About the Product
- Venues from historical moments during the band's illustrious career offer the experience of "sweet emotion" and further capture the essence of the band's rise to fame.
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the first game built around the legendary music of America's Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band: Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer.
- This latest installment from the franchise with the #1 best-selling video game in 2007, puts players in the shoes of Perry (guitar), Whitford (guitar) and Hamilton (bass), as they rock out alongside frontman Tyler and drummer Kramer.
- Gamers will experience Aerosmith's Grammy winning career, from their first gig to becoming rock royalty, in a way that no other entertainment vehicle offers.
- As fans progress through their careers in the game, they can rock out to scores of Aerosmith's greatest hits, as well as songs from celebrated artists that the band has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
... Or rise to rock royalty with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and become "The Bad Boys of Boston". Light up the stage and jam with some of the best Rock & Roll tracks of all time, including Aerosmith's greatest hits and opening songs from some of the world's best bands. Become Aerosmith with characters of the entire band showing off legendary moves in the most electrifying venues.
Top Customer Reviews
King of Rock -Run DMC
Bright Light Fright
Walk this way W/DMC
Cat Scratch Fever-Nugent
Sex Type Thing-STP
Toys in the Attic
Train Kept' Rollin'
Kings and Queens
Rats in the Cellar
these songs as well as some JOE PERRY tunes are also in GH Aerosmith. A band that it turns out makes a prime candidate to center a GH game around. The track list is overall put together with a good eye to keeping the game feeling fresh. The mechanics of the gameplay feel smooth and like GHIII tougher on harder settings. Certain songs like No Surprize, Nobody's Fault and Mama Kin sound great with the soundfx that accompany the song when you are nailing it(think the chorus singing in Rock Band). Basically a classic GH game with a pretty outstanding opening band list and selection of music. The Cult, The Clash, The Black Crowes, (BTW the covers by wavergroup etc sound good as usual.)
With the onset of more complicated Guitar Hero games on the horizon this one might stand the test of time alongside the other PS2 guitar hero games better than we might expect. Better song choice than GH 80s and way more unlockables.
Lots of Aerosmith hits
Game is not too difficult to beat on easy mode
Snippets of the band members telling stories within the game
Great Aerosmith facts in between songs
Decent rendering of the band members as animated characters
Cool graphics of their gigs
Game is pretty easy to beat on the easy mode (pro for some, might be a con for others)
Some favorite hits were missing
Slow load - but that's the joy of PS2
No way to skip the band stories to go straight to the gig/song
I really had few complaints about this game. I loved it! It was my first introduction to guitar hero, and it was a fun way to start out. I've since played other GH titles, and find this game to be pretty comparable to the other titles. This game is pretty easy to complete while on easy mode, which for me was nice. It gave me a chance to unlock all my favorite songs without too much frustration. I then went back through and began working my way through on medium mode. In easy mode it even eventually let me skip the battle against Joe Perry, which was good since otherwise I think I'd still be trying!
The only issue I really had was that you couldn't skip the little interview bits with the band that came in between some gigs/songs while in career mode. I really enjoyed hearing them all the first few times around, but after awhile, I had heard them all and just wanted to get to playing. There were also a few hits that weren't on the game that I would have liked to seen, but most of the really big ones are on here. There's also a lot of really great songs by other artists that are influences of or influenced by Aerosmith in some way.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fun game! I was worried about it at first, but it plays just as smooth as GH3 and has excellent content.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Works great! Love the music on this disc. Some songs I have never heard before.Published 9 months ago by nancy earnest