Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
GustBuster Doorman 68" Umbrella (Black)
|Price:||$59.66 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% Nylon
- Wind-proof umbrella with patented technology allowing wind to pass through canopy while you remain dry
- Tested at the College of Aeronautics in Queens, New York to withstand winds in excess of 55 MPH; #1 choice of PGA, LPGA, and Champions Tour golfers and caddies
- Doorman model is similar to popular Classic, but offers larger diameter; 68-inch canopy designed for use by hotel valets and apartment building doormen
- Offers all the patented and proprietary features of other GustBuster umbrellas, with aged, burn-embossed hardwood J-handle
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
GustBuster umbrellas are certified to withstand winds in excess of 55 MPH.
The Doorman model is similar to the popular Classic, but offers a larger diameter. Its generous 68-inch canopy is specifically designed for use by hotel valets and apartment building doormen, and the Doorman can be found near the door of countless fine hotels and resorts. It offers all the patented and proprietary features of other GustBuster umbrellas, and is finished off with an aged, burn-embossed hardwood J-handle.
GustBuster umbrellas include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Top Customer Reviews
After throwing away my last umbrella (a beautiful but cheap over-sized rainbow-colored model) because of design failure or fatigue, I have to say this model is a great replacement. The size is perfect for any professional and it looks very sharp. See my pictures for design details.
"Now that's what I call an umbrella!"
"Where did you get that? I want one."
"You could fit a whole family under that thing."
and so on.
Anyone who owns a Gustbuster will hear similar comments, particularly if they get the huge one that I refer to as "a tent on a stick." When I first showed up at work with it closed up, leaning against my desk, colleagues would come buy, pick it up to admire it, and even open it saying things like, "Do you go parasailing with this thing?" and "Whaddaya say we go try base jumping off the top of the building with it?"
Besides being extremely comfortable in otherwise uncomfortable conditions for one, my wife and I walk hand in hand comfortably under it rather than knocking into each other as we huddle underneath something smaller or walk wide apart while using separate umbrellas.
I feel it's actually easier to carry than smaller umbrellas, partly because it is not excessively heavy even given its large size.
We bought another, smaller Gustbuster umbrella for my wife, and she not only likes it for herself but has given the same as gifts to a couple of close friends--and she's a real Japanese fashionista (while I am the typical American bear).
As for durability, I've had mine for well over a year now, used it heavily, and it's still just like new except for some scratches on the wooden handle.Read more ›
The only issue that I've noticed is that the velcro strips that keep it wrapped tightly when not being used wore out after about a year, but I bought new ones and got my wife to sew them on to replace the originals, it only cost a few bucks. Everything else about this umbrella is awesome.
This umbrella easily covers 3 people from the rain, and has been great on countless occasions.
Over 2 years later and it's still in the same condition as I got it, without any leaks or tears. I couldn't recommend this umbrella enough!
After one year at a festival being stuck under a short tree with my girlfriend and I crowded under her clear mushroom umbrella trying to stay dry in a rain torrent, I spent some time online and in stores shopping for an umbrella.
My umbrella needed to be able to comfortably fit two people under it, be black, have a strong shaft and handle, and have wind pockets so it doesn't blow me away. It's hard to find good quality, full sized umbrellas in stores anymore, but when I found this one on Amazon it was perfect.
• With a shaft that's either the hardest fiberglass I've ever felt, or a very solid aluminum, I've never felt like this umbrella will break or fold from wind or use.
• The crafted, curved wood handle has an authentic, sturdy feel to it and makes it easy to hold on to.
• After two years of regular use, I've yet to see any tearing in the fabric or fading.
• You can tell this umbrella was well designed in every detail from the wind pocket to the elastic to aid in closing, to the ease of opening it back up.
• 46" long, 68" wide: This umbrella is huge! I was looking for a two person umbrella, but this could fit four. I'm 5'7" and this umbrella comes up above my hip from top to bottom when I walk with it.
Overall, it's a huge, durable, amazingly built umbrella that's always my go to to stay 100% dry.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best umbrellas out there - handles wind (extreme wind) excellently and it's also very durable!! Worth every penny if you're a foot commuter like me.Published 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
It is one big mother and that is what I wanted.
It is a bit tall to walk with but when it rains two people fit under it and no way either one is getting even a drip.
So here goes, a whole year review.
First thing I want to say for those of you in a hurry, with your wet feet, or even jeans! Tired of the same thing again and again. Read more
I live on the pacific coast and we get a lot of wind here. I wanted a large umbrella that wouldn't carry me off like Mary Poppins when walking in the rain. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Coast Cruiser
Perfect umbrella for a tall man like myself and Florida weather. It is also quite the compliment gatherer, everyone is just amazed at it's size.Published 1 month ago by Steven Thorp
This thing is ridiculously light taking into account how huge this umbrella is. It really is a doorman type umbrella. You can even fit a family of 5 under this thing. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Francis, House of Bacon
A wonderfully sturdy & large umbrella. I walk a lot & it's fantastic.Published 1 month ago by Ryan Fifield