Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HDE® 2 Port USB 3.0 A Female to 20 Pin Y Cable
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 10, 2012
Many cases have a USB 3.0 panel connection, but it sometimes has a long cord that you need to route through your case and plug in to the rear USB 3.0 port. If your motherboard has a 20 pin (only 19 pins are used) connection, this allows you to route the panel cable directly to the motherboard, leaving an extra rear port available, and avoiding having an unsightly and air impeding wire snaking through your case.

The cable itself is somewhat stiff, but plenty flexible to bend out of the way, tucking out of sight towards the front of the case. Well worth the few bucks. Recommended!
on August 31, 2012
I have a Corsair Obsidian 650D case and the USB3 ports on the front panel are a pass-through. Bummer. I couldn't use them without this unless I wanted to give up the 2 on my motherboard's rear panel.

If you're OCD about keeping your cables pulled tight against the motherboard tray, you may blow a gasket with this. It's a stiff cable and thus I have to allow it to gently arc from the motherboard, across the case, and behind the motherboard tray so not to put stress on the motherboard. This will NOT cause your system to overheat from obstructed airflow. Get over it.
on February 18, 2012
I ordered two of these as I was building a new PC (Corsair 600T case and ASUS Rampage IV mainboard). The motherboard has two 20-pin USB 3.0 headers, but ASUS does not provide the adapaters. The Corsair case required one USB "A" connector for the front panel, and I added a USB 3.0 card reader that needed two. The card reader came with an adapter, but it did not have the "tails" this cable has and also did not provide the clearance needed with nearby connections on the motherboard. This product solves all of that. Best of all, I could route the tails to the backside of the 600T case and make my connections there - making for a very clean installation look and feel.
on June 4, 2016
Perfect. Bought it to connect the internal front panel connector for USB 3.0 on my corsair 600T to my motherboard, instead of snaking the cable out to the back of the case. Works exactly as needed, and was only $6.
on December 26, 2012
Not a whole lot to say about something so simple but it is a well built very solid feeling cable. Everything connects together securely and the length is just about right to route it out of the way without being overly long to the point where it becomes a hassle to make room for it.
on September 22, 2014
These usb ports are going to be used for a project of mine that requires just a short distance between the motherboard and the front of the case. They work great but the cables are a bit stiff and are a bit bulky, but that's more personal preference.
on February 28, 2013
I had the usual problem, a new ASUS Maximus Formula V motherboard with a 20 pin USB3 socket and needed this cable to convert to two standard USB3 connectors. It worked as planned and seems to be at the proper USB3 speeds but I did not go through massive testing to see how fast it is. Both are faster than USB2 (using a simple test app I got online) and that is all that concerned me. The cable is of great quality and is flexable enough to make it easy to install. I have no complaints at all.
on August 20, 2014
Got a case that didn't have a direct USB 3.0 header cable, so I used an adapter to run them through the inside onto the motherboard directly. Cleans up the cables and allows you to not go around the outside and plug in the rear.
on January 26, 2013
Failed to support 3.0 speed and device detection.
2.0 speed is fine though.
800D Front panel is not culprit (I bypassed it when troubleshooting).
#10 pin might be incorrect.
Seller refunded money. So two stars instead of one. Trying Silverstone CP09 next.

#10 pin known problem on some 19 pin adapters: [...]
on February 6, 2012
Excellent USB3 connection for my Corsair 600T case to the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. And the Y will give me another USB3 connection if I need it in the future. Made well. Easy plug-in. Cheap. Better than other options I considered.