Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 258 reviews
on January 26, 2012
This review is from a 40ish dad/husband who cooks for the family once a week (both as enjoyment and to give wife a break).

PROS:

1)The food from the recipes is "off the hook" and things that my son and I want to eat. I haven't made a single soup or salad but the meat, pasta dishes and sandwiches are awesome. Family favorites so far have been the cajun chicken alfredo (although the picture has the chicken sliced on top whereas the recipe has the chichen in the alfredo), the Tex Wasabi fish tacos (my favorite so far) and the goucho skirt steak with the four herb chimichrri (my 12 yo's fav). The shrimp dishes are uniformly excellent.

2) He gives some good tips for cooking, kitchen set up and staples that might be new news (e.g., not rinsing pasta)

3) Its not just a cookbook but a bit of history as well (Did you know Guy operated a pretzel cart as a teen?)

4) The size of the dishes are perfect for a 4 person meal.

Cons: 1) some of the recipes require stuff that you might not have on hand and might not use too frquently or a very small quantity of something that is not sold in such small amounts (usually the fresh herbs for example) but fortunately some of the items find their way into multiple recipes (tablespoons of white tequila for example - at least he didn't plug the Cabo Waba tequila of Red Rocker Sammy Hagar - who makes an appreance in the book).

2) Some of the ingredients are like "WTF is that?" (e.g., mirin) and some ingredients I couldn't find in my local Publix supermarket (e.g., tempura flour or a certain type of crushed dried chili or good fresh sushi grade Ahi). But thats the point of this cookbook for the non-chef, you learn some new ingredients and techniques (nothing requiring special kitchen equipment (e.g., vacuum packers, etc) and food sources.

3) The drink and the dessert section seems like an afterthought

4) If you dont have a well stocked pantry, spice rack, and fresh herb garden some of the recipes are going to be more expensive than tuna helper....but they are so worth it.

Treat yourself and your family with this great cookbook -there are enough diverse recipes to tempt your palate for months.
on October 3, 2015
This is a fun cookbook. So many recipes...it just reminds me of family! We always cooked on the weekends together and this book is the spirit of that. It brings me back to those days, where my nose just barely reached the BBQ handle but I always held the sauce bowl for dad. I highly recommend it to your collection. I liked it so much I bought it for my other sister-in-law for the holidays. She really doesn't cook and this will help her "ease" into the kitchen!
on November 15, 2011
I like this cookbook a lot. It's fun to read, lots of good stories, Guy's enthusiasm showing through on every page. It's the kind of cookbook where you look at every recipe and say "that sounds good, and I could make that". There's no mystery here, just straightforward ingredients combined in interesting ways to maximize the flavors.

So far I've made two recipes. The French Pig pizza is brie, leeks, apples and pancetta. Guy writes "come on now, I could put pancetta, brie, leeks and apples on a flip-flop and you would love it". He's right, it was really good, and easy, and a nice table starter for a party. The Summer Grilled Pork which is four pork chops, pounded to 1/4", laid out across 10 strips of bacon, swathed with cream cheese and peppers, then rolled into a tin foil log and grilled both in the tin foil and over direct heat to crisp the bacon, then sliced cross-wise into medallions. Very smart technical, very delicious flavors, nice visual appearance too.

There's many more great recipes I'm looking forward to trying. This is a "go-to" cookbook, when you need to quickly identify something great you can make quickly without too much fuss or hassle.
on January 20, 2013
This cookbook is the best cookbook I have ever owned and used. I love the way Guy's personality and passion permeates the book. The side stories and tidbits told in only a way that Guy can tell them only adds to the experience. This is the only cookbook that I have read from cover to cover and felt like I had been on a food vacation. I love to cook and I love to cook this kind of food. If you love experiences and experiences shared with food, friends, and family; this is the cookbook for you. I liked it so much that I also purchased the hard back version. This is definitely going to be my go to cookbook for the foreseeable future. Very well done. True to Guy's style -- Over The Top.
on May 23, 2015
Not only a great cookbook but also a great background read on the life & times of Guy (Guido) his family (not all related by blood) but family none the same. I didn't realize how interesting he is until this book all I knew about him was that he was that spiky haired guy in the Camaro on Diners & Dives or the game show host from Minute to Win It. LMAO
This is one impulse buy that I can truly say came out much better than I expected.
on March 22, 2017
This book changed my life. Before I had it, I wasn't cookin' it, livin' it, or lovin' it. But now that I do have it, you could say I'm a changed man. Guy Fieri really speaks to you in this book, with compelling recipes that leave you always coming back for more.
on May 16, 2013
I would purchase this book again if for nothing other than the Hot Wings recipe. Delicious! My husband has already made several of the recipes out of this book and they have all been amazing. I love that there is so much personal information about Guy's journey also included in this book. It is interesting to read about his life also and gives you insight into him as a person. This is a great book to own the hardback of for your kitchen cookbook collection. Also makes a great gift for anyone who enjoys watching Guy's television shows.
on January 26, 2017
My new favorite! Guy is an amazing chef, and these recipes are proof of his commitment to flavor and quality. My favorite is his cajun chicken alfredo. It's nuts! Not a light meal by any means, but what an amazing dish! Highly recommend!
on November 5, 2016
Wonderful cookbook and full of great stories from his childhood to now. I enjoy cookbooks with stories and pictures. This book has many tales of places I've visited in California through the years. There are many very good recipes and ideas, too!
on June 29, 2011
I have several of the Guy Fieri cookbooks and love them all. He has a way of spicing things up just right. My only problem has been the same one all along with any cookbook, cooking for just two. I try them on my husband and if he falls in love with the recipe, I invite people over to taste my creations.

I'd luv to meet Guy in person sometime to thank him for his recipes and insight.