Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on July 5, 2017
It's a pretty good printer for the price. It's max print area is actually bigger than most of a similar size, which is a plus. Once you set it up properly, it prints great! It also comes with a Micro SD and a USB Micro SD reader so it'll fit into any computer. Although, the Cura estimates are about an hour or so off. Anyways, the assembly was alright. This was my first time ever building a DIY 3D printer kit, so I had some trouble, but the video included with the printer helped a lot, and also watching videos of the printer on youtube helped. It was missing one of the allen wrenchs that it was supposed to have but that wasn't a problem because I had one of the right size already. Also, the printer comes with little to none filament, so if you plan on buying it order a 1 kg spool to go along with it!

There isn't much information on this printer online, so I'll help anyone who reads this out by telling you the proper Cura settings to use. I'm using the latest version (which is much newer and better than the one that the printer comes with). Anyways, I have the settings for the printer set to 0.3mm for the layer height, 210 C for the nozzle temp, and 50 C for the bed temp. Everything else is set to default. These settings are for PLA filament by the way.

I hope this helps!
on July 15, 2017
Perfect Companion Printer!!! This is my fourth printer (Reprap Prusa i3, Creality3D CR-10 and a Monoprice MakerSelect V2) and I must say that I am very impressed with the results. The parts are quality, however after building it may seem a little rickety and the leveling knobs are poorly threaded (too tight in some areas with others being too loose or not fitting). This is not an issue however as the ease of build makes it easy to make small final adjustments. Also, I was blown away that this machine pumped out a perfect 3D benchy on it's first print. I have spent numerous hours tinkering with my other machines and this seems to have been able to do it with a bed that was quickly and haphazardly leveled by eye. All in all I recommend this printer, it sits beside my CR-10 and is able to compete with it's quality of print.. So for the price I would stop thinking and just order it. If you have a printer it makes a fine companion and if you don't it's very easy to set up and comes with an SD card that includes an instruction video which also makes it a fine first printer for those looking to get into 3D printing technologies.
review image review image
on August 30, 2017
One of the best printers on the market for this price! This is my 3rd of 4 3D printers and it out performs two of the printers that are twice as expensive. It is a great little printer but it has pros and cons.

Pros:
- the size is just right for a small apartment/college dorm
- Prusa style is a proven design
- The aluminum extrusion rails allow smooth printing and greater accuracy
- Very easy to set-up
- Very quiet when printing

Cons:
- Nothing sticks to the bed. I tried replacing the bed surface with buildtak which I use on my other printers. I have to use a glue stick which my other printers don't need. I have to add a raft to every model so I can use masking tape to tape the print to the bed while it is printing. Otherwise at some point the print unstick from the bed. This may sound horrible but the print quality makes up for this in my opinion.
- Leveling the bed is a challenge. The bolts like to turn with the knobs so I use a pair of small pliers to hold them in place while I adjust the knobs. It takes a while but once it is level you will only need to make minor adjustments every once in a while.
- Limited in what you can modify. I like to add mods and replace hotends but you can't really do that with this printer.
- The version of Cura it comes with is old. Just download the new version and your prints will come out flawlessly
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2017
Everything went together very easy with the exception of the bar the extruder is on. The screws that attached the bracket were too long. While trying to fix the issue they stripped out. Hours later and a few drill bits and I got it out. I was able to add a washer to it and now its printing like a champ. This is a great printer to get start and I'm already considering their 500$ model with the 11"+ print area to get some bigger things going.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 10, 2017
Printer arrived, my intern was able to assemble in only two hours, thanks to lots of preassembled parts. However, some parts were defective:
1. One of the bed leveling screws was misthreaded, so we could not tighten down that screw, making it impossible to level the bed normally. To test the printing, we developed a procedure of moving the Z-axis switch iteratively with the other two screws, but leveling the bed took > 2 hours and could not be done accurately. But we were able to do a test print.
2. The test print showed very fine lines and good control- HOWEVER, the holes in the baseplate that hold the Z-axis rail were drilled incorrectly, causing the X-axis rail to be misaligned with the bed (and thus the Y-axis) by probably 10 degrees. This resulted in non-square prints. No amount of adjustment could compensate for this manufacturing error.

We contacted HICTOP, one rep first said it wasn't their printer, but after sending a copy of the receipt, another rep acknowledged it was their printer.

Once I explained the problems, they said "no worry, you have a 12-month warranty", which didn't fill us with confidence when working with an out-of country vendor. So, we will be returning to Amazon and seeking a printer from another manufacturer.

Again, the performance of the printing was good, but there were just too many manufacturing problems to work around for us.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.