Original Language: English
From the Back Cover
The Doctors Book of Food Remedies
In just the last few years, scientists have found hundreds of substances in foods that go way beyond vitamins and minerals for pure healing power. In The Doctors Book of Food Remedies, you will learn exactly how to use the "healing foods" to treat and prevent dozens of conditions, from arthritis and fatigue to high blood pressure and stroke.
* A food that can block the harmful effects of secondhand smoke (page 555)
* How to stop cataracts with the carotenoids in spinach (page 123)
* A juice that reduces urinary tract infections by 58 percent (page 545)
* How a substance in grapefruit can help control diabetes (page 185)
* How to cut your risk of heart disease in half with three simple foods (page 276)
* A phytonutrient in buckwheat that prevents cholesterol from sticking to arteries (page 95)
* The beverage that can reduce the risk of stroke by 73 percent (page 511)
* How to stop an infection with nature's sweetner (page 290)
Plus, 150 nutrient-rich recipes that are specially designed to fight and reverse specific health problems.--This text refers to the Paperback edition.