|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||7.17 x 4.65 x 0.98 inches|
|Package Weight||0.05 Kilograms|
|Color||Aggregate Grey Pro-Max|
GymPaws Real Leather Hand Pad Workout Glove Alternative | Hygienic n' Washable | Slightly Padded Palm w 4 Finger Loop SweatProof Back | Mens | Womens
Enhance your purchase
|Color||Aggregate Grey Pro-Max|
|Closure Type||Pull On|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ergonomic Compact Design fits Comfortably in the Palm of your hands. Hand protection where you need it, not where you don't. 4 Finger loops assures your grip pads stay in place.
- We produce our own V02Max Hybrid Neoprene Blend Fabric. It is Moisture Resistant and Machine Washable and Dry able.
- Exclusive four finger loop design keeps grip pads in place without bunching or pinching. Ideal for sweaty hands, home workouts, pullups, weightlifting, kettlebells, bodyweight exercises.
- Only Genuine Cowhide Leather is used for all our Gym Gloves. It is the most time tested and durable fitness gear / wearables material. It also will not "stick" to the surface you are gripping, allowing for Proper Grip, Form, and Natural Hand Rotation.
GymPaws Original 4 Finger Loop Leather Workout Glove- Leather Is Better
Everyday, thousands of gymrats worldwide slip on a pair of GymPaws Original Leather Workout Glove to power through their weightlifting and workout routines. For men and women, weekend warriors to well trained athletes including:
- Professional and Amateur Athletes
- Men and Women of the U.S. Military Services
- Coaches and Certified Personal Trainers
- Weightlifting, Crossfit, and Bodybuilding enthusiasts
Precision Crafted With Genuine High Quality Materials - GymPaws Enhance Your Workout
GymPaws are the gym glove alternative for so many, because they are designed by a team of Certified Personal Trainers, Exercise Physiologists, and Fitness Professionals. We design products for PERFORMANCE over profit.
- Ergonomically designed to fit compactly in the palm of your hands right where you need protection from the friction caused by weight lifting and working out.
- Precision-crafted with top-grain Genuine Cowhide Leather, the most durable material for the toughest workouts.
- The special Napa vegetable oil tanning process used to treat our leathers, makes them soft and supple, and machine washable and dryer safe!
- Slight padding on the palm is just enough to ease hand fatigue, without feeling bulky or inhibiting natural hand or grip movement.
- 4 Finger Loops keep these grips in place so they fit like a glove! Fabric or rubbery grips bunch up or fall off your hands completely.
- Military-grade hydrophobic (water resistant) Neoprene wicks away sweat. enhancing your grip and increasing confidence with heavier weights.
- Double and triple stitching is used to reinforce key pressure points to ensure your grips won't give out before you do!
Because GymPaws are genuine leather, they will break in the more you use them, just like your favorite pair of gym shoes. Before you know it you'll have a custom fit pair of workout gloves that will feel as if they were made just for you!
Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The gym paws eliminated this problem. However, they work so well, they are causing me another (hopefully temporary) problem. The lack of friction in the grip and the added padding (increasing the diameter of the grip) has me supporting the entire force of the kettlebell from my hooked fingers...as it should. Unfortunately, my grip is not yet sufficiently strong to hold a heavy bell (28kg) for 10 sets of 10 forceful swings with only a hook grip.
The other issue I have is something I've seen mentioned in other reviews. The finger loops for three of the four fingers (all but the index finger) are VERY snug. I don't have particularly large hands, and I need to work to get these on and off of my hands. After a couple weeks, they do seem to be stretching out a little bit, but the sizing needs work as I'd think this would impact the durability of the product...causing the seams to give over time.
Overall, glad I bought them. Just wanted to give fair warning to others that might be in a similar situation to me.
Please note; I was not initially thrilled w/ my decision after my first use. The first time on the bar, I struggled to maintain a solid grip while doing chin-to-bar. Looking back, this was two fold. 1) The leather was very new and quite smooth initially, so it struggled to maintain a solid grip. 2) Beware of chalk-hounds - Do yourself a favor and do a quick wipedown of the bar to dust off all of the exess chalk that the last person left on the bar.
I did two other things in an attempt to "sticky" them up. 1) I washed the ProGrips with dish detergent, did a quick rinse and let them air dry. 2) I took very fine grit sand paper and VERY LIGHTLY roughed up the surface. I'm not sure if either of those two worked any miracles, or if simply over the last few months of use, they just got better (stickier); BUT I did G.I. Jane last night (100 burpee pull ups for time). Every time I bounced up from a burpee and my hands hit that bar, they did not move. Each time I went down into a burpee, the ProGrips did not shift (I did not have to re-adjusting them on my hands once during the entire WOD). It was great, considering two people ripped their hands and I'm struggling w/ a crack in one of my callus's. The entire time, the crack did not bother me.
All in all, I am very happy w/ ProGrips. With improvement I think they will only get better. Right now, they are absolutely doing what I need them to do; saving my hands. They are very good and half a dozen people wished they had some last night and asked where to get theirs.
Top reviews from other countries
However what makes them so good for the chinup bar makes them less effective for kettle bells (well, heavy ones any way). I am sure that for 16KG or 20KG they might be ok, but when you get to 24KG, the weight of the kettle bell and the thickness of the handle, highlight the thinnes of the glove and it starts to crease a bit, even with a very relaxed grip where you let the handle almost rotate freely in your hand, on returning from jerk or a snatch, the creasing causes a little snagging, much the sanme as you get with regular weight lifting gloves.
Its not a major issue just a minor annoyance. Its only a small snag, but it means the motion of your return swing feels slight impeded. Still if you can put up with that, watch your calluses disappear!
Would I use it all the time? Not a chance.
I come from the school of thought that gloves can reduce grip, making lifting heavy heard and can disconnect you from the bar. At the moment I occasionally use goat tape (which takes a while to apply), but now will use gympaws for differing lifts. Today, I used it today on a number of lifts and felt it was useful to protect my hands, but I would not have used it on my heaviest deadlifts for example.
For the price, these are a good gym glove alternative.
The are 2 reason I didnt give 5 stars : 1) my hands are quite big and those gloves sometimes feel slightly too small, not a manufacturer's fault per se but perhaps they can be manufactures in more than 1 size. But my main problem with them is that when my hands get a bit sweaty, and that happens quickly in the gym, my pinky finger slides out of its grip when i'm on the pull up bar...It doesn't stop me from completing an exercise as other fingers remain firmly gripped but creates somewhat of a discomfort.