- File Size: 2035 KB
- Print Length: 352 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: September 26, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0044R9DCG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #56,010 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$22.95|
Save $21.96 (96%)
Gulliver's Travels (with illustrations and maps) [illustrated] Kindle Edition
|Length: 352 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
GULLIVER'S TRAVELS is a very early novel, first published in 1726 – just seven years after ROBINSON CRUSOE, often cited as the first modern novel. It has no dialogue at all, since it’s in the form of a memoir narrated by Gulliver of his travels, and it can be rather tough sledding to read it. However, listening to it (I mostly listened to it, instead of reading it) makes it much easier to comprehend, especially when it is read/performed as well as this was, by David Hyde Pierce (from “Frasier”). I really enjoyed this classic, a lot more than if I had simply read it.
The illustrations did come through but were a little on the small side. Each image was roughly 3 x 3 or smaller. I wish they would have covered the entire screen. There were only a couple maps which weren't very detailed. All in all, I really liked the drawings and feel they added to the enjoyment of the story. I think it is worth the extra $1 to purchase this version.
My three-star rating refers to the illustrations in this Kindle version. The person or persons who published this title could very easily go back into the file and enlarge them. I think readers would love to see Milo Winter's work a little clearer.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Satire
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Humorous
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics