Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 247 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 265 reviews
on August 20, 2015
Ok, I'll start with saying... I love wine items. I have gotten into tasting and enjoying wines over the past few years, and I have bought various aerators and decanters and other items related to wine. I bought this item when I was going through a stage where I was comparing aerators. I still have it today, and still pull it out on occasion. It is effectively being compared to a Vinturi aerator and other "stopper" types that I have.

Now, I'll freely admit this one doesn't do as good a job as the Vinturi, which is why it gets 4 stars rather than 5.
If you use this, it probably opens the wines up about 50-75% as well as the top of the line types, but that is still a lot better than not using anything at all (assuming you want to open a bottle of red and use it right away - which lets be honest, is what most of us want to do). This was based on taste tests between various models on various reds and comparing pours using 1. no aerator, 2-4. various aerators and then tasting.

One thing I do like, is that if you seat it properly in the bottle, you get a nice pouring spout. Granted, you have to trust the aerator to stay in (it always has for me) because in order to get the best aeration you can from this, you have to tip the bottle significantly (as true for all stopper types).

So, it has always worked well for me and for the money spent, I think it's worth having it in the drawer for wine tastings.

An alternative perk... many people may not even notice if there is a taste difference (so sad but true) but they will think it special that you used something like this.
on September 12, 2012
I own several "Vinturi" as well as other brands of aerators... this one is my favorite. I pour wine as a job and I find these perfect. They attach easily on most bottles, unlike most brands that you have to hold, or use a stand or put a straw down the bottle. They make almost no noise at all, unlike all other brands that slurp and burble loudly enough to disrupt shows and conversations. The spout makes them drip and splash free, even when you're rushed and pouring quickly for a bunch of people. Finally, you can be really precise in how much you pour with these because the pour is slowed down to an exacting amount, which is really handy when pouring for tastings.

I will probably buy even more of these. I'm ready to give away all my old aerators.

Oh - and if you doubt such a handy piece can do the same job as a good decanter, think again. I've poured before/after and after/before comparisons on many wines and there is a very distinct difference that is easy to notice.

The only thing that could possibly improve these would be a built in air tight stopper attachment.
on February 22, 2011
I've been using wine aerators almost 3 years, I have Vinturi, VinoAir, Rabbit Aerator by Metrokane and Menu. But the Menu could't be considered an aerator, it doesn't aerates the wine at all. It is only a wine pourer nothing else. If you are looking for a wine pourer and aerator, I strongly recommend VinoAir. But if you would like the best aerator, choose Vinturi or Magic Decanter (both aerators are exactly the same, the difference is the price) if you decide to pay more for vinturi, it will be only for the brand.
on March 12, 2015
Works beautifully. I got two, and wish I'd gotten more. Can't drink wine anymore if it isn't "aerated" properly. I'm considering giving some away as presents next Xmas.
on January 22, 2014
When I saw 4/5 stars for this item, I decided to order three of them. They were shipped directly from China and took 15 business days (21 calendar days) to arrive. The long deliver time was projected by Amazon, so I wasn't shocked. But when they arrived 2 of the 3 items were broken. With both, the plastic intake funnel where the wine enters was broken in two pieces and stuck inside.

So obviously I initiated a return... Only problem is Amazon requires you SHIP IT BACK TO CHINA at a cost greater than just buying a new one. Regardless, I'm not going to take any chances when only one out three arrive unbroken.
on May 15, 2014
for what this is, it's super cheap and really works! we opened a bottle of wine and tried with using the aerator and without and there was a huge difference in flavors. My fiance and I were super excited to experience the difference. Totally worth the money!
on September 26, 2014
This wine aerator cost me 79 cents including shipment from some obscure province in China.
And, it was worth every penny of the price until I read in the newspaper that the Chinese have discovered a loophole in a trade agreement that makes the U.S.Postal Service at taxpayers expense subsidize the cost of shipment.Not good.
I can't really rate how well it works because the seal of the aerator is too small for many wine bottles and the wine pours around and out the neck and makes a huge mess.
As I stated,worth all 79 cents of the price!
on September 3, 2017
did nothing
on May 5, 2014
Let's be serious. When you open a bottle of wine do you drink just one glass? This aerator is perfect if you are having a few drinks, expecting to finish the whole bottle in one night or are serving wine at a party. You just stick it in and pour each glass until the bottle is empty. It's a secure fit. Compared to an standard aerator that costs $15-20 this is a steal and way more convenient (unless you are just having one glass). Also I take the cork and set it inside the aerator like a temporary cap when I'm not pouring if there's still wine left in the bottle.
on December 1, 2013
One of the 2 items I ordered looks a bit defective. When you hold it vertically the metal plate with holes is not parallel, one of its sides is higher than the other. Still, other than the look, it works, and, what would you really expect from "made in china" stuff that is sold for $1 delivered to your home. 4 out 5 seems a fair rating.

12/2014 update: The metal plate finally came off after about 10 months of use including washing in a dishwasher. Still, for the price I paid - no complaints :) . Total Wine sells the same item for $20 a piece. I highly doubt those would last 20 times longer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.