Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on December 26, 2014
I really like this bag. I always have a hard time purchasing luggage and bags online, as I like to see what they really look like, and how big they actually are. This bag is exactly what I was looking for - it's big, but portable. I predominately use this bag as a gym bag, and it fits my gym shoes, towel, full change of office clothes, toiletries, etc, very nicely. It also works great as a long-weekend bag. The aesthetic is handmade rustic Bohemian traveler / Steampunk, which I really like. It has little discolorations in the leather from the vegetable polish, which I think adds to the world-traveler style charm.

The long strap does not detach from the bag. I actually had to punch more holes in the long strap, as I found it to be too long for me. The extra holes were easy to add with a sharp nail and hammer.

As others have noted, the bag does have an "earthy" smell at first. After about a week the smell dissipated as the leather absorbed the polish, and now I barely notice it. Also I never noticed the bag making my gym towel or work clothes smell, even at first.

Overall this bag was exactly what I was looking for, and am very happy with it. I'll order from Gusti Leder again if I need another leather bag.
on March 3, 2015
The other reviews are correct about the smell. My fiance loves the bag! But we've been waiting for that smell to wear off for almost a full year now. You can still smell it faintly, but not as bad as when it first arrived. I hid it in the closet to surprise him with it a year ago, and he walked in the house saying, Ugh what is that smell!? Yeah, it's that strong. But it's a great looking bag.
on July 13, 2014
The shoulder-strap is not removable and the strap itself is very thin (overall, the leather is very thin and the zippers are hard to use). The hardware that is used to buckle the shoulder-strap is not high quality and would not "lock" to keep the strap connected. The end where the straps are bolted were cut uneven and frayed.
on December 3, 2014
Terribly disappointed. I cannot believe the high ratings this bag received. Its very flimsy, raw edges, weak fasteners, smells terrible. Really, it looks and feels like something you would get at a flea market. I am no brand snob, but this thing is just plain shoddy! I returned it immediately.
on January 18, 2018
Decent bag. The shape is a bit odd. I was able to fit quite a bit inside the bag.
on November 9, 2015
The bag has an extremely pungent odor. Emailed the company, but they did not respond. Looked up solutions on the internet. Febreeze worked somewhat, but I don't like to have the bag in the same room with me. Otherwise, construction of the bag is fine, and the zippers seem to be of acceptable quality.
on September 5, 2014
Nice bag, but I'm still waiting for the smell to fully dissipate. The odor is pretty pungent but overall I like the bag.
on October 27, 2014
The bag is great. It is a perfect size for a weekend bag. It does have a weird smell when you first open it but if you leave it out for a night the smell seems to go away. Otherwise I would purchase again as a gift.
on April 28, 2014
Thank you! This bag is excellent! It is rather big and beautiful.
The only thing that disappoints me is its long strap :( it is too thin and narrow and has no wide soft pad.
on November 20, 2014
I LOVE this bag! It did come with a strong leather smell, but there's no problem with that. I'll use for the first time next week. Will update this review if it doesn't turn out to be as nice as I thought.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question