Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Guess How Much I Love You
Format: Board book|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
I'd ordered this precious "Sweetheart Gift Edition" on Amazon last August, with hopes it would be one of the books we gave our youngest grandson on his 2nd birthday in September (or at least by Christmas!) Originally published in 1994, I don't know what the issues were with the delayed publication date of this gift edition (moved back to 12/27/16 - it didn't make it into our hands until 12/30/16), but even though we were disappointed not to receive it sooner, it was worth the wait! Such a clean look to the pearlescent cover, beautifully accented with the title and design element on the bottom of the front cover printed in silver (as is the quote on the back cover, "I love you right up to the moon - and back.") The soft color palette the illustrator uses is such a nice complement to the simplicity of the words and the story - nice and soothing to read to a youngster prior to a nap or at bedtime, and just the right size (6-1/2" x 7-1/2")... just make sure you're aware that this particular copy is NOT a board book with thick pages (and no pop ups or pull tabs.) Nice little encircled area inside with three lines where you can inscribe your own dedication to the recipient.

The story itself is terrific. Who knows at what age a tiny little person begins to comprehend what the word "love" means? I'm sure they begin to understand the concept as soon as they arrive, through a parent's (or other caregiver's) tender touches, kisses, hugs and smiles as they say the words. I can say without a doubt that the first utterance of "I love you, Grandma" by one of our grandkids has always been such a tender memory for me, as you can just sense that they're trying to find words to express how they're feeling (safe, happy, content) - just like Little Nutbrown Hare is trying to express to Big Nutbrown Hare in the story. Seems each time he attempts to quantify his love in terms he can grasp (as wide as his arms can stretch, as high as he can reach with his front paws - or his back paws, while doing a handstand! - or as high as he can hop or as far as he can see), his dad is always able to stretch wider/higher, see farther, etc., in quantifying his own love for his son. When he finally comes up with "I love you right up to the MOON" as the furthest thing he can imagine, his wise dad lets it go at that as the little fellow drifts off to sleep... before whispering with a knowing smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

What Little Nutbrown Hare doesn't yet know is that our capacity to give love only grows as we age, coming to a progressively greater understanding of what the word means by experiencing ALL that's involved in the intimate tapestry of loving someone. As an older woman, I can now weave into that tapestry the recognition of how beautiful it is to receive the earliest expressions of love from a grandchild - there's nothing better in this world. And for me, that's what this little story represents. Perfect.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 24, 2016
A classic. Sweet illustrations with a sweet little story.
review imagereview image
Top Contributor: Petson December 20, 2016
I have very fond memories of my parents reading me this board book as a young child, and so I bought this as a gift for a co-worker who was expecting a baby. The shipping speed and quality of the board book was great, and he was very happy with the gift. I'm now expecting a baby myself, and plan on buying a second copy for my own child.
on May 4, 2015
the pictures are repetitious, the colors are exactly the same and very muted. especially with the smaller board book the pictures are very small on the pages as they do not print the full pictures on one whole page for the board book. for my 1 year old, it just doesn't get her attention, for the story is a little long and the pictures do not spark any excitement or interest in her yet. i'm sure when she's older and is more into sitting and listening she may like it more, but this is just my words of advice for those looking to get it for their baby around her age.
on April 4, 2017
I love this book. I read it to my son when he was young. I had to buy the 20th anniversary addition for my grandsons.
on March 4, 2018
Love the story and the book! But returned the first one because it was badly warped - nearly 1/2 inch from corner to corner.

The replacement arrived warped as well. I am a Printer and a book lover, and to me it seems they simply used cheap binders board to build the book. Attempts at getting it to lay flat again failed. Disappointing.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2018
Sweet book, but only includes Daddy hare and baby boy hare. Of course “hare” should have been a clue, I stupidly bought it for the wrong, newly divorced mommie and daughter...thankfully I read it first. I had already bought the minky material and made a quilt to accompany it, but that worked out fine. I must remember to engage brain
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 27, 2013
I bought this book so I can read it to my babies at bed time. As others reviewers have stated, the book is about a mother or fathers love for their child - it has no limits. There are many things that I love about this book. For instance, the story is absolutely beautiful and the illustrations are really adorable. Also, it is the right length. You will be able to finish it, even with a sleepy baby. The pages are hard, which is great because my babies love to put the book in their mouths while I read it. The book is small. I can hold it with one hand while I hold one of my babies with the other one.
By the way, my husband loves to read this book to our sons too!
I also got the jack in the box, or in this case, the hare in the box, and it is really cute.
on October 1, 2017
All in all I am very happy with this purchase. It's a cute book and a cute little bunny, but for some reason I was expecting it to be bigger? I mean it's totally my fault I didn't read the description and the size of the bunny doesn't matter in the long run.
review image
I already had the "Guess How Much I Love You" baby book, which i love, but I wanted to be able to track more of the daily moments of my daughter's first year so when I found this I was excited! The pictures are very cute and basically tell the story over the months. A big plus is that this calendar gives you 13 months to work with so you can record your child's first birthday. A surprising number of them only give you 12 months to work with which is frustrating because you can't record that last month then. My only complaint is that I wish it had more stickers. It only has one "dr visit" one and everyone knows that even if your kid doesn't get sick you are going to be in getting lots of check-ups. But all in all one of the better calendars that I found.