Harry H. Laughlin
was highly important for the Nazi crusade to breed a “master race.” This American positioned himself to have a significant effect on the world’s population. During his career Laughlin would:
- ~ Write the “Model Eugenical Law” that the Nazis used to draft portions of the Nuremberg decrees that led to The Holocaust.
- ~ Be appointed as “expert” witness for the U.S. Congress when the 1924 Immigration Restriction Act was passed. The 1924 Act would prevent many Jewish refugees from reaching the safety of U.S. shores during The Holocaust.
- ~ Provide the "scientific" basis for the 1927 Buck v. Bell Supreme Court case that made "eugenic sterilization" legal in the United States. This paved the way for 80,000 Americans to be sterilized against their will.
- ~ Defend Hitler's Nuremberg decrees as “scientifically” sound in order to dispel international criticism.
- ~ Create the political organization that ensured that the “science” of eugenics would survive the negative taint of The Holocaust. This organization would be instrumental in the Jim Crow era of legislative racism.
H.H. Laughlin was given an honorary degree from Heidelberg University by Hitler's government, specifically for these accomplishments. Yet, no one has ever written a book on Laughlin. Despite the very large amount of books about The Holocaust, Laughlin is largely unknown outside of academic circles.
The Carnegie Institution of Washington, D.C. gave this author permission to survey its internal correspondence leading up to The Holocaust and before the Institution retired Laughlin. These documents have not been seen for decades. They are the backbone of this book. The storyline intensifies as the Carnegie leadership comes to the horrible realization that one of its most recognized scientists was supporting Hitler’s regime. IMPORTANT NOTE:
This copy is an A.R.C.
(Advanced Readers' Copy). It is an edited preliminary to the hardcover version that will be published when all the books in the series are finished. This softcover version will only be different from the final as the research for the other books in the series dictate. The first book of the series is titled “From a ‘Race of Masters’ to a ‘Master Race’: 1948 to 1848”
. It can be found here on Amazon.com. That first book of the series is an A.R.C.
as well. All A.R.C.
versions will be retired upon the publishing of the hardcover versions.