FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $4.98. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Guild Wars 2 provides a massive, online persistent world.
- Free online play. No monthly fee.
- Players have the freedom to play together even if their friends are at a much higher (or lower) level.
- Players will be able to engage in organized, balanced PvP (similar to GvG in the original Guild Wars) without needing to first level up characters, find equipment, or unlock skills.
- You will be able to advance your character to the maximum level without ever joining a group if you so desire.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 is a subscription free, Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG) exclusively for the PC gaming platform. A sequel to the original Guild Wars game released in 2005, the game is set in a persistent gameworld and features a choice based storyline focused around the continued struggles of the peoples of the land of Tyria. Now hundreds of years past the events of the original game, the almost forgotten threat of the Elder Dragons has risen, but so has 'Destiny's Edge,' a guild pledged to combat them. Game features include: a dynamic event/questing system, small and large-scale combat, player vs. player arenas, multiple playable races and professions, and expansive and rewarding dungeon crawls.
In the Shadow of Dragons Legends Become Real
For generations, strife and chaos raged across Tyria as the great races competed and warred against each other. Then the dragons awoke. The all-powerful Elder Dragons rose from beneath earth and sea, wreaking havoc on a global scale. Great cities crumbled before their might. Coastlines flooded. Lush forests burned. Tyria was forever altered.
Now, the undead legions of the deathless dragon Zhaitan surge across the land, hungry for the destruction of the free races of Tyria: the Charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the Asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the Norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid north; the Sylvari, a mysterious race of mystical plant folk; and the Humans, an embattled but resilient people.
The time has come for the free races to stand together against the rising tide of evil. Magic, cold steel, and the deeds of heroes will determine the fate of Tyria.
Key Game Features
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- HDD space: 25 GB available
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Input: Keyboard and mouse
Dynamic, Interactive, and Personalized Gaming Experience
Your choices and actions have a real effect on the world around you. Will the besieged villagers fight off the rampaging centaur horde or succumb to the attack? You decide.
Guild Wars 2 is your story. Follow your own customized quest storyline as it evolves from choices you made at the beginning of the game.
New Depths of Character Personalization
You choose from eight powerful professions and from five races - the defiant Humans, the feline Charr, the unearthly Sylvari, the mighty Norn, or the ingenious Asura.
A Rich, Fully Realized Fantasy World
Developed over the past five years, the vast and incredibly detailed world of Tyria has been brought to life by an award-winning art and development team.
An Innovative Combat System
Featuring amazing skills, combos, improvisational tactics, and environmental weapons, the Guild Wars 2 combat system puts the fun back in MMO battles. Attack on the move, dodge and roll away from enemy blows, team up with other players, and take advantage of environmental weapons to dominate the battlefield!
Intense Player vs. Player Action
Take up arms in epic world vs. world warfare or test your skills against other players in PvP arenas. Competitive play in Guild Wars 2 is easy to learn, but offers challenges for new players and hardcore PvPers alike. In Player vs. Player matches, small teams of players battle over maps packed with objectives, while in World vs. World, armies of hundreds of players from competing servers wage war across four sprawling maps.
Guild Wars 2
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Very unique in comparison to other MMOs out right now
- FREE TO PLAY/NO MONTHLY FEE
- Because there is no monthly fee, you may think "I'll have to use real money to get good gear". Absolutely not. You can earn tons of in-game currency in all sorts of way, without having to use real money. Obviously it wouldn't be as fast as using real money, but there are definitely ways to get rich without paying an extra cent.
- There are dynamic events that pop up throughout the map and its always fun to join other players doing these events.
- There's PvP (player vs player), PvE (Player vs Environment, no PvP), and WvW (world vs world/server vs server). There are different modes for everyone to play.
- Every player has different and unique gear. I rarely see two players who look alike, gear-wise. I love seeing all the unique armor and dye combinations that players have.
- You can create five characters for free, and if you want more, you can purchase another character slot.
- There are eight (soon to be nine) professions or classes, and five different races.
- If your character is level 80, but your friend is level 10, you two can still play together and not have your level 80 be extremely overpowered. There is a level-scaling system which works very well.
- One of the greatest thing, close to being my favorite, is the Guild Wars 2 community. 95% of the people are very friendly and will help anyone with questions or they will have casual conversations with random people. I have also encountered a lot of people who give away valuable in-game items to people. There is also a great diversity of people who play. From young to older. Personally, I am on the younger side (18), but some people in my guild are married and I have met older folks who even play Guild Wars 2 with their children. I think its great.
There is so much more that I love about this game, but way too many things to list.
- It isn't like Skyrim where you can hit whenever. There are a certain set of moves that certain weapons have, but I don't mind.
I can't really think of much I dislike. I'm not trying to say there are not things I dislike in Guild Wars 2, but there are definitely more things I like about it than things I dislike about the game.
Overall, it is a great, fun, and unique MMO. One of the greatest video games I have ever played. Definitely worth the money. Also to note, there is an expansion pack (Heart of Thorns) coming out soon, which is different from the regular updates they release. This expansion is $50 which also includes the core game if you do not already have it. Personally, I will not be pre-purchasing the expansion pack due to the price, but I wouldn't doubt if I bought it. I am just waiting to see what others say about the expansion. But even without the expansion, there are world event updates as I stated earlier, that are extremely fun. For example, there was an event during Christmas, and there were SO many things you could do. New game modes, new gear and loot. GREAT PURCHASE and its only $20! So what are you waiting for?? There is never a time where I've had nothing to do while playing.
The Good: The game is fun ( I purchased this copy for my SO as it is a lot cheaper than buying the digital copy online -- and yet it has the same features ) .. Pretty effed up if you ask me.. I pay for a physical copy (get a game case / box) and I pay less... ahhh well-- The game is very fun and has some " pay to play features " but you don't have to pay to enjoy yourself. Not having to pay a monthly subscription is also a huge win.
The Bad: That the digital copy costs more
Would I purchase this item again: No- I already have two copies ( yes I said TWO copies ) - it's that good of a game.
be warned, while the game isn't necessarily grindy, there is so much going on all day long, even for those not usually prone to becoming addicted to games will find the game difficult to convince themselves to put down(even though the game gives you plenty of opportunities to do so).
PVP is not limited by player-level or player-gear. Even a level 1 character can play against 80s as every character is scaled together, yet the importance of skill still allows for growth over time. Lastly, playing in PVP rewards you with loot, good gear, PVE experience, and more. So if PVP is your deal, you'll still never feel like you're wasting time on the PVE side of things.
PVE is huge. There are world bosses, dungeons, fractals, Guild races and games, and tons of story. If you want 100% completion, you're going to get 100x your money's worth.
The game itself is beautiful. I love just looking at it sometimes. I find myself taking tons of screenshots - it's such a lovely world!
The character customization is great, finding jump puzzles and secret areas adds a wonderful element of anticipation and exploration, and the fact that it's a living world? That events in-game actually change the map? That just about makes it perfect right there.
Most recent customer reviews
I personally have bought this item for collecting purposes so I haven't opened the box.Read more