Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Guess How Much I Love You
Format: Board book|Change

on August 24, 2016
A classic. Sweet illustrations with a sweet little story.
review imagereview image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2017
I'd ordered this precious "Sweetheart Gift Edition" on Amazon last August, with hopes it would be one of the books we gave our youngest grandson on his 2nd birthday in September (or at least by Christmas!) Originally published in 1994, I don't know what the issues were with the delayed publication date of this gift edition (moved back to 12/27/16 - it didn't make it into our hands until 12/30/16), but even though we were disappointed not to receive it sooner, it was worth the wait! Such a clean look to the pearlescent cover, beautifully accented with the title and design element on the bottom of the front cover printed in silver (as is the quote on the back cover, "I love you right up to the moon - and back.") The soft color palette the illustrator uses is such a nice complement to the simplicity of the words and the story - nice and soothing to read to a youngster prior to a nap or at bedtime, and just the right size (6-1/2" x 7-1/2")... just make sure you're aware that this particular copy is NOT a board book with thick pages (and no pop ups or pull tabs.) Nice little encircled area inside with three lines where you can inscribe your own dedication to the recipient.

The story itself is terrific. Who knows at what age a tiny little person begins to comprehend what the word "love" means? I'm sure they begin to understand the concept as soon as they arrive, through a parent's (or other caregiver's) tender touches, kisses, hugs and smiles as they say the words. I can say without a doubt that the first utterance of "I love you, Grandma" by one of our grandkids has always been such a tender memory for me, as you can just sense that they're trying to find words to express how they're feeling (safe, happy, content) - just like Little Nutbrown Hare is trying to express to Big Nutbrown Hare in the story. Seems each time he attempts to quantify his love in terms he can grasp (as wide as his arms can stretch, as high as he can reach with his front paws - or his back paws, while doing a handstand! - or as high as he can hop or as far as he can see), his dad is always able to stretch wider/higher, see farther, etc., in quantifying his own love for his son. When he finally comes up with "I love you right up to the MOON" as the furthest thing he can imagine, his wise dad lets it go at that as the little fellow drifts off to sleep... before whispering with a knowing smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

What Little Nutbrown Hare doesn't yet know is that our capacity to give love only grows as we age, coming to a progressively greater understanding of what the word means by experiencing ALL that's involved in the intimate tapestry of loving someone. As an older woman, I can now weave into that tapestry the recognition of how beautiful it is to receive the earliest expressions of love from a grandchild - there's nothing better in this world. And for me, that's what this little story represents. Perfect.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson December 20, 2016
I have very fond memories of my parents reading me this board book as a young child, and so I bought this as a gift for a co-worker who was expecting a baby. The shipping speed and quality of the board book was great, and he was very happy with the gift. I'm now expecting a baby myself, and plan on buying a second copy for my own child.
on May 4, 2015
the pictures are repetitious, the colors are exactly the same and very muted. especially with the smaller board book the pictures are very small on the pages as they do not print the full pictures on one whole page for the board book. for my 1 year old, it just doesn't get her attention, for the story is a little long and the pictures do not spark any excitement or interest in her yet. i'm sure when she's older and is more into sitting and listening she may like it more, but this is just my words of advice for those looking to get it for their baby around her age.
on December 20, 2015
This little board book is a traditional book about how much a mommy loves her baby! It is small enough for baby to hold and short enough for an infant to sit and listen to! My 4 month old tries to grab the pages and put the book in his mouth so I needed the board book! It is an adorable story explaining how the little one will never understand how much mommy loves him!
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2011
I love this story and had the book when my children were younger. I think the message about love is beautiful and my children always enjoyed the story. I have purchased different versions of the book as baby shower gifts for friends. This version is a sturdy board book which comes nicely packaged with a soft toy bunny. The packaging of the two items look great for presenting as a gift. I am a little disappointed in the toy bunny. It's cute in the box, but I don't know if it's really suitable for a child under 3 to play with. If nothing else, it could be used as a nursery decoration until the baby is older. I highly recommend the book and also this version with the toy bunny with some reservations about the age level for playing with the toy.
on January 29, 2018
Great quality book... my grandkids love this story. It's a family tradition since reading it to my son when he was little
on December 31, 2014
Fast shipping was definitely a plus. I ordered two, one for me and one for a friend and her daughter. Both arrived in perfect condition.

As far as the actual book goes I really liked it. Some of the reviews said it wasn't cute because they were competing over who loved who more. But my three year old and I do that all the time. We are just playing around and he always wins. I say I love you, he says a love you more, I say I love you most and after play arguing he eventually says "I just want to love you equal" so we agree on loving each other equally.
Just wanted to point out that big nutbrown hare let little nutbrown hare win. He didn't say he loved him to the moon and back until after little nutbrown hare was asleep.

The book is adorable in my opinion. Not so sure I like the name choices because they're so long but I could easily substitute different names in if it annoys me that much.

My little guy and I say "I love you to the moon and back" all the time so he thought it was pretty cool something he actually says was in a book.
on January 31, 2018
Cute little book to give along with a newborn welcoming gift. Cards are nice, but a book is more useful and meaningful ❤️
on February 18, 2018
This was for my next Great Grand Son. It was lovely.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse