BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on May 10, 2017
Honestly, I have no idea how the sample videos posted on reviews for these cameras were even recorded. The first camera I received was DOA since the receiver would short out of you moved the antenna at all. Sent that one back. The next one I received would only get a picture on screen when held 12" or less from the receiver. I work in corporate IT and deal with hardware on a daily basis so I'm ruling out user error. The only reason I bought this type of camera instead of a wifi or wired IP camera is because it was for my parents who are set in their ways and don't use computers/smart phones/etc. In the end, I fixed their old camera and kept the new one just for parts. Based on my experience, I would never buy or recommend this camera to anyone.
on September 12, 2013
It tested good right out of the box, and I installed it in a halloween prop for use. Then when testing again, the receiver power supply failed. It took a while to figure that problem out. Basically, I had intermittent power at the receiver indicated by the red power LED. I finally looked at the LED on the power supply and realized that was the problem. (So I'm slow, you benefit my honesty.) Once I used another spare power supply that I had, I still could not get a picture on the TV. In checking out the camera end of the problem, I checked the power supply and found that not working. Once that was replaced, the picture came right in and worked great. I'm not returning it for these problems because I intend to power it from other sources anyway once the halloween props are installed, so no big issue for me. It's still a pretty good system for the cost.

Updated 2Oct13:
Okay, so October is here and my Halloween props are up. The camera worked pretty well for about 20 minutes, and then the picture started "rolling" horizontally. Those of us familiar with older TV's remember trying to adjust the hold knob on the back to stop the vertical rolling. It was annoying then and it's annoying now. The problem is that there isn't a knob on the back of this to adjust. I'm going to try opening the case on the receiver to see if there is an adjustment screw. The picture isn't bad if you don't mind seeing it steadily pass by.

The sound is poor.
on March 19, 2015
I bought this so I can have a camera on a LEGO train which gives people a view from the train. I had no problems hooking it up to 7 different tv's everything from 50 inch plasma to the 7 inch monitor used at shows. I have to retune the signal for each show, no problems getting it to work. Picture isn't great, but clear enough for the price. I use 6 AA batteries in a pack that hooks up to the 9 volt connector instead of a standard 9 volt battery. It provides longer run time, 5 to 7 hours depending on how recent the batteries were charged. It does the job I need it to do and for the price, wasn't a deal breaker.

Update: The camera failed after 2 years of use and days of running continuously for 6-8 hours at a time. It was't a hardware issue as much as people grabbing it and damaging the antenna and breaking the power wires. I liked it for what it is. Need to replace now. Kids...
on January 11, 2014
I purchased this camera to begin work on a security system. (Actually as monitoring system for my soon to be surveillance camera server.) I found the product to be of generally high quality. The broadcast range is not large, perhaps 50-75' and tuning the receiver can be a bit tricky, but for the price, the system is a decent value.
on January 25, 2016
It was a pain to dial in it actually works pretty good seeing how I am using it in my carport to monitor my jeep signal held out pretty good seeing how it had several buildings to go around well past 75m away battery life isn't the best but it holds out longer then other reviews stated almost 4 hours with rechargeable 9v battery
on July 24, 2015
Pretty good! I bought this one and another name brand that cost less. Don't buy more than one if the receiver even resembles each other regardless of the name and price differences if they transmit on the same frequencies... can't receive both at the same time. I intend to buy remote on/off switches so I can power one off and the other one on when I want to look at that particular view. Stanley 31164 or 31165 wireless remote switches work pretty good.
There's no stand so you'll have to consider doing like I did and tape it by its antenna so the picture is straight up and down! And the picture is not a wide screen picture so expect to see a straight view.
I have one in the back of my garage looking out and one high up at the side of the house and they cover pretty well!
on January 22, 2014
I have read where several people indicated that the device gets very hot. There are two physically identical AC Adapters, including the power plugs (this is a very poor design):
#1: Output = 12V @ 1.0A. This is for the Receiver
#2: Output = 9V @ 1.0A. This is for the camera
It is possible to incorrectly connect the AC Adapters (if you did not know they were different, then you have a 50/50 chance of an incorrect configuration).

My setup is near line-of-sight at approximately 40' and the resulting picture quality is very decent. As with any wireless camera, the image quality is decent but there is a tiny bit of "snow" due to the fact that it is an analog transmission. The image quality issue prevents using the camera for motion detection unless you are able to perform post processing on the image. For the low price (< $25), the image is quite good.

However, because it is an analog device, I am not sure if it is possible to have multiple active cameras as their frequencies may overlap and interfere with each other. Also, I did not connect the audio channel; consequently, I am unable to provide any feedback on the audio quality.
on November 10, 2015
I dont know why or who wrote the installation instructions/owners manual. But it is just a piece of printer paper with literally three steps. To which i simply dont get, how is a spy/pinhole camera supposed to run on 12volts and still be able to conceal it? You either have to run and extention cord to plug the 12volt cord into or try to hook it up to a 12volt battery. All to which neither can be concealed too easily. Thats what the instuctions say, hook the reciever to either a 9volt battery or the 9volt power cord and hook the camera up to a 12volt power supply. Sounds ass backwards!
on August 29, 2017
The product does not work. Receiver is faulty.Took product to technician and when he opened receiver there was soil/dirt in there.The board was not green but brown and rusty in certain parts. I am very disappointed with this buy. I have never had any problem with amazon. I love Amazon but disappointed with this particular order. Would appreciate deeply if product could be replaced.
on September 30, 2017
Worst pic, can't make anything out. Just horrible