+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Two new professions - The Dervish, a scythe-wielding holy warrior and The Paragon, the guardian angels of the Elonian people
- 4 new guild halls
- 300 new skills
- Peerless online RPG action with no monthly fees
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
One of the most important new additions to the game series is the Hero system, where you can customize and have much greater control over your Heroes (upgraded henchmen). I tend to solo a lot, since I rarely have blocks of time or have the patience to deal with other players, so this lets me get an often more competent (you customize their skills) team together. The beauty of this latest Chapter is that it enhances all previous Chapters (Prophecies and Factions): you can use your Heroes in the prior Chapters. This backwards compatibility was quite the bonus to my prior investment, and rewarding loyal players is EXACTLY the right thing to do.
Every Chapter, ArenaNet has upgraded the graphics engine, and Nightfall continues that trend. I know, I know, gameplay > graphics, but this scores on both counts. Graphically, it has spoiled me for many other games, and the art direction and creativity is nothing short of astounding.
As for cons, it isn't quite as casual gamer-friendly as some of the other titles out there, such as City of Heroes. You do need to learn about how skills work, and sometimes you get item drops (there is loot!) that you don't know what to do with. However, if you know how to read, you can just look it up on the 'net.
I've found this latest release to actually be their best one yet, and I'm still debating whether to recommend new players pick up Chapter One (Prophecies) for the storyline or this one for sheer features and streamlined gameply and story. They've truly learned from the previous two Chapters and incorporated the lessons into Nightfall.
(1) Enjoy a great story and playing a part in that story
(2) Appreciate fine graphics, stunning landscapes, and strikingly rendered monsters and battle effects
(3) Enjoy small group/solo adventuring
(4) Enjoy strategizing, exploring, and questing
(5) Can sometimes play for long stretches at a time ... but can often only play in smaller blocks of 30-60 minutes and still want to have fun and get stuff done
(6) Might have to pause mid-quest to do something else (wash dishes, go for a walk, take out the garbage, answer the phone...) and come back later (Guild Wars, I find, is much more "forgiving" for players who have lives, where World of Warcraft is not, since Guild Wars more or less "holds your place" if you are called away temporarily to do other things)
Nightfall adds new story content, new professions (the paragon [kind of a spear-wielding paladin] and the dervish [a whirling, spinning slice and dicer]), a bucketload of nifty innovations, and ABOVE ALL, HEROES. The heroes are customizable, controllable henchmen that add a whole new dimension to the game--not only to Nightfall but to the two previous editions of Guild Wars as well.
I have to say I am pleased and greatly impressed with Nightfall. I took a character or two over from the previous campaigns and nabbed a few heroes and now those characters are back playing through the Prophecies and Factions missions and quests with their Heroes. I love this!
NCSoft has, in effect, upped the ante and enriched and deepened the playability of ALL of their games at once, although I hasten to add that you must purchase Nightfall to access the new regions (i.e.Read more ›
When diving into the Guild Wars sage, I began with Nightfall. I recommend Nightfall to new Guild Wars players. Heros taught me about other classes and were always available when I needed help.
Although my Radeon 9200 video card was sufficient in WOW, it lags a little in GW. I like GW so much, I plan to upgrade when I can.
I was a casual WOW player in WOW for 6 months, only leveling to 48. After playing Guild Wars a few weeks, I gave up my WOW subscription. I have continued playing Guild Wars when I can and love it. Here's why:
1) The missions (main quests) in Guild Wars taken while I level my characters impact the environment as a whole. I feel like what I'm doing is meaningful. And they begin as soon as a new character is made. The "Collect 10 bear pelts" type quests in WOW felt silly. Nothing in the WOW environment ever changes for more than a moment or two.
2) When I quest in GWs, I am not interupted by other players. Only my party members can chat with me, and they are involved on the same quests I am. In WOW, I was constantly interupted. Players begged, nagged, and sometimes made unneccessary negative comments. The chat was constant. I played on a PVP server so getting "ganked" or killed by powerful other players was a constant possibility and seemed to happen right when I was about to complete tasks. That was a drag.
3) I dreaded end game material in WOW and am excited about end gaming in Guild Wars. My husband did WOW end game instances for the minimum 15-20 hours a week necessary for his guild, and he was considered to be "casual." Hello, I have a life. That's too much for me. Plus it got really boring, he said. Instances in WOW are difficult, but they never change.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I spend WAY too much time playing this,, Even after 7 years...Published 3 months ago by Charles J. Ferraris
Neglected to inform that it contained a used product key. Pretty much worthlessPublished 8 months ago by Jayce
The entire Guild Wars 1 series is amazing and still going to this day. After taking a break from it for about a year and playing Guild Wars 2, I am enjoying this game all over... Read morePublished 20 months ago by SM
This is a great expansion pack to Guild Wars. I have played every version of this game thus far, and I really enjoyed the new content in Nightfall.Published on December 13, 2013 by Joshua T. Eadie
I'm not going to try the expansion pack because the original game left much to be desired especially in regards to server signal strength.Published on December 4, 2013 by Regis
WOW I loved this game, Easy Istalation , Work Perfect a long Time , Come New in Box Sealed With a Code,
I recommended for all Buyers.