|Item Weight||4.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches|
|Item model number||SVB 500|
|Batteries||1 9V batteries required.|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 gun safe
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Biometric Fingerprint Scanner and Activation button. Holds up to 120 individual Fingerprints
- Fast Activation drop down drawer, for quick access
- 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Precise fittings are virtually impossible to pry open with hand tools
- Mounts almost anywhere, in any direction
- Multiple Mounting Options, hardware included
- Backup override key included
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:00 Mins|
So far, I couldn't be happier with the SpeedVault. NOTE - unlike other reviewers have said, the biometric SpeedVault DOES include a method to disable the beep. Just hold the Learn button for 3 seconds until the green light flashes and you hear a couple of beeps!!!
Hope the video review is helpful.
I bought this gun safe because it solved my issue of having limited mounting options, while retaining the quick access through electronic entry. The other safes I found online of similar size with electronic entry could not be mounted (in the space I had) in a way that didn't block either their door or keypad, or they were simply too big for what I needed. Overall, I am very happy with this gun safe.
- Design and flexibility in mounting options. Why didn't someone think of this sooner?!
- Foolproof programmable electronic entry with a physical key backup
- Nice white internal floodlight
- You can turn the electronic keypad "beep" sound on/off
- When mounted using bigger hardware (that you supply), the safe feels rock solid
- The mechanical whining noise as the electronic latch locks/unlocks isn't quiet
- The white internal floodlight might be too bright for some people
- The "L" mounting bracket needs more screw hole options for securing it to wood stud walls
- Should come with longer wood screws for secure mounting
- Low battery warning only works if you touch a keypad button
The long version:
As previously mentioned in another review, the steel used in the safe is about 1/16 of an inch thick with a flat black textured finish, and is comprised of 3 main pieces (the "L" mounting bracket, the safe box which also houses the electronics (requires a 9 volt battery, not included) and locking mechanism, and the safe door). The locking mechanism, which can be opened using the programmable electronic keypad or one of the included physical keys, works very well and doesn't leave many spots where someone could quickly pry the door open.Read more ›
It would be a 5 star if it was a thicker case and added more security rather then feel it could be pried open relatively easy.( The security it provides is still better then just leaving open in my draw). I say easy, I Believe a large screw driver and a hammer I think could open in with in 3-4 mins.
I did purchase this Item form Amazon. I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon it shipped Wednesday morning and I received it that Friday. Very Satisfied with the entire process. (It also had free shipping)
It has now been just over a year since owning this product. It still works great and keeps my daughter and now Son away from my pistol while giving me the security close at hand that I desire. Around September 2013 the battery did die with no real warning. I had to then take the key and open the same to replace the battery.Read more ›
- Easy to install - from the box to mounted and fully operational in 25 minutes, including reading the manual.
- Easy to program and change settings - If you can hold a small button down for 2 seconds at a time, you can program codes easily and change the sound settings.
- Fairly quiet - I did not find it to be excessively loud, unlike some of the reviewers. I have never owned another safe of this type, so I can't compare to anything else. A slight mechanical whirring and then it drops open. If you catch it before it bottoms out, there is very little noise.
- Roomy - This will differ based on your gun, but I have enough room for my SR9c and an extra mag tucked in on the opposite side from my draw so I can keep 28 rounds ready to go.
Picky button pushing - The only thing that bothered me enough to take a star away is the pickiness of the code entering.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a really great addition to the bedroom. I don't have to worry about the kids getting to the gun yet I can get to it in a hurry. I should have bought this a long time ago.Published 11 hours ago by Kurt & Meghan
So far it's great. However if your bedside weapon is an FNX-45 Tactical it won't fit.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
I needed a safe by my bed to keep my gun out of reach from my kids but can be accessed quickly if needed. This safe fits my needs perfectly. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good quality, will provide room from medium to just under the large frame pistols
the one con is it is very noisy upon opening
there a number of different mounting... Read more
Instructions did not clearly show how to setup, had to look online and get updated version, otherwise happy with productPublished 5 days ago by Ed
The technology of finger print recognition is not there yet. I am not recommending this safePublished 7 days ago by Howie
Love this safe... Provides quick and easy access, but keeps little hands off my weapon!Published 7 days ago by Legalize Freedom