Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 803 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 843 reviews
on July 30, 2012
First off, its 10-30x magnification, according to the instruction pamphlet. Using it that seems more likely than 15-55x

Looking at the moon as an example, less than half the size of a dime at arm's length, using this monocular on the lowest setting increased the size to the point I could see individual craters. Increasing it to its maximum setting, although very hard to keep steady and to focus compared to lower settings, the moon took up about 80% of the view.

It's an extremely nice monocular for the price, although I wouldn't recommend it for stargazing, I only used the moon as an example everyone could relate to.

I highly recommend this product for any and all purposes you would use binoculars for, because of its low price, compact design, and wide range of the zoom function.

I use it on mid-low settings more often because it takes a very steady hand and patience to focus it on its maximum setting (every movement of your hand is magnified 30x or 55x w/e the max is) I would definitely suggest getting a tripod for its maximum setting because of this, but it works fine held by hand on its lower settings.

If your just looking for something to keep in your car, purse, backpack, or for casual sightseeing, definitely purchase one of these. By no means are they the highest quality, but a great value for under 20$
0Comment| 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2016
I bought this for $12, so in that context, it's great. I just use it for very casual whale/bird watching. The image quality is very suitable for that use. The main features of this monocular is that is tiny, and the zoom is ridiculous. Even with a tripod, at full zoom it pretty shaky. I can only hold it steady enough very briefly. It's nice to be able to zoom though, 10x-20x is useful even when not using a tripod. Also, the zoom is actually around 10-30x. Not 55x, which would be useless on a monocular this small because of light and steady view. The shortcomings of this monocular would be the field of view and eye relief. You eye needs to be held in the right spot to see the full view. When zoomed in past 20x, the FOV is very small, which makes holding it steady even more important, and very difficult to do at high zoom. View is somewhat dark when fully zoomed in, but better than I expected for a objective lens no bigger than a quarter. But again, when at 10-20x (much higher than most other monoculars, i.e. 8x), this is very easy to use and was well worth the low price. I have attached a photo with my phone, and one through the monocular at about 15x zoom. The zoomed image is actually even sharper with the naked eye, because my camera had a hard time focusing itself.
review image review image
on March 24, 2017
This review is based on my planned use of the scope: spotting scope for target shooting at up to 50 yards. Three stars for that, 1 star for any other use.

First, this has fairly decent glass for such a cheap scope. That said, it has severe shortcomings for general use: The objective lens is very small so you need A LOT OF LIGHT to use this, the magnification is WAY TOO STRONG for handheld use and the eye relief is way too short for use with glasses except at lowest magnifications.

If you don't mind taking off your shooting glasses every time you check a shot, your shooting range is well lit, and you have it mounted on a solid support, this works very well for centerfire out to 50 yards. At 20 yards, .22 and .177 shows up very well.

For general use such as bird watching or sports, this is a complete waste of time. Overly ambitious magnification levels, inadequate objective size and ridiculous eye relief rule this out for anything other than well lit, immobile subjects and a solid tripod to mount it on. There is a good reason high end binoculars top out at 7-8X magnification. You just can't hand hold at higher levels.
on September 19, 2017
I bought this scope and the Celestron G2 x 25, to use when scanning an area, that I will be moving through, going hunting.
The HDE has quite a bit more magnification power, but a much narrower field of view, than the Celestron.
I do like the size of it, which is very slightly smaller than the Celestron. It fits in my front pocket, something like a roll of quarters would fit.
It does have a mount screw hole for a tripod, which I doubt I will find a need for, but it is a bit shaky at high magnification so someone would need this I suppose.
In low light (dawn and dusk), my testing shows the Celestron is better.
Both of them seem to focus closely at 10-12 feet.
Considering all the above, I find I can scan effectively, in terrain in front of me, for game at about 350 yards with this one and about 250 with the Celestron.
I will use the Celestron for my hunting due to the better lower light capability, as I am often moving in early predawn hours.
This one is very handy and useful for keeping around for nearly any other daytime use, such as bird watching, surveillance or sports.
I am glad I have it.
I hope this helps.
on May 17, 2017
I bought this item and used it a couple times. I dropped it while I was sitting in a chair (so maybe a 2 foot drop) and the entire interior broke/came lose and it's totally useless now. It is obviously made very cheaply and can't withstand any kind of normal wear and tear. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I had dropped it while standing. I do not recommend this product.
on July 11, 2015
Product arrived in new condition as described.

Truth be told, if I had tried this product in a store I probably wouldn't have purchased it. The view area is just too small, so that even at the smallest zoom level, the viewing area is quite small. I also noticed that the focusing is rather poor--even when the object is focused in the center of the view field, the edges tend to be very blurry. Not sure if that has something to do with the particular construction of the lenses or what.

As others have noted, if you're zoomed in all the way, it gets quite dark because of the 21mm lens size. That can't be helped, that's just optics.

The knob in the picture is a screw-in plug for a tripod. Definitely necessary when zoomed in any more than 15x.

EDIT: I've had this product for a few months now and I can't come up with a single good use for it. I really wanted this to just quickly take a look at where my buddy's golf shots were going, but the view area is way too small for that. It might be of some use to someone birdwatching or a hiker sighting navigation objects, but I really can't imagine this being used for anything. The good news is that it was so cheap, I probably won't even bother RMA'ing it. One of the kids will enjoy it.
on January 27, 2014
(Almost) no complaints about this nifty little product. I bought one for me and for my partner as well. It works fine and if it's too jiggly then you need to either hold it more steadily or zoom out a little, is all. Only complaint is that I wish the cap were attached to the rest of it with a little string so I didn't have to always worry about losing it (which I'm sure will eventually happen).

If you're creative, you can even manage to take digital photos through it (as if your camera had a powerful zoom lens). But only if you don't mind your photos being round, hehe. I did this to get some good shots of an adolescent brown bear from a distance.
on March 23, 2017
Leaking some sticky liquid from the zoom rocker.
Clarity of lens could be better.
review image
on January 28, 2014
I purchased this monocular to keep in my vehicle for occasional use. I wanted something cheap but functional, and this product delivers on both counts. The one-page instruction sheet, which was essentially nothing more than a diagram labeling the parts, was entirely in spanish. That being said, it wasn't necessary: the monocular has a focus knob, zoom knob, and a small screw that covers an attachment point for a tripod.

It's difficult to see clearly through the product at high zoom levels, but that's to be expected with any magnification device. Bracing it on something is generally a good idea. Focusing is easy and results in a clear picture. The one problem is the attachment point for the tripod. While it fits a large tripod I have for a video camera, the attachment point is placed so that once the monocular is screwed down, the zoom dial can't be worked. While I doubt I'll be using a tripod, if I did intend on doing so this would be a problem. It's necessary to zoom in to the desired level, which has to be either close to nothing or almost all the way so that the small nob doesn't get in the way, and go from there.

Overall, it's a fine product for the price. It's a good monocular to keep stashed around for rare occasions when you need one in a hurry.
on May 25, 2017
I wish it had the range described, but when I compared it to an expensive, high-end zoom telescope, the magnification range was actually 10x to 40x. The focusing ring was very stiff and difficult to turn, making fine focus control impossible (also, the unit I received continuously leaked lubricant goo from the under the focus ring, so it was only going to get worse as it lost its lubricant). The eye relief was good (ie: you can use it while wearing your glasses).
If the limited magnification range is acceptable to you, consider getting the "Easywin Portable HD Full Metal Super Clear Dual Focus Telescope Optics Zoom Monocular Scalable Telescopic Telescope For Camping Hunting Sports" (also from Amazon). Though it is listed as 10x to 90x magnification, it's range is actually 8x to 35x. The optics are excellent, the focus is razor sharp and easy to fine tune, and it lets in more light than this HDE monocular to allow nighttime use (well worth it being slightly larger and heavier than the this scope). The Easywin also has greater contrast (ie: distant objects are not only in focus - they also have visible texture, which they do not have when looking through this HDE monocular).