BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Guess How Much I Love You
Format: Board book|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
When I'd ordered this precious "Sweetheart Gift Edition" on Amazon last August, it was in hopes of it being one of the books we gave our youngest grandson on his 2nd birthday in September (or at least by Christmas!) Originally published in 1994, I don't know what the issues were with the delayed publication date of this gift edition (moved back to 12/27/16 - it didn't make it into our hands until 12/30/16), but even though we were disappointed not to receive it sooner, it was worth the wait! Such a clean look to the pearlescent cover, beautifully accented with the title and design element on the bottom of the front cover printed in silver (as is the quote on the back cover, "I love you right up to the moon - and back.") The soft color palette the illustrator uses is such a nice complement to the simplicity of the words and the story - nice and soothing to read to a youngster prior to a nap or at bedtime, and just the right size (6-1/2" x 7-1/2")... just make sure you're aware that this particular copy is NOT a board book with thick pages (and no pop ups or pull tabs.) Nice little encircled area inside with three lines where you can inscribe your own dedication to the recipient.

The story itself is my favorite part. Who knows at what age a tiny little person begins to comprehend what the word "love" means? I'm sure they begin to understand the concept as soon as they arrive, through a parent's (or other caregiver's) tender touches, kisses, hugs and smiles as they say the words. I can say without a doubt that the first utterance of "I love you, Grandma" by one of our grandkids has always been such a tender memory for me, as you can just sense that they're trying to find words to express how they're feeling (safe, happy, content) - just like Little Nutbrown Hare is trying to express to Big Nutbrown Hare in the story. Seems each time he attempts to quantify his love in terms he can grasp (as wide as his arms can stretch, as high as he can reach with his front paws - or his back paws, while doing a handstand! - or as high as he can hop or as far as he can see), his dad is always able to stretch wider/higher, see farther, etc., in quantifying his own love for his son. When he finally comes up with "I love you right up to the MOON" as the furthest thing he can imagine, his wise dad lets it go at that as the little fellow drifts off to sleep... before whispering with a knowing smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

What Little Nutbrown Hare doesn't know yet is that our capacity to give love only grows as we age, coming to a progressively greater understanding of what the word means by experiencing ALL that's involved in the intimate tapestry of loving someone. As an older woman, I can now weave into that tapestry the recognition of how beautiful it is to receive the earliest expressions of love from a grandchild - there's nothing better in this world. And for me, that's what this little story represents. Perfect.
on September 19, 2017
I used this for a baby shower guest book for a shower I threw and it was perfect! It's a good size and super pretty! So glad I went with this Edition!
on May 21, 2017
I gave this book to all of my newborn grand children. I have another grandchild in the oven and arriving in November so I will be ordering it again.
on June 26, 2017
I got this to go with the soft stuffed Nutbrown hare that I bought for my son and daughter-in-law. They are expecting their first child soon!
on May 27, 2013
I bought this book so I can read it to my babies at bed time. As others reviewers have stated, the book is about a mother or fathers love for their child - it has no limits. There are many things that I love about this book. For instance, the story is absolutely beautiful and the illustrations are really adorable. Also, it is the right length. You will be able to finish it, even with a sleepy baby. The pages are hard, which is great because my babies love to put the book in their mouths while I read it. The book is small. I can hold it with one hand while I hold one of my babies with the other one.
By the way, my husband loves to read this book to our sons too!
I also got the jack in the box, or in this case, the hare in the box, and it is really cute.
on July 30, 2017
This was the book my husband loved to read to our younger son when he was little. We have now purchased it for another father and son to enjoy.
on October 4, 2017
Gave this to someone for their baby shower. I love the book myself and the board book version is great to read with kids.
on March 15, 2017
Cute book. Bought it for my daughter for Easter this year. I read it and I know she will love it and will prob want a plush to go with it.
on March 2, 2015
This is the best greeting card to a friend that I can find ... and it endures and can be shared. Yes, it's a children's board book. So what? I buy these by the pair or triplet and always need more. Wonderful! Just gave a copy to a toddler who is carrying it around and won't share it. Well, she'll get older and ...
on July 18, 2017
I ordered this for my great grandson to let him know I loved him a lot! He really liked it.