Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on June 30, 2010
I was in the middle of trying to apply for this pension for my 85 year old mother. My father was a World War II Veteran. I had already done the 1st application for the Aid and Attendance penison. Had several more forms to try and figure out. This book was invaluable in helping me complete the forms. I now feel confident that she will be approved for this pension. It means the difference between living in a medicaid nursing home and being able to live in a nice assisted living home.

My father earned this right and I'm so thankful for his heroic service to our country. I now know that my husband and two brother in-laws (all Vietnam Vets) along with myself and my sisters will qualify for this penison later. This information is worth everything to us all!
on February 7, 2010
I found this book very informative. It outlines every step needed to attain the benefits our vets are entitled to. It is carefully researched and written for all to understand. Checks for Vets helps our vets and their families achieve a better lifestyle (that they so deserve) if or when they get sick.

This guide is a MUST resource whether you need help now or possibly in the future. I bought it to keep close to me for future use.

Thanks Joe for taking the time to write such a great book that helps so many people!
on February 24, 2014
I bought this book to help with my mother's needs (she's a spouse of a war vet). I again bought it so that a brother living away so he could gain the same information. So very helpful. It can help you avoid engaging an attorney to help get benefits for your loved one.
on July 22, 2015
Have not completely finished the book, however, the portions that I was particularly interested in was very useful.
on April 12, 2011
I read checks for vets for my 91 year old WW II veteran father. I filled out the application on line and then printed it off. Went to the local veterans affairs office with completed form. was very helpful at that meeting as I had all information they needed. There is money there just for the asking, shame more people don't know about it.
on October 1, 2012
Checks for Vets A Guidebook to Help Wartime Veterans and Their Surviving Spouses Receive VA PensionsThis book has been a lifesaver. It explains things in a very clear and understandable manner. It will help me in assisting veterans with pension claims.
on March 28, 2011
I bought this book to help me understand the information on the VA website for my elderly father who is a veteran of the Korean War (stationed in Germany). It is a well written book that clearly interprets government-speak. (Unfortunately, my father does not qualify for any benefits under his current situation.)
on May 15, 2014
If you're a vet get then these of the books that you need to get to help you get the money that is deserved for you guys.
on January 4, 2014
A wonderful book with a great deal of information for those of us who really want to know-for all age veterans.
on July 26, 2014
Product as described, and shipped on time.