HDE 6 LED USB PC Webcam Web Camera + Night Vision for Desktop PC Laptop Notebook, MSN, ICQ, AIM, Skype, Net Meeting
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Driverless - No software required. Plug and play
- 6 LED lights for night vision viewing; Up to 800 x 600 Image Capture Resolution
- 24-bit True Color; Built-in image compression; Powered by USB. No external power supply needed
- Easily mounts on PC monitor or notebook without a scratch; High resolution COMS color sensor
- Support Windows 2000 / NT / Me / XP / Vista (microphone sold separately included)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Read about our customers' top-rated security and surveillance products on our review page: Security and Surveillance
Top Customer Reviews
It's virtually no set up, just plug it into your USB port and go! You may have to restart your computer with it plugged in if it doesn't work the first time.
No, there's no mic attached, but it's a $10 digital camera and most laptops have mics built in (like mine) so I didn't worry about it.
The light brightness is adjustable with a little knob on the cord (like those old-fashioned lights with the rotating on/off switch)
The lights are the perfect color to convey a real color image.
I live hundreds of miles from friends and family and I'll soon be living thousands of miles away, it's great to keep in touch!
For $10, you won't find better!
This camera came with a micro dvd and no instructions. There is no Mfg. p/n or model number on the camera or the dvd.
Plug and play did not work. I tried multible times to load the software and drivers and was unable to make it work.
I have extensive experience with computers and this episode has gotten me totally disgusted.
So when I see a camera surrounded by clear lens LEDs, I think its like many other IR devices out there. Especially when the product name has the words NIGHT and VISION in the title. I thought "Those are IR LEDs, and its been left IR sensitive." Because who wants to skype with a flashlight shining in their eyes?
WRONG. They are white LEDs (and if memory serves, white light LEDs cost more than IR LEDs), and you ARE supposed to skype with a flashlight shining on your face. But at least they do give you a knob to adjust the intensity of said light.
Anyway, if it is an IR camera you are looking for, you CAN make do with this. Unscrew the lens. On the back is a small square filter plate welded to the lens stack with small plastic blobs. Slice off the welds with an xacto knife, flick off the filter and throw it away. Your camera now sees IR light clearly.
You are still stuck with white light LEDs if you want to use the LEDs though.
And while you do get OK video from the device, if the thrill of your skyping in the dark experience might be affected by a substantial fraction of a second video delay, this may not be the product for you.
Doesn't work at all with XP, barely works with Vista.
Seller says it should start up automatically when installed. It doesn't.
- You are paying $5 for a web cam with mediocre visual quality.
- It has LED lights that you can manually control to brighten up the area in front of camera.
- Windows 7 plug and play. I plugged it in and it downloaded the drivers and was working in about 15 seconds.
- Works great for Google Hangouts, Skype, etc. Just don't expect to be able to see the person you are talking to's acne scars.
- Did I mention it was cheap?
- The quality is a little crappy, but it works just fine.
- No mic. The description says nothing about including a mic, so why are people complaining? As a colleague of mine says, RTFD. Read The Description.
- Fairly short USB cable. I suppose an extension cable could work for you.
- Has a circular base and frame making it nearly impossible to mount on anything. I rigged it with a rubberband on my monitor stand. I'll post a picture.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is a typical cheap webcam. it works, i like you can adjust the lense but it does not sit well on a computer like it states. the clip feature is poor. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Corbin
This is a pretty good webcam, I would have no problem recommending this to others.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
the problem with this camera is the picture is to close up. I have a big desk and a 24 inch monitor, so those are moved back, but this is STILL to... Read more
It worked a little while then broke. Prefer computer camera built inPublished 10 months ago by SB Cheek