& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Return to the battle-scarred continent of Tyria
- 150 new profession-specific skills
- Wreak bloody vengeance on the vicious Charr
- Do you have what it takes to enlist the fearsome Norn to your side?
- Immortalize your legend in the Hall of Monuments
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
(1) Guild Wars: PROPHECIES has a good story line and is also the most natural "prequel" for the story in Eye of the North. However, leveling to level 20 in Prophecies is comparatively slow and reaching the city of Lion's Arch (where you can access the new region in EotN) will take you many hours of concentrated (though enjoyable) play.
(2) Guild Wars: FACTIONS is the quickest of the campaigns in which to level up to level 20. It also has the best story of the three campaigns, although some players did not like Factions as well as the other two campaigns. I enjoyed the campaign's Asian theme and locations, although I found the missions in Factions to be much more challenging than in Prophecies.
(3) Guild Wars: NIGHTFALL introduces Heroes (customizable non-player characters), which are very helpful as you level your character, but has the weakest storyline of the three campaigns (it is still a good story, however). I also found the leveling to be a bit slower in Nightfall than in Factions.
WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT EYE OF THE NORTH
Everything that I appreciate about Guild Wars is in EotN:
(1) It has an intriguing story, punctuated by entertaining and often amusing cut scenes (mini-movies). The story is also divided into three main "arcs", allowing players to go this way or that in the story line, as they so choose.Read more ›
The game is still gorgeous (even moreso, really), the new heroes are excellent and the minigames are fun. There aren't a lot of new skills, but what's here does create some very interesting possibilities when combined with what's in the other chapters.
All in all, this is a must buy for anyone that enjoys Guild Wars. It's a great collection of content for the level 20 character that's done it all, and if you're a fan of the game what more could you want?
1. Tons of eye-candy. Tons of attention was paid to making the dungeons et al. look amazing. There are gas traps that shoot out amazing fountains of poison, there are cogs and wheels in motion, etc. It is very well done in the graphics dept.
2. The story line is really good. It ties in various factions from previous campaigns.
3. Tons of new PvE skills. There are new Title tracks and skills to go with them (Norn, Dwarf, and Asura) with benefits for displaying the title (similar to Lightbringer track from Nightfall). There are also standard skills you can buy for PvP and PvE from a skill trainer as well, but by and large, the new skills are on the Title tracks, which also means they can't be used in PvP.
Now for why I am disappointed in GWEN:
1. Dungeons - These were touted to be oh-so-amazing things to explore. Well, they are in an entirally visual way. The problem that arises is that most dungeons are a pain in the rear. You basically have to meta for each specific dungeon and if you don't ahead of time, expect to finally reach the boss at the end of the dungeon after 2-3 hours fighting your way there and find out that you have no way of beating the boss, and will have to start all over. There are some simple puzzles in dungeons which I will say is a good thing, but they are childishly simple. There not even to the level of say Knights of the Old Republic series (whose hardest puzzle was a modified Towers of Hanoi).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Been a guild wars lover for years and this was one of the best expansions! Love it..Published 7 months ago by kara
Great game that I no longer play because GW2 came out just a year after purchase.Published 20 months ago by Sam
The entire Guild Wars 1 series is amazing and still going to this day. After taking a break from it for about a year and playing Guild Wars 2, I am enjoying this game all over... Read morePublished 21 months ago by SM