Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gut Feeling : Gut Healing: Blending Specific Carbohydrate Diet, Whole Food Nutrition, & Holistic Lifestyle Paperback – April 29, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Shannon Eavenson’s son, Charlie, was fifteen when he was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. Having undergone gastrointestinal surgery herself, Eavenson was highly motivated to find a holistic alternative to the invasive medical treatments Charlie would otherwise face. This led her to develop the approach described in Gut Feeling : Gut Healing.
Eavenson earned a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology with a minor in psychology at the University of Texas, Austin. She went on to receive a master’s degree in physical therapy from the Texas Women’s University in Houston. She was then awarded a health coaching certification from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition.
Married for twenty-two years, Eavenson is the mother of three. She resides in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex. In addition to her work and ongoing holistic research, she writes educational and therapeutic songs to pass her knowledge on to others.
Top customer reviews
A great, informative read for anyone dealing with 'gut' issues!
When speaking with medical teams it was to my astonishment that many of them actually stood behind the research Shannon writes about. It may not be the solution but it is a solution that has worked for 60-70% of the people who utilized the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.
The best thing about this book is how personal it touches home and how honest she is about her families experience. Beyond the relatable content, you can tell she took the time, thought, and effort to put into cute and fun resources, like her music video! How cool was that!!!! I'm grateful there are people out there putting their time and energy into helping others where others may not be able to move past the fear and weight of it all.
She cuts through a lot expensive conversations, questions, confusion, and angst and says hey, why not try this in coordination with what doctors offer.
So wonderful! Will keep in the car with me to use all the tips and resources at my disposal.
• Shannon gives you the most current research on what causes the disease.
• She explains the importance of the SCD diet, and she includes links to more fully understand it.
• Shannon gives excellent suggestions for organization and what information to keep in a binder to have readily at hand if needed. She shares her complete system which is brilliant.
• She also discusses the necessity to be prepared with food in any situation, and she engages their community.
• She emphasizes the importance of “primary food” to give support to the sick child. This includes the importance of family and community, sleep, reducing stress, home cooking and more.
• She discusses how critical it is to enroll the sick child in both the decision process and the solutions since it is a life long condition.
• She emphasizes the importance of attitude.
• She includes a full list of resources as a place to dig further.
• And she includes recipes to help you get started.
My favorite part of her book is that the entire family adopted this new lifestyle to support their sick member.
This is a must-read guide to save hours of research with great ideas for immediate implementation. This book will be your manual for success.
All in all, a great book to start you on your journey. I will be buying a copy for my mother.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is a fantastic resource for all dealing with vexing and mysterious digestive issues.