& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Play as a wide variety of characters and customize outfits from throughout the decades of rock, defining the best and most outrageous clothing trends in rock history.
- Stream over 50 songs between Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and Guitar Hero: On Tour using local wireless play.
- Rock out to 25 all new songs and 3 bonus tracks, with some of the greatest hits from each decade. 21 of these are exclusive to Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and 7 are taken from Guitar Hero World Tour.
- Use the Guitar Hero DS guitar grip peripheral, pick-stylus (both included), and DS stylus or your finger to strum the touch-activated screen to rock out on the go.
- Choose from a variety of game modes including: single player, Practice Mode and multiplayer modes including Face Off, Pro Face off, Co-op and Guitar Duel together with a friend by utilizing local wireless multi-card play.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Overall, I'd say this is a pretty fun DS game. It may not vary much from the game of June, but if you liked that one, you'll have a blast with this one. Perhaps its not worth its $35 game-only price tag, but jamming out on the DS doesn't get much better than this.
At less than $10, the game is a steal! Sure, I don't know or care for some of the songs on the game, but I don't know any Rock Band/Guitar Hero gameplayer will ever be happy with every single song. Going through the songs on Easy mode makes it virtually painless to get through to the songs you really want to work on!
The package came in by the expected delivery date fully intact and there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of its contents. I made out like a bandit! If you like this type of gaming, good luck in catching it at a rock-bottom price like I did!
Cons: Hand cramps and neck cramps especially on Hard and Expert, other technical issues, more songs and store items would be nice.
Just like the first "Guitar Hero: On Tour", this one has a good song list with much lighter songs (appropriate to the DS) than the original Guitar Hero games. Activision didn't skimp on this game and each decade has songs from some really well known bands. Organizing the songs into different decades is also far more satisfying than a random organization.
The gameplay is similar enough to the original Guitar Hero to work fairly well, especially on Easy or Medium difficulty. The guitar pick stylus to strum with mimics the feeling of playing guitar closely enough for the game to have that "make believe" appeal. This game also features a battle mode that works even better than the battle mode in Guitar Hero III. The features of the DS are really utilized in battle mode, and you'll find yourself signing leg warmers that pop up on screen and blowing frantically when your equipment catches on fire.
On easy or medium, I'd easily give this game at least four stars, but on the upper difficulty level, problems start to mount. Trying to play some of the songs on hard or expert can cause severe hand cramps for BOTH hands. Switching positions can alleviate this somewhat, but not enough. Neck cramps also occur. When playing a fast section, there is often the tendency to not strum in exactly the right place, screwing up you note streak. Sometimes, the guitar attachment will pop out of the DS forcing you to restart the entire system.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This only works with the old ds. Does not work with ds lite, 2ds, or 3ds (which according to the questions it is supposed to work with both 2 and 3ds but it doesnt). Read morePublished 4 months ago by Danielle
Had to get another ds cause it didnt fit a dsi. My friends son loves the gamePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Cool idea to put this game on a 3ds. Works as you can see in the pics and such, but gets old after awhile just like all guitar hero games.Published 6 months ago by Wadev3