Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,470 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,564 reviews
on August 22, 2013
I have the technological aptitude of that of a delayed toddler, and I got this to work! I was able to hook my MacBookPro up to my TV without any problem.

I read a few reviews that said that they couldn't get the sound to play through the TV with this cord; however, I had absolutely no problem with this. For MacBookPro users, open up the settings and select "sound." Once opened, you can select for the sound to be played through your TV rather than your computer. Further, while in settings, select "display" and choose "mirror" and your TV will - wait for it - mirror you computer. The whole set up took less than 5 minutes.

I could not be happier with this product.
1010 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2014
Whenever I try connecting my MacBook Pro to my TV using this cable, the TV screen constantly flashes and eventually turns black, often with the "No signal" icon. I've received much better cables from other sellers, so this purchase was a waste of money. Will not be buying from this seller again.
77 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
Not only did it not work but the HDMI end connect completely slid off! Total garbage. Do not waste your money
on March 30, 2017
this is a certain 5 star cable…we have used this cable connector for almost 4 years now to display video from a macbook to our ancient (circa ~2005) 52" monitor with no issues. it provides a crisp HD duplication on a monitor of that on the macbook at all times. we have had this great performance, while being incident-free with regular use for, again, almost 4 years! :-)
then, recently, we needed to set up a PC laptop to display video on the 52" flat screen that was already setup for video out from a macbook with this cable.. we did not want to get an entirely new cord and take down the awkward, semi-permanently attached, heavyweight, ancient 52” monitor... so, we thought up a connector we needed and started a search on Amazon… and, once again, Amazon had it and saved the day!!! :-)

if you are a dual pc/mac laptop household and desire to hard wire display both mac and pc laptops to a large monitor, then you need this cable or one akin and the following nifty adapter:
StarTech adapter for converting macbook video out (Mini display port) to PC video out.
StarTech.com DP2MDPMF6IN 6in DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort Video Cable Adapter - M/F
let's call this "nifty adapter" from here on...

once you have this cable connected to your HD monitor’s HDMI port, then you are in business to dispaly your macbook video on to your big screen monitor. if you desire to display a PC laptop video to the monitor, then purchase the nifty adapter.
then, you simply connect the Mini DP female end of the nifty adapter to the Mini DP male end of your macbook video out cable (this cable or the like) and the other end of the nifty adapter into the video out of the PC laptop... and voilà!, you now have PC laptop video displayed on the big screen for a mere incremental of $6.26 on top of this cable here! :-)
take the nifty adapter off and it is ready, once again, for the macbook video displayed on the big screen via this cable! :-)
i thought it was a dream that we would find such a cool adapter and simple solution for hard wire displaying both mac and pc video to the big screen!
however, here we have it with this cable plus the nifty adapter and the dual mac/PC household is in harmony! :-)

in summary, if you are a dual pc/mac laptop household and desire to hard wire display video to a big screen monitor, then you are in business if you purchase this cable(or the like) along with the nifty adapter (link above).
then, when you want to display your macbook, use just this cable; if you want to display your pc, add and connect the nifty adapter… and, that's all folks! :-)

this cable PLUS the nifty adapter are a MUST-HAVE for dual pc and mac laptop households desiring to hard wire connect video to a large monitor! :-)
we are very pleased with this cable and with the nifty adapter! ...Thank you. :-) . deke
on May 6, 2013
Didn't have much expectations on this cable, ordered it because it was cheap and wanted to check how good/bad it was. I was really surprised with the results, audio can go through the cable directly to the TV or I can reproduce it on my Mac, video is full HD 1080p, length is perfect.

It has been with me only for week or so, but so far it's a "must have".
on June 5, 2016
My daughter is an lacrosse player and often needs to watch game film. She has a 13" MacBook and it is difficult to see the whole picture that she needs to be able to see to evaluate previous games. We had purchased a Mini Display Port before and the dog literally chewed it in half. Her name is Chew Chew so it is not that the cord is flimsy, it is that Chew Chew really likes to make sure her name fits. The cord works great and provides a clear picture. If you need a cord of this type, this is the one in my opinion. 10" is a great length because we had previously (that I paid $40 at Best Buy) was only 6" and she had have her computer right near the TV and could not easily rewind and fast forward the film. I have received this item for a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. The sellers ask only that I give my honest opinion and neither require nor reward positive feedback, nor punish negative feedback. I received no financial compensation for this review. I hope the information I have given helps you in some way.
on February 5, 2017
So, I bought this a long time ago and have only used it a few times because it wants to work only half the time. When I took it with me on a residency to use in my hotel room it would display the visual but not the audio. I have used it at home one time that I can think of because it showed red pixels on the screen really bad on one tv and somewhat on the other. One tv does not provide sound but the other it does. Honestly....this was not a good buy at all. I'm irritated because I have online cable now and can't use this to watch shows because its defective The part that plugs into my surface is weird because the cover that connects the metal part of the adapter to the rest of the plastic moves around. So, you have to push it back (like an uncircumcised...ahem.....plug) in order for it to go in the slot. I'm disappointed. I would return it but not sure the return policies on these things. I have been so busy over the last year that I just did not bother but need to now. This thing should work and it does not half the time.
on March 1, 2013
I've been using this cable for about two weeks now in order to connect my mid-2009 macbook pro to my new LED-LCD monitor. It works great! The cable seems to be constructed decently and the ends seem to fit fine without much jiggle. I will say that on the macbook side of the cable, I'm using a cable clip to just relieve some potential strain that the cable could pose on the computer (this isn't necessary, but I just don't want to risk port damage over time).

I'll address one more thing. If you want to connect your mac to an HDMI monitor/tv, you could either use a cable like this, or an adapter like (http://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Female-Adapter-Cable-Macbook/dp/B008X6C4I4/ref=sr_1_18?m=A3V6BK4D0HKA8F&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362155897&sr=1-18). The only reason you might want to go with an adapter is if you already have an extra HDMI cable, or you frequently hook your computer up to projection/presentation equipment. Keep in mind that HDMI is a digital signal, so even a cheap cable should be fine. It's not like analog, where extra shielding can make a big difference).

Anyways, I'd recommend this cable highly.
on August 26, 2014
Some of the less-than-stellar reviews had me a bit concerned whether this would work for my own particular setup. Most of the other reviews, however, were very helpful - for instance I am very grateful to the reviewer who noted that it might be necessary to go into the sound preferences on my MacBook to ensure the HDMI connection. So now, as a thank you, I will offer a great website recommendation - CALM dot com - that looks and sounds great on a big screen. It's just very relaxing music with soothing looped videos in a variety of unexciting visions (such as falling snow, softly flowing water, or gossamer sunbeams filtering through a forest of tall trees). It makes for a really nice ongoing background to brighten up a room (as opposed to having that huge black rectangle of a screen just sitting there) and, when you would like to sit and ACTIVELY RELAX (if that is not a contradiction) you can program guided meditation for anywhere between two to twenty minutes.
on January 31, 2014
UPDATE 18 FEB 2014: I ordered a similar product from another vendor/manufacturer to replace this one, and my "snow" problem disappeared. Apparently, other reviewers seem to like it, so I'm thinking I just have a defective one. But it's too late to return it, so in the trash it goes.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've had my laptop connected to an HDMI monitor for a few years, but I had to use a Mini DisplayPort adapter, then the HDMI cable. I bought this cable because it's just one piece and much less bulky and rigid than my adapter and cable setup.

However, after putting this cable in place, I occasionally have a few seconds of "snow" on my external monitor. usually, it fixes itself within a couple seconds, but sometimes it stays that way and I have to turn the monitor off and back on to correct it. I'm convinced there's some sort of signal degradation being caused by this cable, as the previous setup with an adapter and HDMI cable worked fine for years. I'm certain that it's not a dirty or a loose/damaged connector.

But, the problem isn't too bad that it bothers me, so I'll keep it. I may buy another one, perhaps shorter or of another brand, if I finally get too irritated with the snow.