Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gustave Caillebotte: Urban Impressionist Hardcover – March 1, 1995
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
After 2 essays introducing Gustave Caillebotte (1848-1894)--"Odd Man In" by Kirk Varnedoe, & "Introduction" by Anne Distel--the Catalogue begins on p. 27. Each of the 9 chapters begins with an essay followed by color illus. & informative entries:
1. "The Birth of an Impressionist" by Anne Distel;
2. "Yerres" by Anne Distel;
3. "The Street" by Julia Sagraves;
4. "Paris Seen from a Window" by Rodolphe Rapetti;
5. "Interiors & Portraits" by Gloria Groom;
6. "Still Lifes" by Douglas Druick;
7. "Normandy" by Rodolphe Rapetti;
8. "Petit Gennevilliers & Argenteuil" by Anne Distel & Rodolphe Rapetti; and
9. "Floral Still Lifes" by Gloria Groom.
P. S. The size of the type seemed a bit smaller than other art exhibition catalogues; so, I decided to check it. I printed out a similar typeface, in several different sizes. It looks to me as though the print here is 8-point type. By comparison, my newspaper & another art book (Sargent: Portraits of Artists & Friends, 2015) are approx. 10-point type.