Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on February 8, 2012
These blocks are a lot of fun and really do add some color to standard block sets.

Quality and durability are average I think. They are made of a good solid wood but the acrylic inserts seem a bit thin and they are not secured tightly so they slide back and forth inside of the frame. I have ony had the blocks for a few days, but so far, no cracks.

**Not as shown- The pictures show blocks with acrylic in four different colors. My set only had 3 colors; red, blue, and yellow. This was a big deal to me because I bought the blocks to help reinforce color recognition. It's a lot of fun to look through the blocks and watch the surroundings change color. Not having the green was a big disappointment.

Even though I would like to see some improvments in quality control, I would buy the blocks again.

UPDATE:
I've had the blocks for about a year now and no cracks!
on February 14, 2015
We bought two sets of these standard-sized window blocks, one as a gift and another for our own children who already have a "junior" (smaller) set of Guidecraft's window blocks. Unfortunately the colors in this standard set are very washed out, more pastel than bright primary. (The yellow ones were basically clear.) Compared side-by-side to the junior set, they aren't even half as vivid. Although they are still perfectly useful as blocks, the washed-out colors present a problem if you're using them to teach color mixing or primaries. I'm guessing these were either factory seconds or stored improperly.
on August 18, 2014
My 2.5 year old loves these blocks. Aside from building with them, she enjoys looking through them to make the world around her a tinted color. My only complaint about these blocks and the reason why they didn't receive five stars from me is that the colors are not as pictured. The red is a pale pink, the blue is a pale blue. This is especially annoying because my daughter's favorite color is red.
on June 26, 2016
They look like they are the same size as unit blocks. I haven't given them to her yet but I expect that she will love building with them.
on March 17, 2013
Our autistic grandson loves these blocks. He likes to stack then, but especially enjoys looking through them to see the world in different hues. They have been very sturdy despite heavy use.
on July 3, 2015
Kids loved these. These are not as durable as the solid wood blocks, but that is to be expected as they are not solid wood. These were a great addition to out wooden block set.
on January 13, 2014
these blocks are awesome! look through them, stack em, overlap em, and much more. I use these blocks in my classroom and at home with my own small children
on April 14, 2015
Great quality - one if our favorites
on February 5, 2015
The colors are not as bright as shown.
on December 8, 2010
Both of my children have enjoyed these from just a few months old (looking through them and seeing the world in different colors) to 5 years old incorporating them into castles and such "as stained glass windows"