HIC Mortar and Pestle Spice Herb Grinder Pill Crusher Set, Fine-Quality Porcelain, Set of 3
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.95 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HIC's Mortar and Pestle Set for grinding items into a fine paste or powder
- Made from fine-quality porcelain; complements any decor; set includes 3 mortars (2.75-inch, 3.5-inch and 5-inch) and coordinating pestles
- Quickly grind and break down ingredients; speeds up food preparation with minimum effort
- Make aromatic dry rubs, curry pastes, pestos, nut butters, ground cinnamon or grind peppercorns, prepare holistic remedies, pulverize pills, and more
- Easy to use and clean; dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Bekith Brushed Stainless Steel Mortar and Pestle / Spice Grinder / Molcajete
Sagler mortar and pestle set Marble Grey 4.5" diameter
HIC Porcelain Octaganol Mortar and Pestle 3.5-Inch White
Sagler mortar and pestle set Marble Grey 3.75 inches diameter
HIC Mortar and Pestle with Pour Spout, Large, Porcelain
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Bekith Home||Zaxbo||Amazon.com||Zaxbo||stores123|
HIC's Mortar and Pestle Set is the perfect set of tools to grind items into a fine paste or powder. The mortar bowls and pestles work together to grind and break down ingredients quickly to help speed up food preparation with minimum effort. Always have the right size for the task with this set of 3 mortars and their coordinating pestles. Quickly grind fresh ingredients, like cloves of garlic, herbs and spices, peppercorns or cinnamon, nuts, grains, and seeds, into a fine paste or powder. Make aromatic dry rubs, curry pastes, pestos, nut butters, spreads, and so much more. Even use it as a pill crusher to pulverize harder-to-swallow pills! Essential tools for those practicing homeopathy, the art of healing through natural remedies, HIC's Mortar and Pestle Set offers effortless preparation of herbal and homeopathic remedies. So easy to use. Simply place an item into the mortar bowl. Hold the pestle by the handle and, using a firm pressure, make a circular stirring-like motion to grind your item into a paste or powder. Harder items, like peppercorns, may need the surface cracked before they can be ground. Firmly, but gently, tap the item with the pestle, then grind into the desired consistency. Pestle and mortar are both made from fine-quality porcelain to complement kitchen countertops and any home decor. Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. Mortar and Pestle Set includes 3 mortars (2.75-inch, 3.5-inch and 5-inch) and coordinating pestles.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) effective. It works beautifully! The mortar and pestle are a perfect pair, and when you gently smash into the side nothing splashes out. I love that there is very little cleanup to this set.
2) compact and easy to store. Who isn't incredibly tired of having too much big stuff? I'm over it! This helps because it is about the size of the palm of your hand and yet it is deep enough to have some use. Perfect size!
3) dishwasher safe - 'nuff said!
Absolutely no cons. Love this thing! It gets used almost daily here. I waited forever because I didn't want a big thing to store. No more wait - this is perfect!
Follow up: My wife has been using the product daily to crush vitamin / supplement tablets. She was pleased with it. After 3 months of daily use, the ceramic bowl shattered.
Any portions of the two parts you are likely to be holding are fairly easy to grip. The working parts, the end of the pestle and the bowl of the mortar have a rough finish making it easier to grind down the pills.
These same parts can take some extra effort to clean. These are dish washer safe and feel sturdy enough that they should not chip or break in the dish washer. I have used a plastic scrubber sponge and had good results hand washing.
Compare with the large screw type pill crusher, the mortar and pestle may require more hand strength and dexterity. The screw type may be better for those with arthritis.
Then again the M and P has more uses, for instance crushing herbs or seeds.
My bottom line: I like the HIC Porcelain Mortar and Pestle and look forward to using it for any of its several applications. Otherwise I cannot say that my bread dough raises any more for the addition of the vitamins.