Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gymnema Sylvestre Gold (Organic), 500 mg, 90 veg. capsules
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 17, 2012
I was really skeptical of this product as I really don't believe that any time of appetite suppressant/diet pill works. But I have a major sweet tooth so I thought I would give it a try.

I do think, like with any of these supplements, the #1 key is will power. Nothing will work if you don't use a little will power but the Gymnema Gold helps keep that will power.

Is it a magic pill and I'm losing 10 lbs a week, no? But it is actually squelching my INSANE addiction to sugar? YES!

I cannot begin to explain how addicted to sugar I am. I am generally a very healthy person. I eat well (besides sugar). I work out 5-6 days a week (spin/run/crossfit) but I couldn't get my weight down to wear I wanted to be, all because I couldn't stop eating sugar.

I tried these pills and they really work. I don't crave sugar in the evening like I used to. I made cupcakes with my kids and I didn't even want to lick the frosting off my finger.

Did I use will power in these situations? Absolutely! But before this, I didn't have the ability to use my will power because the addiction was so strong!

Oh, I should add. THe directions say to take 1 a day. I've been taking one in the morning with my vitamins and another one at dinner time because my sugar cravings come in the evenings.

I'm really happy with this product and will continue to use it.
on July 2, 2011
I have been using gymnema to help control my blood sugar for about 2 years as I'm a Type 2 diabetic. By changing the way I eat to a "Traditional Diet" and taking Gymnema I have been able to reduce my diabetic prescriptions from 3 different medicines to only one. My HgbA1c have decreased from 8 to 6.2! I had been using Gymnema by Mediherb but when I needed to order more, I was having trouble finding it. Since I had run out and was getting higher readings, I decided to try a different brand but it seemed to have no effect with the blood sugar. So I tried another brand and it didn't work either. I then found Nutrigold Gymnena Gold and I have been very happy with this product. My blood sugar readings are better than with the Mediherb brand. I have been using the Nutrigold Gymnena for about 6 months and have been very happy with the results, my last HgbA1c was 5.8! I also like this product because it doesn't have any artificial ingredients, preservatives or fillers. There are no extra additives either such as soy or stearates. Fast shipping and very reasonable shipping cost!
33 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2013
I was on diabetic meds for 2 years, after having an A1C of 9.8 at an annual physical. Last fall, after having made some positive lifestyle changes during the past 2 years, my A1C was 6.0, which my doctor said was now in the normal range. My doctor unexpectedly left the clinic later that fall, & I didn't know how to obtain refills, so I just stopped the med. In March of this year, my new doctor ordered labwork & my A1C was 6.4 (I have been off the med for about 4 months), & so he said I could remain off the med. I am glad to be off the prescription med (it had caused SEVERE constipation, bloating, gas, & feeling very tired), but I wanted to do whatever I could to support healthy blood glucose levels, so I did some research & ordered this product. Because most supplements say to take with food (the label on this product just said to take it 2-3 times a day), for the first couple of weeks on this product, I took it DURING a meal. I would often become a bit nauseous after the meal &, on several days, I had several-hour periods when I experienced multiple incidents of minor cramping & urgent elimination. Then I read some reviews on WebMD & people mentioned taking it BEFORE a meal (anywhere from an hour to a few minutes before eating). As soon as I started taking it BEFORE a meal, the nausea & bouts of urgent elimination stopped. After a week or so of taking it before a meal, I've noticed several changes - I don't seem to have cravings for sweets any longer & have actually begun to experience true HUNGER instead! Also, while I still eat some sweets, I realized it was out of habit or boredom, not a craving, & that the sweet doesn't seem to taste that good. I've also noticed that, sometimes at my habitual snacking times or when I was bored, I'd think about getting something to eat, but then realize I wasn't hungry & so chose not to eat anything. I haven't seen much difference in my fasting blood glucose level in the morning yet (it runs 140-160), but my post-meal or post-exercise readings are much lower, in the 100-130 range. I'm continuing to make lifestyle changes, plus experiencing the changes I've just described, so I'm hopeful that my fasting blood glucose readings will improve as well. I am now elminating regularly & normally, no longer experience the bloating or gas, & seem to be less tired & have more energy, so, all-in-all, I feel that this product is making a positive difference in my life. I'd recommend that the company who manufactures this product change the label to instruct users to take the product BEFORE a meal or snack.
on October 12, 2011
I use Gymnema Sylvestra during the precontest phase while preparing for natural bodybuilding contests.It helps control the desire for sweets. Gymnema gold also seems to control blood sugar. This accompanied with a low carb diet and proper training program will help you attain a lean physique.
You must take this product with food especially the first time or you will become nauseous. This should be marked on the label.
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2012
I have to say that I didn't have any high expectations for this product because usually the stuff (i.e. supplements) that works for most people don't always work for me. Especially when it comes to what feels like my unrelenting sugar craving... I eat 75 to 80% healthy most days, but the thing that sabotages my healthy eating is my afternoon sweet cravings that just holds me hostage until I satisfy it with something chocolatey and sweet. I mean it consumes me and is literally like an obsession that my will power is no match for. I didn't think anything short of the prescription drug Adipex could really help me overcome this chronic sweet craving addiction, but I am so glad that I tried this product because it has definitely proved me wrong. I have only been using it since Saturday (10/13/12) and today as I write this review, I have not stuffed a chocolate bar, nor chocolate chip cookies (or any of its cousins) down my mouth!!! I can't believe it! You have to know this is usually a daily fix for me so to go 3 whole days without it and not miss it, I am just ecstatic!!! Today, I was so afraid to go in the store to buy all those snacks and chocolately Halloween treats that my folks need for their events because just seeing candy, cookies, and stuff like that just makes my tongue salivate to the point where it feels like I can hear the candy calling my name and I just have to open the bags and eat some. Because of these pills, unbelievably, the candy didn't even phase me. It's been with me all day untouched, safe and sound. I mean I have not touched one of the 3 massive bags of chocolate candy and this truly is a miracle for me! I am so proud of the fact that I don't have to give them money to replace the candy I usually would've ravaged by now neither do i have to go out and buy more treats because my sweet cravings got the best of me. The bottle says take one pill a day, but I must admit I take one with lunch at 11:30 or 12 then I take another one with my 3:00 meal. I wish I could give these pills 10 stars because for the reasonable price and great effect they have on controlling my sweet tooth, the company that makes this supplement is da bomb in my book! The pills do make my throat a bit dry so I have to make sure I drink plenty of water, but this is a minuscule problem to have compared to being a slave to the candy man. I just hope that the effect continues and not wear off over the coming days or weeks. To be on the safe side, I will do 3 to 4 weeks on and then 1 to 2 weeks off. At any rate, so far they are superfantastic!
on July 2, 2011
great stuff! something about it takes away the craving for sugar. haven't eaten a piece of candy since february and i loved loved loved milky way dark chocolate!!!
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2011
I have always been addicted to sugar. I love ice cream, pastries, soda, etc. Sweets are the sabotage to my weight loss goals. I started taking Gymnema Gold Sugar Destroyer because I wanted to take control of my sugar cravings. Once I started taking the Gymnema Gold, I noticed that even when I had the biggest sugar cravings, once I placed the sweet treat in my mouth, I couldn't taste the sweetness, so I found myself not being able to enjoy sweets and I no longer craved any sweets. This is a great product and I will continue to use this product until I get to my goal weight!
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
I ordered this product just about a month ago. Like others have stated in their reviews of this product, Gymnema Gold not only lowers my blood sugar, it also minimizes the sugar craving tremendously. I don't snack in between meals like I use to do anymore. I give it 4 stars because I would like to come back in 3 months to reevaluate the product's long term effect.
on January 11, 2012
I'm diabetic and have maxed out on commonly prescribed medications. Anything remotely resembling carbs in the area would jack up my glucose #'s. One capsule daily with food has dropped my #'s down consistently. Thanks!
on July 20, 2012
I love this product. I am such sugar addict and I live on carbs ,so I was very curious how this product will work. I absolutely love it! I felt the sugar block the very first day I took it. I take it early in the morning and don't have any cravings AT ALL !! , by the end of the day my sugar cravings were coming back , so I started to take gymnema gold little later (10 am) to make it last until my bed time.It definitely stopped my carb and sugar cravings. I swear by it and highly recommend it.I noticed that even if I will forget to take it I still don't feel any sugar cravings.