Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AIRCARE H12-400HB 3-Speed Whole-House Console-Styl..." and save 54% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
AIRCARE H12-400HB 3-Speed Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Oak Burl
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Humidifies 3,700 square feet; 12 gallons of output per day
- Protects skin, plants, furniture, electronics from harmful, dry air
- Analog Controls and Digital readout that provide easy operation
- Exclusive comfort sensor humidistat; 4-speed fan
- Rolling casters; 2-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AIRCARE Alliance H12400HB Oak Burl Humidifier
The Alliance series is designed for large spaces. Its 5.4-gallon reservoir and long run time mean fewer refills. The Alliance features four fan speeds, an adjustable humidistat, auto shutoff, refill indicator, and check filter indicator.
Why use an evaporative humidifier?
- Protects your family from flu virus: Centers for Disease Control testing has shown that relative humidity levels of 43% or more reduces the ability for the flu virus to survive.*
- Reduces static electricity: eliminate annoying static shocks and protect your investment in your home electronics.
- Nurtures wellbeing: soothes a scratchy throat, dry skin and eyes, and alleviates allergy symptoms.
- Nourishes your furnishings: hydrate your fine wood and leather furnishings, reduce creaking wooden floors.
*Predictors of indoor absolute humidity and estimated effects on influenza virus survival in grade schools Koep et al. BMC Infectious Diseases 2013, v13 p1
Benefits of Humidification
The Sweet Spot
If some sour notes are coming from your piano or guitar, you might be missing something other than musical talent. Some instruments require humidity to retain their proper shape, strength and sound. Utilizing an AIRCARE humidifier and hygrometer, you can maintain the 40 to 60% humidity level recommended to keep the music playing.
Save Energy and Money
Dry air sheds heat easily driving up your heating bill. Releasing moisture into the air via an AIRCARE humidifier can help. By adding water molecules to the air, you help increase your home’s heat retention while allowing you to reduce the temp on your thermostat. Some Department of Energy studies show you can save around 3% on your energy bill for every 1-2 degrees you reduce your thermostat.*
* Energy Star Market & Industry Scoping Report Residential Humidifiers October 2012
For the Love of Dog
Hate suffering from dry skin? So do our four-legged friends. Dry indoor air can cause pet skin to become itchy and flakey, and while scratching may relieve their discomfort, it increases ours by sending hair and dander flying into the air. Show them some love by adding healthy, clean water vapor into the air with an AIRCARE humidifier while trapping airborne dust and dander in our humidifier wicks and filters
Console style whole house evaporative humidifier, contemporary style, full-size performance in a midsize humidifier. Midsize makes this humidifier popular, automatic humidistate maintains optimun humidity level, refill light, automatic shutoff, 12 gallons of output per day, humidifies 2500 sq ft. 3-speed fan ,5.0 gal water-holding capacity, easy-fill water bottle with refill hose, Bemis patented super wick, removebale power pack for easy cleaning, ez-roll casters, 24x131/2x22, 22.5lbs. Color-Oak Burl. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including benzene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Its big and its boxy, but this humidifier is designed to humidify an entire house--up to 2,500 square feet. Using an evaporative system and unheated, natural, evaporated water, this humidifier requires less energy than warm mist or steam units. You also wont have to deal with white dust, spray, or mist on furniture or floors. Other benefits of the evaporative system include: relief from symptoms of dry skin, itchy eyes, chapped lips, and scratchy throat; it prevents plants and furniture from becoming overly dry; and reduced static electricity protects computers and electronics. This humidifiers water bottle holds 5 gallons and disperses up to 12 gallons of water per day, refilling easily and neatly in the sink via an included hose. Cleaning the rest of the appliance is just as simple: the power unit lifts off the top of the humidifier for easy cleaning and servicing, while the evaporative wick, which filters out mineral deposits, also lifts out for replacing. Controls are hidden behind a panel on the top of the unit. Select a preferred humidity from the humidistat dial and this model will automatically turn itself on and off to maintain the chosen humidity level. In addition, the humidifiers fan offers three settings. This humidifier measures 24 by 13-1/2 by 22 inches, with casters on the bottom for easy rolling from room to room. Bemis covers this unit under a one-year limited warranty. --Cristina Vaamonde
Compare with similar items
Essick Air AIRCARE H12-300HB 4-Speed Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Light Oak, Black Trim
Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, White
Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
HumeXL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Large, Easy-to-Clean 5-Liter/1.3 Gallon Water Tank, Touch-Button Control Panel, High/Low Mist Settings, 2 Independent 360° Mist Nozzles, and Night Mode
Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier w/ Auto Digital Control Bypass Damper .5 Gallons/ hour
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Oak Burl||Light Oak/Black Trim||White||Grey||Silver||Grey|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And it turned out I was right. This is a fine unit with maybe a single nuance that is not that hard to deal with. As for refilling the tank often, what do you expect when the air in your place is super dry?. That's not a drawback of this unit. You need a larger unit! Fan noise? Not on this unit. I was in fact amazed at how quiet it is. Problems with the tank? Filling is not a problem. There is NO tank that you have to remove and fill that is absolutely convenient. Carrying water even a short ways is a pain in the butt. But it's part of the operation. Problems with the tank cap breaking? I can't see how this happens. I have another similar unit and the cap on that unit has lasted since I bought it about 8 years ago and is still fine!
The only hassle I had was determining the correct position to replace a filled tank of water into the unit. It is a little tricky because the tank must sit in a fairly precise way. But once you "get" it, no sweat.
I have no qualms about recommending this humidifier. The hose that attaches easily (and comes off just as easily) makes it very easy to fill the tank at your sink. The digital gauges are very useful in determining the right settings for where you place the humidifier. I am very pleased with this humidifier.
I had read numerous reviews and expected a cheap, unattractive unit but was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't so bad at all and in fact, looks just fine (see photos). With regard to concerns and issues others cite:
1. "Humidifier Doesn't Work": I set my humidifier at 60% and used my Nest as a guide. I found this setting to be the "sweet spot" as the Nest recorded a value of between 45%-50% constantly, just about where I want it (43% kills flu virus and above 50% might create mold). It might be that people rely on the humidity reading on the unit instead of testing other places in the house. The air will naturally be more humid directly around the humidifier but may be low in other areas. In other words, setting the level at 45% on the humidifier may provide little or no difference to the rest of the house.
2. "Does it Work Well?": Yep, with a vengeance! The Nest reading went from 34% to 48% in about 8 or 9 hours of use. It has remained there since. My normally "humid" basement is stuck at around 41% without treatment.
3. Refilling: I refilled it twice in 12 hours of use. Not a pain and the plastic tank fits under the tap in our kitchen sink. It is hard to judge the amount of water going into the tank but I simply shine a flashlight through the plastic and I can see the level. The box does say that it holds five gallons but the tank is two and a half so it could be that you could fill the entire base of the humidifier with water aside from the tank. I am not tempted to try this though.
4. Fan Noise: The unit has an industrial strength fan that does make some noise. However, I ran it at the lowest of four settings and it is less loud than my dish washer and barely noticeable unless you are listening for it. The second is equal to a microwave, the third a blow dryer and the fourth a wind tunnel. Lowest speed is fine.
5. Maintenance: I understand that I will have to clean out the humidifier on a regular basis but have no problem with that. You WILL need Humidifier Bacteriostatic Treatment so I would order some along with the unit as it will go fast. The amount needed, two and a half cap fulls, is stated on the plastic water tank but is not clearly stated on the sample bottle included.
Bottom line is that this company makes a whole line of these humidifiers and they seem to have gotten many of the bugs out. They will work well with a little patience and understanding.