Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 13, 2018
I cannot figure any use for it, too small and light. I attempted to mash whole cloves, and bits of xylitol crystals into powder with no luck. The inside is all banged up now and it did not get either job done. Seems to be decorative only, for that it is pretty. I have recently being doing research on a mortar and pestle, with what I know now I would not have bought this. I am getting a Thai Granite which can do just about any job. This little one could probably only do pills, I dont think it could even really do herbs.
on August 15, 2012
Product arrived safe+sound. Looks stunning.
I can assume only that "HIC Porcelain" is the name of the company that sells it, otherwise the title is deceptive. It is made of lovely wood.
The only thing I did not expect was that the pestle (grinding stick) is not polished wood like the mortar (bowl) is, and is very rough to the touch so watch out for splinters when you use it.
(Tip to the manufacturers: I wouldn't mind if the crushing part of the pestle was rough wood, and only the handle polished as that way it would be most functional, but still nice to touch).
Definitely worth the price. I can see something like this go for several times the price, in any craft store.
on December 20, 2012
I didn't read the reviews thouroughly before buying this, so it is def my fault. It is tiny! Like little kid in a doll house tiny. If you're ok with that, then it's cute to have as a decor type thing, but nothing more. I'm scared to use it for what I bought it for, because it's wood, and because of it's size, there is not much I can think of to smash in this little thing. Again, my error so I'm not too pissed.
on January 26, 2010
The version I got didn't look too much like the picture, other than the basic pattern. I received one with a tangerine-y lighter orange being the predominate color. It's still quite pretty, and I got it for decoration, but it doesn't match my kitchen as much as I'd anticipated. I expected more red, and that was one of the least used colors. So, I consider this a good purchase, but if you're thinking of purchasing based on the image, the item you receive might have a different palette.
on November 12, 2017
Too pretty to use. I gave it as a gift to a friend and she is using it as decor in her kitchen.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I bought this for my mom as a gift because she has to crush pills for my dad who is tube feed and it has been a blessing for her. Now she doesn't have to beat up the pills with a spoon and lose some of it on the floor.

Nice hard wood and beautiful colors rather than something just plain and white. It's a simple products so why not make it a little fun and colorful.

Easy to clean! Just wipe out with a dry tissue or towel. Cover the container with your hand so as to not have some of the harder pills pop out the top. It will crush just about anything you through at it. GREAT little gadget!

Highly recommended! Simple and it works! Very colorful too!
on June 22, 2013
It's tiny! I didn't realize the dimensions! And I haven't tried anything heavy. If you need something lightweight, use small amounts and use infrequently, then this is ideal. I love the color, that was the deal breaker for me. I have broken stone mortar and pestle before (twice), maybe I just need to go gentle on them... It doesn't have the weight or the strength of the stone ones, but it's ok. very pretty.
on July 13, 2012
It looks way bigger than it really is around is 3 1/4in and is only 2 inches high not porcelain just wood if you want to crush garlic or something hard I dont think it will work .And the colors are just wrong in this picture the colors are not bright like this. It look more like a toy ,Im totally dissapointed and is going back.
on December 10, 2011
I ordered the HIC Porcelain Round Mortar and Pestle 3.5-inch to replace another Mortar and Pestle. Imagine my surprise when my 'porcelain' mortar and pestle turned out to be made of wood!! I guess the wooden one will be okay though I won't put it in the dishwasher! It's very pretty. HIC Porcelain Round Mortar and Pestle 3.5-inch
on July 20, 2012
This is truly more of a decorative Mortar and Pestle. Not sure why it sais Porcelain as it is all wood. Wood it turns out especially the light kind this is made of is not a great crushing or mixing tool. Definitely go with a stone Mortar and pestle. This is not worth the money... really.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.