Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on March 15, 2015
LIghtweight and well packaged but became unusable after 3 months, poor build quality and certainly not built to last.I have had a Panasonic unit, but bought the Gurin as a travel product. For the first month of use, the system worked well enough, the only minor issue was the water capacity was limited. In the second month, the on-off switch started to become unreliable and after the third month, the unit would not turn off at all. Of course, the battery was totally drained and any attempt to recharge it confirmed the switch was permanently in the ON position.

It seem that power switch related issues have been a problem for many consumers of this unit. It works just about long enough for most consumers to have thrown the original packaging away and forgot where they put the warranty.

My slightly more expensive but vastly better built Panasonic flosser has continued to work flawlessly.

July 2015 - it took me a few months but noticed a customer service response, supplied my order # and was shipped a replacement immediately! So it seems if there are any issues with the product don't hesitate to call it out. They are very responsive, in my book hat greatly makes up for my prior experience.
on July 31, 2014
Though this is a neat flosser, especially the fact it's rechargeable, I have had a horrible experience with reliability. After my first one failed I contacted Gurin and they sent a replacement for free. That one failed and they sent another one for free. Well, now the third one has failed and I don't even want to try another one (total time is less than 18 months). The main problem I have experienced is the unit turns itself on all by itself...no joke! This has happened to two of them and the other one simply stopped working. Another note is this isn't from overuse, as we only use this when traveling. Panasonic makes a much more reliable model (EW-DJ10-A) that takes batteries. I use it with rechargeable batteries, and though that is less convenient than rechargeable, but it's more convenient than not working!!
on January 23, 2014
Compact, runs forever on one charge, easy to use once you get the hang of it. Previously, I had a Water Pik hogging my bathroom counter. I often skipped using it because it was such a pain...fill, drain, rinse, sop up the mess it made, clean all the little nooks and crannies on the thing so it didn't get gross. The Gurin is a breeze. Just fill the attached reservoir with water, use one of three settings (slow, fast, or pulse), take care to keep your lips buttoned when it's in your mouth, be sure to turn it off when you have to spit out water (or you'll have a mess), and when you're done you can slip the reservoir off and let it sit out to dry. Ta da. I only need to fill the reservoir once, maybe twice if I'm really wanting to take time. Bought it last spring, have used it almost every day since, and no problems with it at all.
on March 29, 2015
I purchased this irrigator in Oct 2013 and started using it around Feb-March 2014. It was fine for about 10 months and really cleaned the teeth, but then I started to notice that the battery charge lasted less time until just last week if did not charge at all and is completely dead. I don't know if these types of products are designed to last only a year, but that just seems too short which is why I gave it two stars. When it worked it was great but it had a terribly short life. I contacted Amazon to see if there is a way to return/replace it as defective.
on February 24, 2014
The Guarin product is exactly the same of the ToiletFree product. I've been owner of both, and both broke down around month 6. But with Toilet Free I had a full refund, while with Guarin this is not possible since the retuning policy is 1 month. Conclusion: when it works, it is a great device.

Update: The customer service contacted me and offered to ship replacement at no charge. Therefore, I increased my rate from 2 to 4 starts, because, as I said, the product is great, and the company stands by it (and that is what I appreciate the most).
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
When I travel, I do not want to bring my regular Water Flosser in my luggage. I used this on my last trip and it worked good. I do like my regular water flosser for day to day use, but this was fine for 7 days away from home.
on January 24, 2014
I'm having trouble getting used to the strong nature of the pulsing water. My dentist says I'll get used to it, but I have to convince myself to try again before that happens! Also,for me, the water needs to be warm in order to tolerate it at all. It IS promising, so I will try again. Water tends to pour from my mouth, too. So, perhaps the trick is to use it in the shower, too.
The instructions are easy to follow, though. Filling it with puridied water is tricky because the filling opening is small.
on September 2, 2013
Pros:
it works!
its easy to use and the battery seem to last very long on one charge.

Cons:
its not loud but my ears starts ringing after I use it
the flosser head is sort of loose and rattle when being used, I'm not sure if all flosser does this or maybe I just got a bad batch.
sometimes i need to refill before i finish cleaning my whole teeth (no big deal)

over all its a good product, especially for those who are too lazy to use regular wire flosser like me. good for sensitive gums.

on a side note, i gagged when i used the water flosser for the first time because i missed and sprayed the water directly to the back of my throat. just a word of caution for first time user because this thing do have a strong force
on August 17, 2013
I ordered the Gurin water flosser to use while travelling. At home I use a Waterpik Waterflosser, but it is too bulky for travel where bathroom space is especially limited (e.g. bathrooms with washstands). The Gurin is perfect. It fits comfortably in my size small hand yet it's water jet is as powerful as the Waterpik's without being either messier or more awkward to use. Thorough flossing requires 3 refills of the water reservoir; however, that's a minor inconvenience compared to the hassle of using dental floss with my bridges and implants.

Update: In April 2014 I tried to use the flosser on a cruise; however, the pump didn't work. When I got home, I emailed Gurin and received a warranty replacement within a week. They told me to throw the defective product away. Who could want better customer service? Thank you, Gurin!

Update October, 2014: Okay, so the replacement worked great for 3 weeks during two trips. The pump failed during my third pre-trip checkout in October. I downgraded this product to one star because that's what poor quality does for a great product. I will not go through another round with another Gurin replacement. Who wants to travel with a product that can't be trusted to function?!
on June 21, 2016
Lasted for longer than the diamond one!! Fingers crossed it makes it through the yr! I love it