Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on April 20, 2012
The design is nice; it looked like something I would really like and use. But it is a wobbly fit in the USB port although it sits almost flush with the laptop. The red LED light sits right on top of the unit and is pretty bright. Otherwise, it works just like any other USB hub.
on August 26, 2016
nice product great price good buy very recommend.
on June 18, 2016
The light is really bright, and it's not put together very well. The plastic casing has a tendency to coming apart, but it snaps back together easily. I did have to wrap it in tape to keep it sturdy and to cover the light. It works pretty well, though, and is definitely saving me loads of hassle with my two-port laptop.
on November 30, 2012
I've had the USB port for a month now in constant use...always and still works great. I have a mouse and external HDD plugged into it. On large files, it looks like I'm getting 30MB/s read, 23MB/s write. 5 stars if it was more snug of a plug...it's slightly loose, but never loses connectivity.

Doesn't require a power cable, which is a big plus for 4 port HUBs. Able to charge my iPhone from there, but I probably wouldn't be able to restore unless I bypass the HUB (typical).
on July 20, 2012
First of all, this USB hub was just the thing I was looking for. It has met my needs fully and satisfactorily.

My daughter, who always buys me gifts that are useful, bought me a ventilating fan platform for my MacBook Pro, after learning first-hand that my laptop gets kinda hot, especially when charging the battery while using it. Anyway, as most who own a MacBook know, it has two USB ports, one on each side. Well, the Targus unit that she bought me operates its cooling fan with a USB connection. I use the other for a trackball. Guess what? I now have no way of connecting anything else that requires a USB connection without the hassle of disconnecting something!

Oh, I had a USB hub around and used it for a short period. But it was not designed to be portable and a long cable for the connection seemed to always be in the way. It also was not convenient because the cables from the trackball, other connected devices, and Targus always got tangled up.

After searching on the Internet, I found two possible solutions/hubs (both on Amazon) that would work for my needs. The other one that I did not choose looked too big for my needs. So I ordered this one.

All in all, it works great. It does the job well and has a small footprint, the two most important factors for me. All devices I have connected so far seem to have a good fit to the ports, which is not always the case with other units. The only negative thing is that the two halves of the outer shell are not fastened very well. I would guess that the design did not include enough internal snaps. Actually, the two outer shell pieces should have been glued/fused, since, I think, there are no user-friendly parts inside that could be serviced. Its design is very similar to a USB thumb drive, with a nice cap that goes on the male port connector. It can go in your pocket/purse and is really portable.

With the one exception noted above, I would recommend this hub to anyone who needs a hub for their laptop or who needs a hub with a small footprint sans the normal long cables associated with most USB hubs. Great value, as the device is worth every penny, in my humble opinion. For those that need more USB ports, you can't go wrong with this unit!

As for the shipping charges and no Amazon free shipping option, that is another matter. I realize that fuel prices (hence, shipping costs) have gone up, but the shipping charges do seem excessive (almost half of the unit's pirce).
on December 7, 2012
I received it fast and in a secure package. I am using it for both my PC and Mac. This is a great piece and I could not find (at least on Amazon) something that can compete with it. The only little problem I have with this unit is that it is a bit loosely connected to the USB drive. Every time I want to hook up more than 1 external device to this port I have to hold on to the unit and make sure it does not get disconnected.
on July 28, 2014
Ordered about 6 of these for business. Super portable, no wires and yeah it could connect and hold itself inside the USB slot in a more sturdy fashion but they don't fall apart and they work! Isn't that all you really need? Or do you need it to be completely parallel to what you connected it to? It slants like maybe 5-10 degrees. 5 stars--perfect especially if you move your laptop around at all.
on January 5, 2013
This is longer than it looks, so the weight of the hub pulls it down out of the computer if you have it on your lap. Even on a desk, it tends to hang down. It also comes apart easily when you are trying to plug things in. I tried to be very careful, but it still eventually quit staying in the slot. I finally found a Belkin hub (avail. on Amazon also) that works much better. If I can find a model number, I'll post it.
on March 25, 2014
I would NOT recommend this product. Have a new mini tower with only 2 USB ports and it is not expandable. Purchased this to allow for keyboard, mouse, printer, external hard drive etc. Bulky size allows use of this unit only. If I use the printer when done I have to restart computer or keyboard and mouse will not work. Very dissatisfied. Exploring other options now.
on October 26, 2013
First of all, it's bigger than it appears in the picture. Secondly, and related, it's wobbly as all get out and doesn't fit snug, primarily because of its size. Within a few hours, the thing was already "hanging" out of my port and the USB, because of the pressure, was bending. An absolute piece of garbage.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question