Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on August 19, 2015
People may disagree with me but to me this has to be one of the greatest anime ever. I wish it so how got revived and mabye re-plotted
on March 16, 2015
if you are a person who likes gangsters and the mob guns big creatures coming out of nowhere then you will definitely love this anime Gunegrave it was great I like the fact that it was a longer series I feel like I had a good understanding for what was going on in the story.
on December 7, 2015
It came it perfect condition! and it is a Anime that I know my brother will love. very happy with the price and the fast shipping! I would recommend this anime for anyone who loves dark anime like Hell-sing or Attack On Titan. do not ever buy this anime for kids! it is for older teens and adults. I'm very happy about it getting here in time for Christmas!
on January 31, 2012
This anime is pretty good, but it involves LOTS of character development around an organized crime ring. Don't expect too many wicked action scenes until you get further into the series... Although the opening packs a punch.

My main problem is that when I buy a BluRay, I expect it to be the highest quality possible. If so, why is this in 1080i??? Admittedly, it is a remaster of a standard definition series, but why skimp and interlace the picture when you've gone through the trouble of remastering it?
on July 31, 2005
This is one of the best animes I've seen in a while, and it's rare that I go to the trouble to write a review for anything. This seems to pull you in, and as just about if not all the other reviews have said this was done by the people that worked on trigun. Frankly I think I like it more than trigun, it's darker. The way they did the plot is a nice change too. It's defintally worth getting the complete box set. Some say it's boring but as I said it does end up pulling you in. I'm not sure why they called it boring but to each their own.

The premise as it were of this series is how a group of friends start out and where they end up and how they go about getting into the mafia and then rising in rank and what they do to get to the top. They also toss some love, romance, revenge and other stuff into the pot here and come out with a 5 star anime. If you liked trigun and hellsing you should enjoy this as well.
on October 15, 2016
Still to date the only Anime to ever make me cry. I loved the series. The art style seems to change after the first 5 episodes but i didnt mind. A great watch for anyone who loves classic action with some well crafted drama.
on November 2, 2010
This amine series is one that has stuck with me since the day that I watched the first episode. After watching that one episode I realized that this wasnt just another violent amine to throw to the wind. This amine has depth, character, and a very compelling story.
This is one of the few anime series that actually gets it right. You really attach yourself to these characters and invest in their time on the screen. The characters in this amine share a lot of depth and development that comes from someone passionate about their work. Of course without a story the characters are nothing. The story in this anime is great. I won't spoil the story but as an avid watcher I can say that this anime is a classic and will remain one of my favorites.
on July 14, 2017
Gungrave is great glad to have it on bluray. An awesomely dark story
on April 30, 2006
The first time I reviewed Gungrave it was for the series as a whole, not for the complete box set. I saw that a newer cheaper box set was coming out, so I waited. I bought this Fully Loaded Collector's set, and while it's not as fully loaded as I'd like it to be, it certainly is a better buy than the previous one.

The pros:

1. The DVD's come in slimline cases packed inside a very handsome box that holds all of them. The slimmer cases take up significantly less room on your DVD shelf than the other box set.

2. The option of 5.1 surround sound.

3. It's $45 cheaper than the other box set.

The cons:

1. While it is nice that the slimline cases make for more space on your DVD shelves, it would also have been nice to have more episodes per DVD. I sure wish companies that make American DVD's of anime would stop putting so few episodes on each disc (I'm talking to you ADV!), and pack more on there to save us money. I can't see how anyone really cares about cool front covers or how many different interactive menus can be used for each DVD.

2. No extras. Sure, you get character sketches and ads for other anime, whoop-dee-freakin'-do. What about interviews with the writers, artists, director, or voice actors? Companies like Geneon and ADV sure could take a lesson or three from the folks at Criterion who actually strive to make a DVD that gives you more bang for your buck.

Overall, the pro's outweigh the cons. If you really want to own this whole series and also save money and shelf space, I highly recommend you buy this set instead of the other one.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2012
First of all its one of the best animes out there for you more mature anime lovers. If you like that little kid animes this is not for you. The story and character development are a biggy for me and this anime doesnt fail to deliver. This anime is the "Godfather" of animes and highly suggest that you add this masterpiece to your collection