Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,361 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,896 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
When I'd ordered this precious "Sweetheart Gift Edition" on Amazon last August, it was in hopes of it being one of the books we gave our youngest grandson on his 2nd birthday in September (or at least by Christmas!) Originally published in 1994, I don't know what the issues were with the delayed publication date of this gift edition (moved back to 12/27/16 - it didn't make it into our hands until 12/30/16), but even though we were disappointed not to receive it sooner, it was worth the wait! Such a clean look to the pearlescent cover, beautifully accented with the title and design element on the bottom of the front cover printed in silver (as is the quote on the back cover, "I love you right up to the moon - and back.") The soft color palette the illustrator uses is such a nice complement to the simplicity of the words and the story - nice and soothing to read to a youngster prior to a nap or at bedtime, and just the right size (6-1/2" x 7-1/2")... just make sure you're aware that this particular copy is NOT a board book with thick pages (and no pop ups or pull tabs.) Nice little encircled area inside with three lines where you can inscribe your own dedication to the recipient.

The story itself is my favorite part. Who knows at what age a tiny little person begins to comprehend what the word "love" means? I'm sure they begin to understand the concept as soon as they arrive, through a parent's (or other caregiver's) tender touches, kisses, hugs and smiles as they say the words. I can say without a doubt that the first utterance of "I love you, Grandma" by one of our grandkids has always been such a tender memory for me, as you can just sense that they're trying to find words to express how they're feeling (safe, happy, content) - just like Little Nutbrown Hare is trying to express to Big Nutbrown Hare in the story. Seems each time he attempts to quantify his love in terms he can grasp (as wide as his arms can stretch, as high as he can reach with his front paws - or his back paws, while doing a handstand! - or as high as he can hop or as far as he can see), his dad is always able to stretch wider/higher, see farther, etc., in quantifying his own love for his son. When he finally comes up with "I love you right up to the MOON" as the furthest thing he can imagine, his wise dad let's it go at that as the little fellow drifts off to sleep... before whispering with a knowing smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

What Little Nutbrown Hare doesn't know yet is that our capacity to give love only grows as we age, coming to a progressively greater understanding of what the word means by experiencing ALL that's involved in the intimate tapestry of loving someone. As an older woman, I can now weave into that tapestry the recognition of how beautiful it is to receive the earliest expressions of love from a grandchild - there's nothing better in this world. And for me, that's what this little story represents. Perfect.
on December 31, 2014
Fast shipping was definitely a plus. I ordered two, one for me and one for a friend and her daughter. Both arrived in perfect condition.

As far as the actual book goes I really liked it. Some of the reviews said it wasn't cute because they were competing over who loved who more. But my three year old and I do that all the time. We are just playing around and he always wins. I say I love you, he says a love you more, I say I love you most and after play arguing he eventually says "I just want to love you equal" so we agree on loving each other equally.
Just wanted to point out that big nutbrown hare let little nutbrown hare win. He didn't say he loved him to the moon and back until after little nutbrown hare was asleep.

The book is adorable in my opinion. Not so sure I like the name choices because they're so long but I could easily substitute different names in if it annoys me that much.

My little guy and I say "I love you to the moon and back" all the time so he thought it was pretty cool something he actually says was in a book.
on February 8, 2012
I already had the "Guess How Much I Love You" baby book, which i love, but I wanted to be able to track more of the daily moments of my daughter's first year so when I found this I was excited! The pictures are very cute and basically tell the story over the months. A big plus is that this calendar gives you 13 months to work with so you can record your child's first birthday. A surprising number of them only give you 12 months to work with which is frustrating because you can't record that last month then. My only complaint is that I wish it had more stickers. It only has one "dr visit" one and everyone knows that even if your kid doesn't get sick you are going to be in getting lots of check-ups. But all in all one of the better calendars that I found.
on August 24, 2016
A classic. Sweet illustrations with a sweet little story.
review image review image
on December 20, 2016
I have very fond memories of my parents reading me this board book as a young child, and so I bought this as a gift for a co-worker who was expecting a baby. The shipping speed and quality of the board book was great, and he was very happy with the gift. I'm now expecting a baby myself, and plan on buying a second copy for my own child.
on April 5, 2016
This story has sentimental meanings for me, sharing it with my daughter. The book itself, though, is really meant as one of those heavy-duty thick paged books for toddlers. This is great for toddlers, but the small stuffed rabbit is not one that would hold-up very long with a toddler. The rabbit is light and really not made for that age, but for an older child who might simply put it on a display shelf to remember the story. So, this package contains a book meant for a toddler to nearly chew on (although not recommended) with a little frail stuffed toy that I wouldn't want a toddler to play with---hummm....seems like the designer of this duo wasn't being very pragmatic. Still, I enjoy the story so much, and since stuffed toys are nearly always a delight and bring smiles, it is still a 4-star rating.
on January 2, 2017
What a fantastic book. It is a cute tale of a little bunny wanting to express how much he loves his caretaker. The very last page brought tears to my eyes, to the confusion of my 13-month-old son- it was just so sweet and touching!
on March 2, 2015
This is the best greeting card to a friend that I can find ... and it endures and can be shared. Yes, it's a children's board book. So what? I buy these by the pair or triplet and always need more. Wonderful! Just gave a copy to a toddler who is carrying it around and won't share it. Well, she'll get older and ...
on January 1, 2016
i'm really in love with this book, i read it to my kids every night. it come with the bunny which is a cutie small bunny my oldest is two years old and he like it pretty much, this is a a sweet book to read.
on March 15, 2017
Cute book. Bought it for my daughter for Easter this year. I read it and I know she will love it and will prob want a plush to go with it.