Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on July 28, 2011
I can only review Warrior of Rock without pointing out what make it different from the others since I only got this one (although i do have the Rock Band games).

Warriors of Rock can be described as a good time. You have party mode which goes on & on. We also got Quick play which can be put into a set list, or infinite random songs which I love. The Quest mode is pretty cool & has elements of fantasy & science fiction. I really like the whole man becoming beast-like rock heroes (although I kind of wish that I could use my own characters in it, it's all cool since I can still use them in Quick play & Party mode).

Since I do not play Multi player, I'm not sure what to say about it but I'm pretty sure it's cool. I think you can play ALL the modes above in it.

Besides the Quest Mode in Guitar Hero, I'm on a Quest of my own. I have been spreading the word on requesting various Japanese artists to be on both Guitar Hero & Rock Band (Harmonix has shown a big interest in adding Japanese artists to Rock Band!). I know they are people out there that do not care for Japanese music or anything in a different langauges. But for the guys like me who grew up listening to Japanese music & buying & purchasing it from both American & Japan, it whould be a dream come true to play those songs. On Guitar Hero.com, you can find the "Request A Song" option by going to the Music option & searching for a song that can't be fund on the site which will pop up the "Request A Song" option on the top of the page. At Rock Band.com, look under Help at the bottom of the screen to find the "Request A Song" option or go to the Songs section and find it on the right side of the screen, you can also find it on Rock Band.com by searching for a song they can't be fund I think.

The more requests & the more people told, the better. I request once a week & sometimes more then that. Some of the artists I request are Gackt, L'Arc en Ciel, the Gazette, Girugamesh, Dir en grey, X Japan (their I.V is already featured for Rock Band 2 as a free download!), Mucc, High & Mighty Color & much more! As far as langauge barriars are concerned, I pay no mind to that since they are some Rock Band & Guitar Hero songs in other langauges anyway.

Thanks for reading & have a good one :)
on October 6, 2016
Literally only bought this to play through the entirety of 2112 and I was not disappointed. If you're a fan of the Guitar Hero series, you know what to expect with this game, although there are a few more "repeat" songs than I would have liked. Not worth losing a star because those songs were brought back because they are great songs, just would have been nice to see something we haven't seen before, ya know?
on May 21, 2016
This is a super fantastic great product at a great price. I'm very happy with it and glad I made the purchase. You will be too, so don't wait until they are all gone. Trust me, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't say that I did. I like it a lot.
on July 29, 2015
Guitar Hero is one of my weaknesses. I love it to death and I'm constantly playing it. I have GH2 and one of the only problems I've had with it is the limited selection of characters you can play with. This game fixes that problem seven fold although the warrior versions of the characters are super creepy. I'm not sure whether I like my old one or this one more...they're just different. You can decide for yourself.
on May 16, 2016
Good game for anyone. Good for single player or co-op or versus game-play. Quality of game material is good and the sound quality and music choice overall is good. Don't buy this expecting to be able to play a real guitar instrument or anything, this is for purely fun and for those who can color coordinate with their fingers and kind.
on February 3, 2013
This game isn't that different from the other GH games out there, except for its fantasy theme. There's a wide range of songs for most tastes. I especially love the metal songs in here -and there are over ten of them. The bad thing about it is that there is no online support for this game. There is no store, competitive play, or online leader boards. I don't know what that's all about, but Activision just blocked the online features one day. As long as you don't mind the fact that the game isn't playable online, there's a lot of fun to be had.
on August 5, 2013
This is a fun way to play along to some great songs if you never learned to play a real guitar. My fiance just recently got into guitar hero and rock band. We ended up buying all the games that were made. We are having a blast playing together.
on April 11, 2011
I've been playing Guitar Hero since III and have loved it. I loved the peripherals, loved the music selection, loved playing with friends. It was a cool franchise and a great idea. Then they came out with World Tour and things got even better. Being a bass player, I loved being able to specifically play the bass parts of songs, and it gave my fiance a chance to play since she never really liked the guitars.

And it was all good until Warriors of Rock. This game is great for the first couple hours, but then becomes tiresome. There is some great music selection in the early part of the story mode, but the stupidly inane story and only being able to play one song at a time kills it. Then, as the game drags on, you realize that these songs aren't getting fun. I love metal of all kinds, but I find it very tiresome to play metal on Guitar Hero for more than a few songs because it eventually just becomes noise as you focus on the notes. As the story goes on, it doesn't get any better. The final "boss fight" is just a series of more metal songs (which kind of makes sense for this boss fight).

Honestly, I don't know if it's just me, but if they had made a better set list, gotten rid of that stupid story, and brought back the features from GH5 that they removed for a more "metal" experience, this game would have rocked (literally and figuratively).
on December 7, 2011
First off, I'd like to recommend that you buy this game online! Almost every store I've been to, this game costs at least $40. And it's already been out for a year. Anyway, this game is a lot of fun for all the music rhythm games. I play it all the time and never get tired of it. There's something for almost everyone on the setlist. The Quest mode also takes a huge step in a right direction, though at times it can be cheesy. It's a shame that the GH series is on an indefinite hiatus, but if you wanna was your troubles away, or just take out your anger, nothing is better than playing along to any of the songs this game has to offer.
on November 17, 2014
Good news is that there are about 90 songs in this game from well known artists. The bad news is that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for new songs. There aren't too many "hits" in this version. If you are just looking for some new songs to play, it's a decent pick up just based on volume. There also a few new game modes but nothing to write home about.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.