- Series: A.E. Samaan - History of Eugenics
- Paperback: 346 pages
- Publisher: A.E. Samaan; A.R.C. (First Edition) edition (May 22, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0996416307
- ISBN-13: 978-0996416306
- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 0.8 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,904,726 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
H.H. Laughlin: American Scientist. American Progressive. Nazi Collaborator. (A.E. Samaan - History of Eugenics) (Volume 2) Paperback – May 22, 2015
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Only did I receive the book to get the first impression that this is merely an amateur's work.
To start with, it is self published, meaning it didn't have to go through the value-check from any established publishing house. It's print-what-author-likes type of book and it showed in every way.
1) the quality of the print is bad, with un-conventional word spacing that fills to the edge of the page, which renders a very un-professional binding.
2) Apparently the index page in the end only listed names selected by the author deemed ink-worthy. I can't even find an entry for all the pages that consists of the central figure of the whole event - "Eugen Fischer"(More surprise on Fischer below).
3) It does not have a Bibliography in the end. Neither should you be expecting anything written in the correct citation format.
4)The deal breaker come when I flip open the table of content of the Volume One, there... in big bright shiny letters it says "Eugene Fischer".
Then I went to the specific chapter, it inconsistently uses the spelling "Eugene" over "Eugen". That does it!
The author made it very clear that this book is very important (to himself more than others apparently) and that this book in quotes: "takes 10 -15" years to write (which one 10 or 15? that's like half a decade apart).
But obviously to me that this a fantasy of a masterpiece that only exist in the author's head, because it's un-readable due to it's lack of proper citation, let alone the spelling error on the name of the person that planted the seed of Nazism to Hitler's head.
In conclusion, as much as it hurts to hear, A.E. Samaan you are an amateur.
I'm sorry your "10-15 years" went to those pages that I'm going to return after a few minutes of flipping. I'd really like to read your book the spelling error annihilate it's credibility.
Instead I suggest you to spend only 1/4 of your money and time to read this true gem of a book:
Illiberal Reformers: Race, Eugenics, and American Economics in the Progressive Era
by Thomas C. Leonard