Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on January 26, 2011
This is a decent edition of the SH 21-76 for anybody needing to keep up on their small unit operations skills. All the information of the regular handbook is in there but it is not well formatted for the kindle. You can not jump ahead to sections from the table of contents or jump chapters from my five way control key. The illustrations are clear but have lines through them breaking them up as if they were scanned in with a small scanner. Still a good handbook to have for $1.99. If the publisher fixes these problems I will come back and give it 5 stars.
on July 6, 2013
What I am is a 68 year old g'ma with two ten year old grandsons who want to go camping. So we are reading the book; so far we have practiced knife handling, laying out a fire and starting a fire. (I had them work with a magnifying glass as we live in AZ.) And they wanted to do it "the old fashion way with a rock and steel" so I guess a trip to a camping store is in my future as I see sandstone in the garden rather than flint. How to assemble a lean-to, knotting to splice a walking stick, if lost hunkering down rather than wandering around and starting a fire in a safe place, knotting string to make a bag or a carry all, and so on. Yes we will be going out with experienced friends but I wanted to do some prep work rather like teaching swimming in a pool before you go to a lake.
on July 23, 2014
As a former Army Ranger this is a must have. For those like me who don't practice this stuff every day any more, but still like to keep the knife sharp, this is a great reference. For the tacticool guys out there, this is also a great reference on doing things the right way.
on September 12, 2013
I wanna be an airborne ranger I wanna live a life of danger. AIRBORNE RANGER LIFE OF DANGER. Did everyone have to run five miles around there barracks each morning signing this garbage carrying a full 80 pound back pack. I know I did for 8 weeks. I know I did Then I got to go in a big metal bird and land in a strange county. Where people ran around with guns trying to kill me and use booby traps to maim and injure me. Sounds like loads of fun to me right?????

dray
on November 10, 2011
One does not have to be a "Survivalist Nut" to enjoy the information presented in this book, and that's my own take on it. True, I am a Veteran, so much of this is well familiar; but much of it was new to me also. Very handy for camping, hiking, hunting, and even project around the home.

Good stuff, and highly recommended.
on June 10, 2013
Love it it has not changed since I was on activity duty 25 Years ago. This book was looked at as the Infantry Bible.
on February 2, 2013
the u.s. army knows about survival and blending in you should read any army handbook you can get your hands on
on September 1, 2015
worth the price if you are interesting in this stuff