Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 8, 2012
I velcroed this to the bottom of my RC plane and took it out to a field, this is the shortest video I have but it gives a good indication of the quality. Definitely not HD, but good enough for less than $10 shipped. The video bounces a bit but there were six buzzards circling with me so I decided to dogfight them a little, the camera was pointed at a 30 degree angle so you don't see many of the buzzards.

The durability of the camera is why I am reviewing it. After realizing it was a bit too much for my smaller plane, I noticed it had come loose at some point. two days of heavy rain later and I find it in my yard, pop the case open, give it 12 hours to dry out and it comes right on, I check the video and see how I lost it, it is behind me while I checked the plane, and as I see that it's gone, I step back to look around and step right on it, driving it into the grass further. But it is back in service and I have no complaints.
44 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2012
I was impressed with the video and audio quality of this small spy cam. I used it at the office to catch a candy thief. Left it on pointed at a candy bowl and no one even noticed it. It recorded for 1 hour and 43 minutes before the battery died. The included instructions are terrible, but it's not hard to figure out how to use it after you play with it for a bit.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've done some test shooting with mine, seems to work OK if there is a moderate amount of light.

Be very carefull when you insert the mini-SD Card. If you aren't you will jam it above the SD slot and it will vanish into the hull of the camera. This happened to me. I inserted the mini-SD, it vanished. I had to take the keychain camera apart by removing two mini-phillips head screws, then retreive the card. I reinserted it, screwed it back up, and it works fine.
Read the reviews here about instructions, the Chi-com instructions which come with it are funny but useless.
I will update this review when I use the product more,but so far so good.
UPDATE: Dec. 02, 2012
Used this as a "nanny cam" to keep an eye on sitter. Quality of videos really great for the 10 bucks you pay.This was in a bright room, quality will probably degrade in a darker room. Sound quality good too. I can't figure out how to set the correct date, but WTF. I may buy another, nice product. I can't figure out how to take a "photo" with it, but I only got it for video so I don't care. Easy to download it with the mini>normal usb cord included. Just go to "My Computer" and it shows up as a drive in Windows 7 on a PC. I've played my vids in Real Player with no issues.
11 comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
First of all the video quality is very cheap and unclear. I love the idea of it being so small and may be used in different ways but the video quality just wont do it.
2nd - The thing wont keep sufficient amount of charge until it dies. oh and it wont record past a minute too.
3rd - It was so confusing to use this item.
By the next day of having this, I lost interest. Not worth your time and money.
on September 18, 2014
*EDIT BELOW!!* This is awesome for the price! Had a little problem with some people taking my things while I wasn't around, so this was the perfect little thing to grab off Amazon. :) I think the only problem I had with it was the charging time honestly. Took me about 3-5 hours to charge uninterrupted but it was alright after that. I'm not too sure about the recording time as I haven't let it run for too long yet. To people who are confused about how to get this thing to work (admittedly, instructions in the box were in really bad Engrish haha...) google "Simple Instructions for 808 HD Car Key Micro Camera" and there should be a .pdf in one of the top results that should clear things up. I was afraid this thing wouldn't work but it does :) The video/image quality isn't bad either.

*EDIT: After a few days of using this camera, I found out that it damaged my microSD card to the point where it is no longer usable. Used microSD card with many other devices, but now after plugging this device to my PC a number of times, my card is busted (write-protection error won't go away). :( So I'm knocking down my review to 1 star.

If you have a cheap spare microSD card that you'll only be using with this device, then by all means it's great for the price! But don't use expensive 32gb+ card like I did. Not worth it. :(

Lesson learned, be VERY careful using an expensive microSD card with Chinese-made products.

No longer recommending
on August 26, 2013
I could not be happier with this little camera. The directions are not very good, but it does not take long to figure out. The video is not HD, but for the price it's not bad.

I have strapped it onto my syma x1 and it lifts it with no problems at all.

Only problem I had at first was the sd card falling into the camera, but was easy enough to get out.
on February 8, 2014
Yes the instructions are a little poor, but not that complicated to operate at all. The video is fantastic especially considering the price and size of the camera. Press and hold the front button until the yellow light comes on. Then for still pictures, press the back button once, "click" you just took a photo. Continue this same process for additional still photos. For video, press and hold the back button until the yellow light flashes three times, you are now recording video. to stop the video recording, press and hold the back button again until the yellow light flashes another three times. Then you can repeat the same processes again. Simply put, the front button is the on/off switch and the back button controls the photo and video operation. The battery seems to operate the camera for at least 20-25 minutes of continuous video recording. However there is no way to really know when the battery is charged when plugged in. To obtain a full charge. Leave it plugged in for one and a half to two hours. As a side note you should allow the battery to die first before charging again. Constantly plugging the camera in will decrease the battery life significantly. Overall it is a very good camera.
on November 15, 2012
It was quickly delievred by first class mail. The V-cam is smaller than real size car remote and looks less than real. I similarly replied to the seller for their future improvements (why not, same effort and cost to have the a real size and look...)

I also own a Swann spy pen form Costco for $30. In comparison, the resolution of the Swann spy pen is much better, but I like the recording mode of this car remote V-cam as it does NOT have a flashing light when recording like the Swann spy pen (that simply broadcasts, hey guys, I'm secretly recording...)
on May 17, 2017
I really liked this until it stopped working a few years later. It gives ok video and ok sound. Not excellent but does the job for a very good price.
on August 21, 2013
Great idea, but it did not deliver.
I was excited about surprising my son with this by attaching it to our RC helicopter.
I plugged it in--no light came on.
I reset it, plugged in, then not, I did the hokey pokey and finally the light came on. After hours of charging, I unplugged it and it would not start. I plugged it back in again and no light. Once all the planets aligned, the light came on, and then promptly went off again. I measured the voltage on the battery, and clearly it was able to hold a charge, so the device was defective, not the power supply. It has great potential, if only it were backed by better quality control. I did return the device at no charge easily, and I have been reimbursed--so for that I thank the company. It was worth the gamble for $8.50.
I still want one, at least my son does. Maybe I'll try again, or from a different vendor. I didn't expect it to last, but if it had worked for even a couple of hours/days, it would have been worth the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.