Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HAKUBA USA INC PSTC200 TRIPOD CARRYING CASE
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on May 7, 2012
I'm using this for my Sunpak "Platinum Plus" 7500TM Tripod. It's a little too big for the tripod (about the size of a small trombone gig bag), but it does the job. Check out my video for details.
55 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2009
Bought this hoping that it would accommodate the safe transport of both a Manfrotto 680B Monopod with a 234 Manfrotto tilt head with quick disconnet and an o55probx tripod with a Vanguard 200 mid size ball head with quick disconnect. There is plenty of room for both pieces of gear and the zippered front pouch offers additional space for the storage/carry of spare plates, filters, whatever. There is a velcro protected interior pocket to provide storage for still other photographic accessories. My major concern was buying something that would not accommodate the transport of both the mono and the tripod. No problem here.

Now, the only thing I need to arrange for is the "protected carry" of both pieces so they are not banged around to the detriment of either while in transport. To date, have not yet located a "sleeve" that would encapsulate the monopod to cushion it from the other gear in the case. But, I will come up with something, even if I have to get a local seamstress to accommodate protection of the monopod by way of a stiched terricloth "sock" for the mono.

But the bag is for real and complements the Lowepro Slingshot bag I bought for transport of the camera, lens, filters & accessory gear.

Bottom line is that you can't beat this bag for the price. $80-$100 is rediculous for the price of a tripod or mono bag. This one provides significant, comfortable, spacious and protected carry for both tripod & monopod at half the price of what I saw available for buying "brand name" gear.

I am happy with the purchase......appreciate the delivery, which arrived ahead of schedule and the accurate depiction of the product on Amazon. I would not hesitate to recommend this product. I also would not hesitate to recommend Amazon as a primary source for the acquisition of photographic gear and mindful reference to Ace Photo Supply as the ultinmate provider of this piece of gear.
on January 14, 2010
I have the Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)and the Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head with RC2 Rapid Connect System (3157N)and this works better than the HAKUBA USA INC PSTC100 Tripod Casewhich I reviewed earlier. Plenty of room for both my tripod and the monopod that I plan to buy later. High quality and great storage.
on February 8, 2008
I own a Bogen 3011 and hand carried it throughout Tuscany. It is a very fine tripod, but certainly gets heavy when traveling. When getting my gear ready, I would find myself wondering if it was worth the hassle--not good. This case has changed that equation in favor of the 3011 now. It is well balanced on my shoulder and has ample padding to both prevent dings and avoid knocking people out in crowded areas. The side compartment is a nice touch and holds my filter folio and other small items. It arrived before the estimated ship date. Nice product--recommended.
on May 18, 2014
Based on all the positive reviews, I purchased a Hukuba PSTC200 case on August 15, 2013. While it lasted, it was great...just the right size for several compact light stands and 2 umbrellas and the materials seemed substantial and strong.

Unfortunately, the material is thin and weak where the shoulder strap is attached to the case and it ripped after only 9 months of light to average use. The case is rendered unusable. I suspect that the most of the people who have given this case positive reviews haven't used it very long.

When I first received the case, I thought it was an excellent value based on all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true as it lasted less than a year. I have a 20 year old Tamrac camera bag that I've used and abused around the world several times. The stitching is still great and there are no rips in the material. While it was stretching my meager budget at the time, it turned out to be an excellent value because it's lasted for so long. My Hakuba case...notsomuch.

Having to replace this Hakuba case after only 9 months of use makes it an very poor value and I do not recommend it.

UPDATE: I need to add that I purchased this case through Kellards. Their 30 day return policy is horrid, clunky and clearly designed to be as difficult as possible to discourage any returns or customer service. They provide no email address, only a phone number answered by an automated voice which resembles the ones in 1950's UFO invasion movies..."take, me, to, your, leader". No thanks. In my case, UFO = Unfortunately FUBAR Object

In contrast, B&H offers a limited LIFETIME warranty for the same case along with multiple ways to communicate with a real live person. In retrospect, that's where I should've made my purchase for good customer service. Lesson learned.
on September 27, 2012
I needed a tripod bag for my Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro, this bag is perfect for the tripod which I also bought from Amazon along with a Manfrotto ball head. This is my first tripod and bag, so I can't compare it to other bags. However; the price is reasonable and as I said the bag accommodates all my needs with plenty of room.
on September 15, 2012
When I first got this bag, I was so excited to use it. It has a good amount of padding on the inside and the bag itself feels durable.

I purchased this on 8/13 and my zipper liners already broke. I can no longer use the zippers and they fell off track. I may have gotten a defective one but I would expect a bag at this price wouldn't fall apart in just a month. I hope customer service is good about this.
on April 2, 2013
I got this to carry both my tripod (Manfrotto Pro 055XPROB Tripod 808RC4 HD Pan Tilt Head) and monopod (Manfrotto MM294A4 with DMKFoto Heavy Duty Ball Head) with the heads still attached. Works exactly as I had hoped. There is a smaller 27" version (PSTC 100) of this case, as well as two larger versions (37" PSTC 300 and 46" PSTC 400). The PSTC 200 33" version fits everything for me just perfectly.

The zippers and shoulder strap attachments are metal to give it extra strength. The velcro strap for the carry handle is solid, although it is only single-stitched, so we'll see how well it holds up. The shoulder strap that accompanies this bag is of decent quality, with metal spring clips and a rubber shoulder pad. The pad leaves a little to be desired, but you can easily get another strap or pad, or source one from a retired bag (as I have).

Inside the main compartment is a slim velcro-enclousre that I use to keep the quick release plates for my tripod and monopod. On the outside, there's a large zippered-pouch that measures 11" x 5.5" x 2". As you can imagine, this can hold quite a bit of stuff.

Overall, I'm very happy with choice.
on December 24, 2012
Hakuba makes a great case. Durable, padded, extra pockets on the outside and on some models on the inside too. Shoulder strap. Strong handles and zipper. They are tapered as if assuming tripods are larger at the head. This is usually true, but video tripods with floor spreaders attached can make the feet of a tripod much larger than a simple set of sticks.

One of the nicest features is that these cases come in four different sizes to fit a variety of equipment. This model 200 holds a 100mm bowl alumInum tripod sans head. I have another larger model that holds two brolly umbrellas, two extension cords, two large 85watt fluorescent bulbs, two light stands and two bulb socket adapters. A whole lightweight soft lighting kit in one case.
on January 26, 2013
Bought a new Manfrotto tripod (190 series), Manfrotto geared head, and Monfrotto micro-positioning slide. Needed a bag to carry it all. This bags is perfect. Sturdy paddeded bag. Can put the tripod in there, with the micro-positioning slide on, which is nice. When off,the slide fits in the side pocket. This is much better, than just putting it in the main compartment, where it could scratch the tripod. I considered the Manfrotto bag, but not only was that one crazy priced, it didn't have the pocket, which I wanted for the slide, when not doing marco work. Very happy with this bag.