BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 12, 2016
Returned for refund... I have purchased three of these lights in the past and have been extremely pleased. This was my go-to inexpensive light with excellent throw for night hunting. Even with hot Orbtronic batteries, the output on this unit was pathetic. Comparing old with new, I think the manufacturer cheapened up this light. It feels lighter and the LED is smaller. Even at this low price point you have better options. For $8 more the Guard Dog Orion appears very similar to the old Halos and comes with a better battery. Disappointing, but not too surprising in the world of budget LED torches.
on February 24, 2016
The Flashlight is good and bright, but the battery and the charger are very poorly made. I am not a heavy user but after about 10 months or so of on and off use, the battery died on me. I am not sure if it was the charger that killed the battery or the battery just gave up. After leaving the battery in the charger for about 5 hours or so, i noticed the lights on the charger were blinking. I took it out and tested the battery in the flashlight and that was it. No light. Called customer service and they said that the battery died and because there is only a year of warranty on the battery, i had to buy a new battery or chuck this flashlight away. Buyer beware.
on April 28, 2015
It's bright, it's heavy-duty, it's heavy, it comes with a rechargeable battery.... that has to be removed and placed in it's own cradle charger. But this flashlight has been unreliable for me. Half the time I push the button to turn it on, the light doesn't come on, and the other half of the time, when I do get it to turn on, it goes into the "flash" mode. Unfortunately, I think it's too late for me to get a refund on this item.
on June 20, 2013
Great little flashlight. A good value for the price. I have been using mine for about eight weeks.

I wanted a flashlight for security during my night time walks. The Guard Dog Halo fits the bill very nicely, it will REALLY light up the night for 100 feet or so, and bounces back a bright reflection from street signs 300 feet away. Top branches of tall trees, far off corners of the yard, dark alleys, no problem, all from this very small and lightweight light. The Halo puts out a narrow, tightly focused, nearly pure white beam that goes quite a long way. I have never timed the battery life, but it seems excellent, I get a week of nightly, intermittent use, with full brightness.

The flashlight itself is very solid and seems well made.

A few drawbacks:
The charger that comes with the unit was flimsy, and mine malfunctioned after seven weeks. It was barely putting out two volts, so the battery was not fully charging. So, the jury is still out as far as how well the battery itself holds up. I have ordered a new charger, we will see. The battery did take a good long-lasting charge for as long as the charger held up. My feeling is that the flashlight itself was a great value, I am still be happy with it. The new charger - which will hold two batteries - seems like a nice upgrade.

The front bezel of the light is rather sharp. You need to be careful if you carry it in a pocket or go to grab it quickly. This light definitely should not be in the hands of children.

The wrist strap is attached with a very tiny cord - it does not inspire much confidence. One reviewer noted that it broke on him.

The five function switch works fine- but personally I would be happy with on/off.

The only reason I do not give it five stars is is the charger issue - and, at this price, one can hardly expect a top shelf charger, and the slight manufacturing shortfalls. In fairness, these may be addressed in further production models. The rest of the construction is top notch.

>> Update: Well worth a little extra investment for a better battery charger - these flashlights need good fully charged batteries to shine at their peak. A full charge will give you a week of regular use, easy, an even longer - but, you do start to notice the brightness tapering off. Even at that, this flashlight has poer to spare and outshines any other flashlight that I have ever owned, even the big 3X D-cell Maglight.
on March 16, 2013
I bought two of these, one for my wife and one for myself in our EDC bags. I have to say that I am impressed by this little light, bright as hell and durable (I carry mine at work at night, I'm a FF/Paramedic and its never failed me. That said I have never brought this into a fire, it is my goto light on the street) I did break my strap, but I put a lot of strain on it not realizing it was caught. I can't say that a "superior" strap would have faired much better. I like the ability to chose a less lumen output, in a dark environment the highest setting is almost blinding to me in a confined space I also like that a "soft push" on the switch quickly cycles through the intensity settings. I showed this light to a friend who is an LEO and he liked it so much he bought one for his duty belt and I believe he has a few "converts" on the force as well. The battery charger is a little on the cheap side but it is compact and it functions well, there are more expensive chargers for sale for this battery should you need a replacement or you can buy the same one for cheap here on amazon. I have no problems recommending this light to anyone. Oh, BTW, I put Vaseline on all the threads to A: keep the O rings in good shape and B: to aid in waterproofing, it has been wet many times and as I said earlier, never failed me. I will order a few more in the near future to keep in some go bags...
on March 13, 2016
This flashlight was great for the first few times I used it, which was rare. After about a year, the light flickered a bit, and then turned out. Recharging the battery did nothing. I'm disappointed with the lack of quality of the battery. I can't speak to the charger like other reviewers, and perhaps that's the problem. Either way, I have a new paperweight.
on April 25, 2012
After looking at several different flashlights, I finally settled on what I thought was the perfect one. So I ordered it. And after waiting a little bit, it arrived at my house. (Well, technically at the Post Office near my house, but whatever.) It comes packaged in a very nice box filled with foam with cutouts for all of the bits; flashlight, battery, and charger, so you do not have to fear about the torch falling out. The charger itself is a little cheap feeling, although it performs it job quite admirably, so I suppose I have nothing to complain about. As for the flashlight itself, it's pretty DANG MARVELOUS, if you'll excuse my Caps Lock.

It has 5 settings, (which I'm sure you know from the description), and they are very easy to access. Bright, medium, low, strobe, and then SOS. All you have to do to change modes is push the button in half way. If you press all the way down the flashlight turns back off. Mine keeps coming back up on Bright, but I don't know if that is indicative of all of the products, or just mine. The build is very sturdy, and it fits great in my hand. I could definitely club a gentleman with it, although I do have my doubts that I will ever get to test that theory.

And that's about it! I would very highly recommend it, and as of this point I have not accidentally shined the light in my eyes. So I'm quite happy with this product. And also my hand-eye coordination.
on January 19, 2016
Love it very bright, battery last a long time. Very disabling strobe light function. The mode button only needs pressed half way to change the modes, if the button clicks, then you turned it off. I am so happy with it a purchased a second one. You have to remember you are not buying a $250 tactical light. For the price, this is the best you will find hands down. I have had my first one for 2 years now with no problems. Battery does take a while to fully charge, but I bought spares so not really an issue. Also, you could invest in a better charger as the one it comes with works, but is slow.
on June 14, 2012
***Update*** 3 years in this lightly used unit stopped working. The original battery wasn't very good, ergo I replaced it with a quality 18650. When I called customer service they informed me that using anything other than their battery voids the warranty. Guard Dog is no longer a product I will ever purchase. That's a nonsense policy designed to force you to buy their product. I'm throwing it out. Original review below.

Arrived on time and well packaged. Works like a charm though changing modes is a little tricky. Depressing the switch till it clicks turns it off. Depressing slightly and releasing changes modes. Not terribly intuitive but it sure works well. Brighter than my Maglite & runs long and bright on a full charge. Update:- I gave one each of these to relatives on Staten Island and in Virginia where they found heavy use during & immediately after Hurricane Sandy. Both raved about the brightness & long lasting performance as well as the ability to use it in heavy rain & wind. There are brighter lights but this is a piece well worth owning. You can count on it in a crisis. I'm going to buy another one to carry in my computer bag when I travel along with an extra battery. You never know when it might come in handy.
on October 1, 2012
okay first review ever

start out this light is very very bright. compared to other pricy lights it stands up great. the beam is very focused and was bright and focused out past 100m (on a measured range). i also tested some olights, stream lights, ect. all are great but the focus on this one is really a beam. no cone at all, so if your looking for a flood light its not it.

as for the charging. some people were hit and miss. follow the minimal directions basicly dont over charge and the battery is great. lasts for extended time ive had it for a few months and charged it only twice with continued power. (not used daily)

now ive used the light in an enforcmenet position. it holds up well but the on/off only tailcap is kinda weak. i would have liked a more tactical halfpress on/off for quick light instead of click on/click off.

do not use this light as a gun light. it will not withsand the shock of the recoil on a longgun of any kind. sure u can drop it here and there but thats about it.

i gave it a 4 becasue i think for most people its a great light, i was just a bit disapointed with the durability. mine currently only works half the time after trying it as a gun light for long shots. i might buy another and just be more gentle.

basicly if your looking for a great spotting light thats lightweight and throws a beam out there its perfect. but dont count on it to stand up to a big beating.