Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,453 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,007 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
When I'd ordered this precious "Sweetheart Gift Edition" on Amazon last August, it was in hopes of it being one of the books we gave our youngest grandson on his 2nd birthday in September (or at least by Christmas!) Originally published in 1994, I don't know what the issues were with the delayed publication date of this gift edition (moved back to 12/27/16 - it didn't make it into our hands until 12/30/16), but even though we were disappointed not to receive it sooner, it was worth the wait! Such a clean look to the pearlescent cover, beautifully accented with the title and design element on the bottom of the front cover printed in silver (as is the quote on the back cover, "I love you right up to the moon - and back.") The soft color palette the illustrator uses is such a nice complement to the simplicity of the words and the story - nice and soothing to read to a youngster prior to a nap or at bedtime, and just the right size (6-1/2" x 7-1/2")... just make sure you're aware that this particular copy is NOT a board book with thick pages (and no pop ups or pull tabs.) Nice little encircled area inside with three lines where you can inscribe your own dedication to the recipient.

The story itself is my favorite part. Who knows at what age a tiny little person begins to comprehend what the word "love" means? I'm sure they begin to understand the concept as soon as they arrive, through a parent's (or other caregiver's) tender touches, kisses, hugs and smiles as they say the words. I can say without a doubt that the first utterance of "I love you, Grandma" by one of our grandkids has always been such a tender memory for me, as you can just sense that they're trying to find words to express how they're feeling (safe, happy, content) - just like Little Nutbrown Hare is trying to express to Big Nutbrown Hare in the story. Seems each time he attempts to quantify his love in terms he can grasp (as wide as his arms can stretch, as high as he can reach with his front paws - or his back paws, while doing a handstand! - or as high as he can hop or as far as he can see), his dad is always able to stretch wider/higher, see farther, etc., in quantifying his own love for his son. When he finally comes up with "I love you right up to the MOON" as the furthest thing he can imagine, his wise dad lets it go at that as the little fellow drifts off to sleep... before whispering with a knowing smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

What Little Nutbrown Hare doesn't know yet is that our capacity to give love only grows as we age, coming to a progressively greater understanding of what the word means by experiencing ALL that's involved in the intimate tapestry of loving someone. As an older woman, I can now weave into that tapestry the recognition of how beautiful it is to receive the earliest expressions of love from a grandchild - there's nothing better in this world. And for me, that's what this little story represents. Perfect.
on December 20, 2016
I have very fond memories of my parents reading me this board book as a young child, and so I bought this as a gift for a co-worker who was expecting a baby. The shipping speed and quality of the board book was great, and he was very happy with the gift. I'm now expecting a baby myself, and plan on buying a second copy for my own child.
on February 8, 2012
I already had the "Guess How Much I Love You" baby book, which i love, but I wanted to be able to track more of the daily moments of my daughter's first year so when I found this I was excited! The pictures are very cute and basically tell the story over the months. A big plus is that this calendar gives you 13 months to work with so you can record your child's first birthday. A surprising number of them only give you 12 months to work with which is frustrating because you can't record that last month then. My only complaint is that I wish it had more stickers. It only has one "dr visit" one and everyone knows that even if your kid doesn't get sick you are going to be in getting lots of check-ups. But all in all one of the better calendars that I found.
on April 4, 2017
I love this book. I read it to my son when he was young. I had to buy the 20th anniversary addition for my grandsons.
on January 2, 2017
What a fantastic book. It is a cute tale of a little bunny wanting to express how much he loves his caretaker. The very last page brought tears to my eyes, to the confusion of my 13-month-old son- it was just so sweet and touching!
on December 27, 2015
My daughter loved this book so I got it for my new baby. It was perfectly wrapped and I love the little rabbit that came with it. My baby's 3 months old and loves to look at the rabbit and already loves to hear me read this story. It is a perfect set for a little one to enjoy!
on November 8, 2016
I loved to read this to my daughter. I purchased it so she could read to her baby.
on September 19, 2017
I used this for a baby shower guest book for a shower I threw and it was perfect! It's a good size and super pretty! So glad I went with this Edition!
on May 25, 2017
This was a perfect small book to go in a baby shower gift. The gift was themed after this book and was the perfect gift for a gender neutral baby shower.
on May 21, 2017
I gave this book to all of my newborn grand children. I have another grandchild in the oven and arriving in November so I will be ordering it again.