Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GumDrop Preemie Natural Scent Pacifier
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on December 3, 2012
My son is 9 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. He was constantly nursing to fulfill the need to suck. I tried every pacifier they had at local department stores. He gagged on them and refused to take any of them. I was literally his pacifier and extremely exhausted. I ordered this when he was about 4 weeks old. It arrived before the expected date which was a huge plus. 15 minutes after introducing this pacifier to him he was able to suck this pacifier and fell asleep. He took about a 2.5 hour nap which was much better than the short catnaps he usually did! Now that he's 9 weeks he has started sucking his hand more, but still takes this pacifier. I feel like this pacifier showed him that he is able to soothe himself. I highly recommend this preemie pacifier even for full term babies who have a major gag reflex!
on December 30, 2012
Im a gumdrop veteran. My first child introduced us to them. The hospital gave us one and from that point on that's all she would take. So with my third child, as with my second, nothing has changed. We needed a preemie paci because, yes she was a preemie and her mouth is too small to manage a regular gumdrop. Great product. Found item...paid for it...received it...happy customer.
on November 18, 2013
This is exactly what we needed. My daughter may be born a bit early, so I wanted to have the smallest pacifier possible. This is my first experience with a preemie pacifier and it seems just perfect. Of course there is still the matter if she will take it or not, that is up to her. The nipple is pretty narrow and short so I don't have to worry about her choking on it. I do wish the price wan't so much ($8) for one, but it is worth the price! There is a true difference between the newborn and the preemie size. I hope she likes it.
on October 30, 2007
My son was a preemie, and the NICU gave him the GumDrop preemie and full-term pacifier to use during his long hospitalization -- he absolutely loved it! Designed by a medical company, and made of hospital-grade silicone, the GumDrop is lightweight, very soft, and features a unibody construction, so there are no parts that can come loose. The shape of the pacifier allowed him (and all the other preemies in the NICU) to use it in the side-lying position, even with all his tubes (i.e. CPAP, nasal cannula, nasal gavage tube, etc.). You can put your finger in the open end, allowing you to easily control or hold the pacifier; it also allows you to feel how strong your baby's suck is. NNS (non-nutritive sucking) is very important for a baby's development, and our baby got to practice a lot of NNS with his GumDrop. It helped him to self-soothe himself as well when we couldn't be at his cribside.

Overall, I highly recommend this product. The price is great, although the S/H charges are high.
on September 10, 2013
My daughter was not given a pacifier in the hospital nursery because she was breastfed. After a few weeks, it was apparent that she really needed to suck! She was a little over 4 lbs and couldn't take a regular pacifier and these were the only ones we could find! While they were very pricey, it was totally worth it because it made my daughter very happy.
on September 29, 2008
(The following review is for the FULL-TERM size GumDrop pacifiers, but my daughter did use the PREEMIE one for about 1 week before she moved on to the FULL-TERM size.)
My daughter wanted to constantly use me as her pacifier and I tried every pacifier in the store but she wouldn't latch on to any of them for more than a few seconds. I read the reviews and decided to order a few of these so that maybe I could get a few hours of sleep instead of having her 'nurse' off me all night. They worked wonders! These are the only pacifiers she will use. They are lightweight, which is great b/c they're less likely to wake her up by falling out of her mouth once she's asleep. Plus they are very bendable so if she is asleep on her side they won't put too much pressure on her little face. Thanks Hawaii Medical!
on May 24, 2013
This was just what I needed. My full term baby choked on every other brand and refused bottles because she couldn't latch. This pacifier allows her to suck without choking. It even helped her figure out how to latch to a bottle.
on January 18, 2013
I had a really hard time finding a pacifier that my baby wouldn't gag on, so I am very happy to have found this one! It is really soft, and she can easlily latch on to it. She had been using me as a pacifier, now I can get a break!
on March 24, 2014
I've got this for my 27 weeker 900gr weighted preemie baby and he loved it. Enough small even for very little preemies. Go for it, highly reccomended!
on August 31, 2013
We got the preemie size because the 0+ was enormous and made my LO gag. She still won't touch it. I like that it is one piece and easy to sterilize. Might be good for other babes, just not mine. What the heck is natural scent anyways?