Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Color: Purple Passion|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,343 reviews
on October 24, 2013
I purchased this sight-unseen, due to rave reviews I'd noticed recently in several usually reliable places. If I had tried this in person before purchasing, I never would have bought it. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go through the hassle of returning it, or give it as an Xmas gift.

I find it unusable because it is surprisingly heavy and the tiny handle makes it quite difficult to carry and control. I can't begin to imagine dealing with it in a windy rainstorm. I've been using a series of ShedRain Umbrellas Windjammer Vented Auto Open Auto Close Folding Umbrellas, which are lighter and have an ergonomic handle, and it looks like I'll be sticking to them.
review image
on March 10, 2016
I have only used this umbrella about two dozen times in California, and in gentle rain it was fine. Today was the first real storm by California standards (we got just over a whole inch of rain, with a little wind), and the umbrella completely collapsed. It will no longer fold up at all, and the mechanism on the inside top of the umbrella has completely fallen apart. I paid more for this umbrella hoping it would be sturdy and would last. Total failure.

Worse, don't try relying on the "warranty." The website for the manufacturer doesn't even include a section describing a warranty, and no contact information to find out. Wanted to believe it was worth it to spend more for quality. Not worth it with these guys.
on December 28, 2016
I did a lot of research before purchasing this umbrella and thought it was the one to get. I bought this one and the larger version and they both have broke. on the 68": one of the rods that holds up the actual umbrella broke completely off. On the 43": several of the rods have pushed through the material and is starting to rip. I have contacted the company and they stated I need to pay $10 for each umbrella to have it shipped back. Also, I will have to pay the shipping cost to the facility. I am not going to invest any more money (potentially an extra $30-$40 dollars) into these umbrellas. I will simply try to fix them myself and avoid the unnecessary cost of shipping them. I am a huge fan of buying high quality products and do not mind to pay a little more for something that will last. This umbrella is simply a waste of money. I would not recommend this umbrella to a friend nor will I be buying anything from them in the future. Take the "lifetime warranty" for what it is worth.
on February 21, 2017
In the bay area, there are some minor storms. Wind and rain. I wasn't bothered because I had this umbrella. I walked outside and it was pouring. I opened my umbrella and see this. The umbrella now cannot function properly. It flaps like crazy, not as wind resistant as it was and some rain falls through the outer canopy and on my head.

The umbrella was great until it broke. I had so much hope that this would literally be the last umbrella I buy. I just bought another one prior to this event and now I want to return it because of this issue. This umbrella was never in a backpack/suitcase, never compressed between other items or by an item, was always opened and dried before putting away, and it was always hung. I am very disappointed because I could've gotten a similar umbrella that would last longer for much cheaper.
review image review image
on May 10, 2016
I bought this umbrella almost 5 months ago. It is now completely unusable.
I thought I was investing in "A good one" and paid more than I ever did for an umbrella, first of all the canopy was too small, but I figured I would pass it on to my daughter. Unfortunately I wont have the chance. About three weeks ago, for no apparent reason (I never once dropped it, I never did anything but use it walking my dog when it rains, and hanging it on my door at home), one of the ribs broke, the next time I used it there were two broken ribs, when I tried to close it it wouldn't close...
Today I looked up the "Lifetime warranty" and found out that was as useless as the umbrella was.) Shame on Amazon for continuing to sell it.
on March 21, 2017
This is my third one in four years, and I resent having to keep buying them. The umbrella really does as advertised, even in Super Storm Sandy. But my first one had to be replaced because the velcro came off and I could not close it. My last one had to be replaced because one of the metal supports broke. Awfully expensive for such shoddy workmanship.
on January 5, 2015
My first one lasted 5 years. I did have to keep replacing the little rivets that popped out with paper clips, but that worked pretty well. The next one had the same rivet problem. I had it about a year and now my nephew has it, so I'm not sure what shape it's in.

Then I bought a 3rd one last October. It lasted a little over a month. One of the internal bits of metal sheared off (the photo shows the broken one and a normal one). They want me to send it back with $10. In other words, it will cost $20 to get a $40 umbrella back, that I can then (a) spend time replacing rivets on and (b) might have more weak metal bits I can't fix. I think I'll just buy cheaper umbrellas from now on.
review image
on January 19, 2016
Very small umbrella. I am a small built person. In a light shower, my upper body got wet but thank goodness my face and hair was dry.
3/5/16 This is my additional review of the umbrella. Finally I had a chance to put the umbrella to test. It fails. It flips as I walk to the theatre in a stormy rainy evening. After the movie, I open the umbrella and notice it is shorter than before. I have to push it so the shaft extends to its full length. When I get home, I notice the shaft is bended. I straighten it by bending the other way out on top of my kitchen counter . Now the shaft extends to its full length when it is open. Weak shaft. Seems like it is made of aluminium.
on October 28, 2016
I purchased this umbrella after doing a little research, it appeared to get mostly good reviews and the cost was reasonable. I recently moved a windy environment and the umbrella I was using did not perform well.

Overall the umbrella does what it is suppose to do, it keeps the rain off and has yet to invert. That is about the extent of my positive remarks. The bag the umbrella came in seems mostly useless, I am not sure who or why anyone would use it but I suppose it could be useful for someone.

The reason I gave this umbrella 3 stars was for the quality of the product, I consider a 3 an average score or a C. That is about what this is, nothing more. The handle is showing considerable wear after only a few months of use. I carry the umbrella in an outside pocket in my backpack, it may brush against objects but the fact that the plastic is chipping off is rather unappealing. The two closure straps look to be poorly attacked, I half expect them to get torn off at any moment.

When I use the umbrella there is a plastic clicking as I walk, it appears that something inside the handle is bouncing. Not only is the sound irritating, it makes the product sound cheap and poorly designed. The umbrella does not appear to have a problem deploying but the fit and finish of the button on the handle is not that great either.

Overall I am satisfied with the product holding up to the weather demands, however I am not impressed with the quality. For an item I was hoping would last, I imagine that it will need to be replaced (whether from failure or just the lack of quality) by next season.
on July 11, 2014
If you're considering buying this umbrella for torrential rains, this is your umbrella . . .but if you need it to block the sun, this isn't it. I mean really . . .what were they thinking??? The black exterior, ABSORBS heat and the silver underside reflects light back on the unfortunate person holding the thing. If you look at a car's sun shade, you'll notice, the silver lining is facing the sun so as to reflect the light away from the car's interior.

Three stars for it's quality build and ability to stand up to whatever Mother Nature throws it's way (save heat/sun). But GustBuster makes less expensive rain umbrellas so paying extra for a task it fails miserably at, wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done so if it saves you a few bucks, I'm glad.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.