Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on April 17, 2013
Most of what's in the book is nothing new. Much of the information given is repeated throughout the book. There are some good ideas and it's a good source of general marketing tips and hints but it lacks in the actual execution "how to" area. For example, they'll tell you that you NEED to something in order to succeed but not how to do it... ...but the author will often direct you to another book that he promises will explain in further detail. Obviously he had plenty of room in the book to explain here, but I'm guessing that getting you to buy another book is just good marketing. ;-)
on December 13, 2010
Im using no-budget social marketing for myself and others and was excited to get my hands on this book from you-know-who. Now, feel like I ordered a Coke and got a diet Shasta soda. Guerrilla Social Media Marketing: 100+ Weapons to Grow Your Online Influence, Attract Customers, and Drive Profits
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
Upon first picking the book I was going to use for this project I was excited to read a book that I would be able to put into practical application and be able to jumpstart my current ventures into the online cloud. The Title Boast of "100+ Weapons to Grow Your Online Influence, Attract Customers, and Drive Profits" and they surly delivered on that promise. Unfortunately this turned out to be the downfall of the book for me. Jay Conrad Levinson and Shane Gibson have written what seems to me to be an encyclopedia of social media. With 100+ ideas crammed into the 240 pages of this book it was a very fast read, but lacked in advice about how to put into practice any of the ideas it spit out at us.
on September 3, 2016
The tools section which is half the book should've been shortened because it dramatically lengthened the book. A list could of easily been sufficient for the tools section, it's a waste of space to input in order to replace the lack of content.
on September 16, 2013
At first you will be saying to yourself- I knew that! But the more you read the book the more you realize there are lots of great tips and ideas- you might have known- but never realized in your situation as a small business owner that they could help. Shipped quickly, great seller, Thanks
on October 30, 2013
Bought the kindle fire version so i could access highlights easier. Like any book some info works for my business, some doesn't. Social media changes min by min these days, so what worked or existed 6 months ago is now outdated.this book is good to get you thinking outside the box, like most of the guerrilla books. The flaw of this book is one the print industry has to find a solution to...getting updates in the hands of consumers that have already purchased. I purchased 500 social media tips by Andrew McCarthy because his books push/allow updates to information.
on March 23, 2013
As DIY Music Artist it's hard to find the right tools to arm ourselves with the right information but this book was easy to read. We were able to use most of the information right away. @kdivas
on December 23, 2015
I like the principles. I've already been able to add some of the key concepts into my business social media platforms. I'm super happy.
on October 17, 2013
This book was just what I have been looking for. Of all the books on this subject that I have purchased, this is the very best.
on August 11, 2011
Frankly, I expected a lot more out of something by Mr. Levinson. This is not one of his better books. Like the tweets it touts (sorry, couldn't help myself) it is a collection of "sound bites" that really does not say how to do anything. I got half way through the book and put it on the donation/recycling pile. Perhaps somebody with no exposure to social media would get something from it.