- File Size: 3376 KB
- Print Length: 235 pages
- Publisher: Healthcareonomics (September 30, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 30, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01LYDINVO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #554,405 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$19.99|
Save $10.00 (50%)
The Guide to Buying Health Insurance, and Health Care Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 235 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of 2018
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-8 of 11 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book got the wheels in my head turning:
1. I would be curious to know Dr. Wacasey’s stance on pre-existing conditions. Supporters of Obama Care tout that as a huge benefit. Logic dictates that this rule existed to protect health insurance companies if, say, a person discovered they had cancer and *then* opted to buy health insurance. It is akin to buying flood insurance *after* your house has been devastated by a flood and then filing a claim. Forcing Americans to buy something is an invasion on freedom, so what is the solution?
2. What will be the impact of genetic health testing on health insurance prices? (For example, the presence of BRCA1 gene) Will insurance companies charge a higher premium to people with a known genetic predilection to certain diseases? On the flip, will they continue to charge the same premium to people who are known *not* to have that predisposition to diversify the risk and offset the costs? As scientists work to unravel our DNA and individuals’ health risks become more quantifiable, what does the future of health insurance look like?
3. Wacasey mentions a website listing laboratories that offer fair prices and enable patients to choose what tests they want without a doctor’s prescription. Lo and behold, I happen to live in one of the few states where this is not legally permitted. What is this law and what is it intended to protect me from?
4. Are there any web sites that list doctors who are as enlightened as Dr. Wacasey - who do not accept health insurance but instead offer reasonable charges given the true costs?
I highly recommend this book to you, your family, your friends, your doctors, and especially all our politicians!
Wacasey shows in plain layman's terms just how bad the health insurance companies are literally "Screwing us to DEATH". I'll never understand the line a person steps across when they begin to murder another human being for money, and that is what we're talking about here. Amercian's are dying daily because these big insurance companies bought our elected officials out from under us and now we're paying the price.
Strangely enough these white people have a mind to till the soil and the love of possession is a disease with them. They have made many rules that the rich may break but the poor may not. They take their tithes from the poor and weak to support the rich and those who rule.
---Sitting Bull, the last Chief of the Lakota Sioux
You want to understand the ongoing Health CARE vs Heallth INSURANCE debacle? Dr Wacasey has got the explanation and the answer to the most confusing and deceptively misleading issue of the day. Read Dr Wacasey's book and be informed and enlightended. I have read it!! Great Job Dr "W"!! Keep it up!! And thanks for your efforts. the powers to be should hire you to straighten this mess out. (They probably won't though.........they know they have too much to lose!!)
Thanks to Dr. Wacasey's book, I now know which areas to select and ignore when election season arrives. I wish I knew about this book earlier in my life because I could have save thousands of dollars on heath care costs.
In the book, the doctor provides multiple examples on how to select coverage for different types of people with and without families.
It took me a couple of days to read the book but it can be completed easily in one day.
Whether you have coverage from your workplace or coverage from the government, take some time to read this book.
It will save you money now and in the future!!
I give the book 5 Stars since I think it's important for others to gain more knowledge about Health Insurance and Health Care.