HCI Fitness PhysioStep Recumbent Elliptical with Swivel Seat
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Gives you an easy and effective low-impact total body cardio workout and combines a Stable and stress free recumbent sitting position, with the smooth and natural feeling of an elliptical
- Features a large, oversized comfortable swivel seat that adjusts easily and rotates 90 degrees making this unit the most accessible for people with low mobility
- The oversized large LCD display provides all your workout information in a clear and easy to read format
- The fully Adjustable arms, seat, and seat back accommodate a wide range of users
- Uses AC power to assist de-conditioned users and will automatically shut off after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Smooth elliptical motion with 12 -inch seated elliptical stride length
- Oversized easy-to-read LCD display
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The physio step MDX gives you an easy & effective low - impact total body cardio workout and combines a stable & stress free recumbent sitting position, with the smooth and natural feeling of an Elliptical. The innovative Elliptical stride is incredibly smooth and easy on your joints. The physio step MDX features a large, oversized comfortable swivel seat that adjusts easily and rotates 90 degrees making this unit the most accessible for people with low mobility. Other features include a low profile walk - through design and Ergo - grip handles to work your arm and core muscles. The fully adjustable arms, seat, and seat back accommodate a wide range of users. The physio step MDX needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet which will then power the display unit. This benefits the de-conditioned and users with special needs. The large 9 inch LCD display provides all your workout information in a clear and easy to read format. The physio step MDX is designed to benefit a wide range of users from the physically fit to the physically challenged. Built with high quality commercial components and available at an affordable price.
The PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Cross Trainer is the newest addition to the innovative PhysioStep family. The PhysioStep MDX gives you an easy and effective low-impact total body cardio workout and combines a stable and stress-free recumbent sitting position, with the smooth and natural feeling of an elliptical. The innovative elliptical stride is incredibly smooth and easy on your joints. The PhysioStep MDX features a large, oversized comfortable swivel seat that adjusts easily and rotates 90 degrees making this unit the most accessible for people with low mobility. Other features include a low profile walk-through design and ergonomic handles that work your arm and core muscles. The fully adjustable arms, seat, and seat back accommodate a wide range of users.
A high-resolution backlit blue LCD display features 8 data windows plus a brickyard display
- Smooth elliptical motion with 12-inch seated elliptical stride length
- Oversized, easy-to-read LCD Display
- Stable, stress-free recumbent sitting position
- Large 20-inch swiveling seat rotates 90 degrees for easy access on and off the unit
- High-resolution backlit blue LCD display features 8 data windows plus a brickyard display
- 12 programs; manual, rolling hills, peak, plateau, mountain climb, hill interval, strength interval, fat burn HRC, cardio HRC, custom 1, custom 2
- Display shows speed, time, distance, pulse, RPM, watts, calories, 16 workout levels
- Heart Rate: Built in receiver compatible with Polar and other manufacturers (chest strap not included)
- Commercial-grade quality
- Resistance System: Commercial
- Power: AC Power 110 volts
- Resistance Levels: 16
- True Recumbent Elliptical Stride: Yes
- Arm System: Multi-position ergo-grip handles, synchronized motion with the legs
- Seat Rail: Extruded aluminum with indexed adjustments; 15 positions
- Pedals: Oversized pedal platforms with sure-grip diamond plate texture and foot straps
- Compact Dimensions: 48 by 32 by 44 inches H (L x W x H)
- Unit Weight: 209 pounds
- Maximum User Weight: 350 pounds
Top customer reviews
After reading the user manual that came with the machine, I started to assemble it. It took me a couple of evenings to assemble it (I can’t remember how much time in hours). It was fairly easy to assemble and difficult to make mistakes. I guess I took longer than most people have taken but I’m kind of old and don’t move very fast anymore.
The main problem I had during assembly was the mounting of the computer / display unit. The user manual instructions were for a different configuration display unit. I found that 2 of the Phillips head display mounting screws were behind and close to the display mount frame – too close to the frame to tighten with the provided Phillips head screwdriver. I had to get one of my right angle Phillips screwdrivers and then I was able to tighten the 2 screws without too much problem. One of the holes had a burr in it that I had to knock out with a small hammer and punch before the screw would pass through the hole.
The next discrepancy was the rubber ‘hood’ over the display mount area; none of the holes in the ‘hood’ would line up with any holes in the mount itself. All the ‘hood’ holes were more than one inch too high. Considering how well all the other parts lined up, screw holes, etc., this was pretty surprising to have something this far out of alignment. Oh well, the ‘hood’ fits snugly over the parts it is supposed to cover and does not interfere with anything so it’s not a problem – just surprising considering how precision everything else seems to be.
Once I had the machine set up and plugged in (it has no battery), I started to read the operating instructions. I had a very difficult time just understanding the basics because the manual had so many errors that much of it didn’t make sense. I gave up until the next day when I went online and located an updated user manual and downloaded the pdf file. The updated manual was fine! The operating instructions section was quite easy to comprehend because it was quite well written, with no obvious errors. I wish I had thought of looking for an updated manual before I started this project.
Finally, my main purpose for obtaining this machine. When I started using it, after adjusting the seat position to fit me, I found that it is extremely quiet and smooth as silk when it’s in motion. It was a few days before I obtained a heartbeat transmitter system (belt around chest that transmits radio waves to the elliptical’s computer / display). I don’t think this elliptical’s pulse readout will work with Bluetooth transmitters although I could not find anything in the manual that specified what to get. I may have missed this information in the manual and I may be wrong but, to be safe, don’t get a Bluetooth heartbeat measuring system if you have this particular elliptical cross trainer.
I’m still trying to understand what benefits the swivel seat adds. I have rotated it maybe 45 degrees (to clear the upright lever) to get off and on and I cannot see how this is any easier than not swiveling the seat and just getting on. If you look closely, one of the pictures displayed on Amazon has the right vertical lever removed to show the seat in the full swivel position. This includes the picture displayed with this review.
Hope this helps any future buyers.
Addendum (annoyance item) -- 4/18/2017:
I wish the USB receptacle was located on the front of the display. It is located on the back side and I have had difficulty inserting my USB jump drive while still seated (at the end of an exercise session). I finally solved this problem by inserting a USB extension cable and then bringing the receptacle end around to the front of the display where it is much easier to insert my USB jump drive.
goes together in a jiffy
very solid and stable.
quiet and smooth in operation. very, very nice product.