Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AIRCARE H12-400HB 3-Speed Whole-House Console-Styl..." and save 49% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
AIRCARE H12-400HB 3-Speed Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Oak Burl
|Price:||$103.24 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Humidifies 3,700 square feet; 12 gallons of output per day
- Protects skin, plants, furniture, electronics from harmful, dry air
- Analog Controls and Digital readout that provide easy operation
- Exclusive comfort sensor humidistat; 4-speed fan
- Rolling casters; 2-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AIRCARE Console Evaporative Humidifier, H12400HB
This evaporative humidifier from AIRCARE is sure to complement any decor. It has an easy single bottle design. This humidifier works to add invisible moisture to your environment by moving dry air through a saturated wick filter.
Benefits of Humidication
Evaporative humidifiers are a great solution for adding much needed humidity to dry indoor air. By raising indoor relative humidity levels to 43% or above, 86% of airborne flu virus particles are rendered powerless. Maintaining proper humidity levels also helps treat allergy symptoms by soothing dryness, itchiness, and irritation in the nose, nasal passages, sinuses, mouth, throat, and eyes. Many people think pet hair is the cause of allergies, but in reality, the cause of allergens from pets is actually from their dander. Adding moisture to the air reduces pet dander and other airborne allergens. Properly humidified environments can decrease or eliminate static electricity, reducing the chance of damage to sensitive electronic equipment like laptops, desktop computers, tablets, TV’s, stereo systems, etc. Evaporative Humidification not only produces comfortable/healthy air, it is also an extremely effective way to save money on energy cost. Adding humidity to the air allows you to remain comfortable at lower thermostat settings. "The rule of thumb is that you can save about 3% on your heating bill for every degree that you set back your thermostat," says Bill Prindle, deputy director for the non-profit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. This means evaporative humidification could save you up to 10% on your energy bill.
- Up to 3,700 sq. ft. coverage.
- Up to 45 hours of runtime.
- 5.4 gallon tank capacity.
- Digital read-out
- 4 fan speeds
- Customizable humidity settings and auto shutoff.
- Refill and check filter indicator.
- Casters for easy mobility.
- Single bottle design
- Built in USA of domestic and imported parts.
- ETL approved
|Square Foot Coverage||Up to 4,000 sq. ft.||Up to 4,000 sq. ft.||Up to 3,600 sq. ft||Up to 3,700 sq. ft.||Up to 3,700 sq. ft.|
|Runtime||Up to 55 hours||Up to 55 hours||Up to 48 hours||Up to 45 hours||Up to 45 hours|
|Tank Capacity||5 gallons||5 gallons||5.7 gallons||5.4 gallons||5.4 gallons|
|Customizable Humidity Settings||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Refill & Check Filter Indicator||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Water Bottle Filling||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Console style whole house evaporative humidifier, contemporary style, full-size performance in a midsize humidifier. Midsize makes this humidifier popular, automatic humidistate maintains optimun humidity level, refill light, automatic shutoff, 12 gallons of output per day, humidifies 2500 sq ft. 3-speed fan ,5.0 gal water-holding capacity, easy-fill water bottle with refill hose, Bemis patented super wick, removebale power pack for easy cleaning, ez-roll casters, 24x131/2x22, 22.5lbs. Color-Oak Burl
Its big and its boxy, but this humidifier is designed to humidify an entire house--up to 2,500 square feet. Using an evaporative system and unheated, natural, evaporated water, this humidifier requires less energy than warm mist or steam units. You also wont have to deal with white dust, spray, or mist on furniture or floors. Other benefits of the evaporative system include: relief from symptoms of dry skin, itchy eyes, chapped lips, and scratchy throat; it prevents plants and furniture from becoming overly dry; and reduced static electricity protects computers and electronics. This humidifiers water bottle holds 5 gallons and disperses up to 12 gallons of water per day, refilling easily and neatly in the sink via an included hose. Cleaning the rest of the appliance is just as simple: the power unit lifts off the top of the humidifier for easy cleaning and servicing, while the evaporative wick, which filters out mineral deposits, also lifts out for replacing. Controls are hidden behind a panel on the top of the unit. Select a preferred humidity from the humidistat dial and this model will automatically turn itself on and off to maintain the chosen humidity level. In addition, the humidifiers fan offers three settings. This humidifier measures 24 by 13-1/2 by 22 inches, with casters on the bottom for easy rolling from room to room. Bemis covers this unit under a one-year limited warranty. --Cristina Vaamonde
Compare with similar items
AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Espresso
AIRCARE H12600 Digital Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Copper Night
AIRCARE EA1407 Digital Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Honey Oak
AIRCARE 4DTS 900 Digital Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier, Brushed Nickel-Black
AIRCARE 831000 Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier, White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Air & Water Inc||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Oak Burl||Espresso||Oak Burl||Honey Oak||Brushed Nickel||White|
|Item Dimensions||23.5 x 13.75 x 21.75 in||18 x 18 x 27.25 in||21.75 x 13.75 x 23.5 in||22.75 x 15 x 24.25 in||27 x 13.25 x 21.5 in||12.5 x 17.5 x 22.5 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And it turned out I was right. This is a fine unit with maybe a single nuance that is not that hard to deal with. As for refilling the tank often, what do you expect when the air in your place is super dry?. That's not a drawback of this unit. You need a larger unit! Fan noise? Not on this unit. I was in fact amazed at how quiet it is. Problems with the tank? Filling is not a problem. There is NO tank that you have to remove and fill that is absolutely convenient. Carrying water even a short ways is a pain in the butt. But it's part of the operation. Problems with the tank cap breaking? I can't see how this happens. I have another similar unit and the cap on that unit has lasted since I bought it about 8 years ago and is still fine!
The only hassle I had was determining the correct position to replace a filled tank of water into the unit. It is a little tricky because the tank must sit in a fairly precise way. But once you "get" it, no sweat.
I have no qualms about recommending this humidifier. The hose that attaches easily (and comes off just as easily) makes it very easy to fill the tank at your sink. The digital gauges are very useful in determining the right settings for where you place the humidifier. I am very pleased with this humidifier.
I had read numerous reviews and expected a cheap, unattractive unit but was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't so bad at all and in fact, looks just fine (see photos). With regard to concerns and issues others cite:
1. "Humidifier Doesn't Work": I set my humidifier at 60% and used my Nest as a guide. I found this setting to be the "sweet spot" as the Nest recorded a value of between 45%-50% constantly, just about where I want it (43% kills flu virus and above 50% might create mold). It might be that people rely on the humidity reading on the unit instead of testing other places in the house. The air will naturally be more humid directly around the humidifier but may be low in other areas. In other words, setting the level at 45% on the humidifier may provide little or no difference to the rest of the house.
2. "Does it Work Well?": Yep, with a vengeance! The Nest reading went from 34% to 48% in about 8 or 9 hours of use. It has remained there since. My normally "humid" basement is stuck at around 41% without treatment.
3. Refilling: I refilled it twice in 12 hours of use. Not a pain and the plastic tank fits under the tap in our kitchen sink. It is hard to judge the amount of water going into the tank but I simply shine a flashlight through the plastic and I can see the level. The box does say that it holds five gallons but the tank is two and a half so it could be that you could fill the entire base of the humidifier with water aside from the tank. I am not tempted to try this though.
4. Fan Noise: The unit has an industrial strength fan that does make some noise. However, I ran it at the lowest of four settings and it is less loud than my dish washer and barely noticeable unless you are listening for it. The second is equal to a microwave, the third a blow dryer and the fourth a wind tunnel. Lowest speed is fine.
5. Maintenance: I understand that I will have to clean out the humidifier on a regular basis but have no problem with that. You WILL need Humidifier Bacteriostatic Treatment so I would order some along with the unit as it will go fast. The amount needed, two and a half cap fulls, is stated on the plastic water tank but is not clearly stated on the sample bottle included.
Bottom line is that this company makes a whole line of these humidifiers and they seem to have gotten many of the bugs out. They will work well with a little patience and understanding.
What I don't like is that it does not stop running when empty**. I ran it for a full night, wondered why the air didn't feel very moist. The next day I turned it on again, ran it for about an hour, humidity level still did not rise. Lifted the bottle and it was empty. I understand there may have been some water in the bottom which I couldn't see, but then why was the humidity level remaining low??
**I just read, in an answered question, that the float may be installed wrong, or may have something from the packaging which is keeping it from moving as it should. This would keep the unit from detecting when it is out of water. Will check and revise review if that is the case.
Also, the hose does not fit any of our faucets. We have to put the bottle it in the bathtub to fill it, which is a messy, wet hassle.
I would recommend this unit, but plan on refilling it every night, whether it "turns on" or not. And be prepared for possible filling issues due to the tiny attachment on the end of the hose. **Just read in an answered question (I should have thought of this too) that if you fill the bottle, let it empty into the tank, then refill the bottle again, it will run longer. Will give that a try as well.
However, if you can find one which holds more water (will probably have 2 bottles to fill instead of one like this unit) I'd get that one. This one, if I run it all night, has to be filled every day. And those bottles do get heavy.
Most recent customer reviews
The most annoying thing about this item, is it doesn't seem to be machined with...Read more