- Hard Drive: 1024 GB 7200 rpm
- Operating System: Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows Vista Business Windows Vista Enterprise Windows Vista Home Basic Windows Vista Home Premium Windows Vista Ultimate Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Professional Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
HGST Touro Mobile Pro 1TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive, Black (0S03559)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fastest read and write speeds with both USB 3.0 and 7200 RPMs
- Sleek mobile design is perfect for the style-conscious consumer
- Two levels of protection, with preloaded local and cloud backup software, help keep your content safe
- Cloud backup enables anywhere, anytime remote access
- Upgrade to a paid account and receive 250GB of cloud storage along with iPhone and iPad mobile digital device apps
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So: *after* uninstalling the non-functional backup software from my computer and deleting those files from the otherwise empty hard drive, I tested the hardware. Window 7 recognized it immediately, and using my existing non-Hitachi backup software, it was reading and writing data without problems right away.
-nice sleek appearance.
-USB bus powered, so no external power adapter or cord.
-small form factor; slightly larger and thicker than a smart phone.
-Bundled backup software didn't work, and is equally dedicated to to selling Hitachi cloud storage services as it is to backing up your data. Excruciating details are addressed separately below.
After a short period of ownership, I can't address the long term reliability, but Hitachi drives enjoy a good reputation. This one has a two-year warranty, which is hard to find in these days when the industry standard is one year.
Now, about that software, which is flawed enough to cost this drive a star...mostly for the hubris of Hitachi in considering this anything other than a beta release:
Hitachi's backup utility ("Hitachi Backup"...the boys in marketing didn't waste much creative juice thinking of this name) was included on this drive. Many external hard drive vendors do the same thing; I haven't found one worth keeping yet, and Hitachi has not changed my mind with theirs. Even worse than offering limited user options ("Automatic" and "Scheduled"...Read more ›
MS Surface Pro 128GB SSD
Plugable USB 3.0 GigE Adapter
Anker 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub
HGST Touro Mobile Pro 1TB
Dell U3011 via DisplayPort to Surface
Cat6a Ethernet runs throughout the house
Cisco 3750E 48 Port POE GigE Switch
Transfer Speeds Tests (See images):
(1) Surface SSD to Touro 1TB: 131 MB/s Sustained!!
(2) Touro to Surface SSD: 134 MB/s
(3) WHS 2011 VM to Touro: 64.3 MB/s via the LAN
(4) Touro to WHS 2011 VM: 109 MB/s via the LAN
As you can see the USB 3.0 speed coupled with the 7200 RPM makes for some great performance! I have used Hitachi drives for years now with little to no issues and I hope to have the same experience with this drive. As long as it holds up mechanically I give this item 5-Stars for speed, zero noise, zero heat, and overall design (looks and quality). I'll need some more time to burn it in to determine the mechanical quality. I'll be sure to update this review.
Its simple, just plain works and works fast!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this product as a scratch disk for mobile video editing. Transfer speed has been excellent for HD video editing in Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Doug
Best hd available at the time for my Xbox One, games load quicker.Published 4 months ago by rafael murillo
i use for movies and work documents for when im out of town, this drive is fast in read/write havent had any issue with it so far and its been about a year 1/2 since purchasePublished 10 months ago by Austin Behe
I paid $100 for this one and after I ordered it the price went down to $80. Even for the newer mini version was less expensive. I like the product but not what happened.Published 13 months ago by MadeInAmerica91