Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Gunsmoke: Season 9, Vol. 2
Format: DVD|Change

on November 22, 2013
I have been a follower of Gunsmoke since I was a youngster. I was glued to the screen every week to watch the show. Gunsmoke to me was and still is the American west. A time that most people have forgotten. This show brings in stories that are wholesome and have good value. Needless to say I am a collector and can't wait for season 10 to appear. It saddens my heart that all the shows stars are now gone. The directors as well. It was programs such as Gunsmoke, which allowed people to leave the hustle and bustle of the everyday world and be a family for a short period of time. We really need more shows like that but I think it is a lost art.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2015
Even though I didn't much like Burt Reynolds, I find I just can't get enough of watching the rest of the cast.

PS. Which season was it when, during the opening credits, the camera zooms into James Arness from the right-front as he draws his gun and his vest swings because of the speed of his actions? Also, which season was it when they began filming him riding on his horse? Does anyone know which season it was when Milburn Stone began trimming his eyebrows? I noticed this on an episode on the Western's Channel that didn't give any information about which season it was in. I think it was one of the later seasons, though.
on November 13, 2016
Here's the deal with Gunsmoke. If you like westerns, you'll love Gunsmoke. I love them all, but my most favorite ones were Season's 1 - 6. It's been so long since I've seen the 1st seasons of Gunsmoke, so it was like watching them for the very first time. I believe these were 30 min. But Matt Dillon was at his meanest. Some of the episodes were written by Sam Peckinpah, the director of the movie, "The Wild Bunch..!" My son loves this, so I buy him a Season each Christmas... So, it looks like I'm up to Season 9, and Christmas will be coming up again, so I'll be ordering more. And my 7 year old Granddaughter told me the other day (Nov. 11, 2016 Election Year), that we can all say, "Merry Christmas Again...!" So, Merry Christmas...!
on October 11, 2017
Christmas gift for my brother!! This Season has the funniest episode, "Comanches Is Soft" featuring Ken Curtis, aka Festus & Burt Reynolds, aka Quint/Quentin trying to be the boyfriend of a pretty hilarious & beautiful woman!!! Great product & customer service great as well! I can't wait until Christmas!! I bought both Season 9, Vol. 1 & 2. I also bought for me!!!
on February 6, 2018
If you are a fan of the Western genre, this is an absolute must. Great cast, and great guest stars along with fantastic storylines explains just why Gunsmoke lasted for 20 seasons! Originally cast for the role of US Marshall Matt Dillon, John Wayne thankfully turned it down letting us have the 6'7 James Arness of Minnesota fill the role of Matt Dillon, and now, I couldn't see anyone else play that role. Amanda Blake, Milburn Stone, Ken Curtis and Burt Reynolds do wonderfully in this timeless series-you have to see it!
on February 6, 2014
Although I'll miss Chester and suffered some from withdrawal as he was seen less and less, Gunsmoke it a great show. I didn't see it originally so I'm enjoying it now. Learning a lot about the old west. Lots of young stars. A keeper.
on September 1, 2013
Gunsmoke ANY season is awesome. A simpler time in regards to less complicated. Hard work was rewarded and crime was actually punished. The characters are real. The good ole Old West. The longest running series ever. Keeping an eye out for the next one available.
on October 7, 2013
I have the complete set so far and will keep buying them. Great quality disc, great series, great acting. I understand why some people are upset with the way they are distributed but when you rate them it should be on the disc itself and the quality.
on August 5, 2017
Arrived as expected. Great quality. Fun shows
on September 7, 2016
Love the Gunsmoke series. I go to my parent's house every Friday night now and we watch them from 8:00 to sometimes 2:00 in the morning. We all enjoy them so much.