BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 27, 2012
This review consist of two sections: Rebate & Product

Rebate Feedback:
Purchased two of these units, one in March and the other in May of 2012. The rebate company is 4myrebate.com and declined the rebate, although all the available bar codes on the product box was submitted. 4myrebate customer service sited the UPC label was missing. Eventually approved it after I threaten to return the item. Since then I purchased another unit in May which had a $20 rebate offering. The same exact issue happend and declined the rebate submission. There is obviously an issue with the packaging box missing UPC labels. Unless the manufacturer fixed the missing UPC label issue, beware purchasing this unit when taking rebate into consideration.

Product Feedback:
Using it with Windows 7 I had nothing but issues when the product was loaded with the previous February 2012 product drivers. The monitor screens would blank out randomly for no apparent reason (This behavior is similar to unplugging your monitor cable). I tried updating and rollback my GPU display drivers with no improvement. This issue was very irritating as my windows desktop layout would restore back to one display default configuration causing me to rearrange the icons and desktop layout each time it happend. In May 2012, displaylink, the chipset vendor of this product, released more stable drivers for this product which seemed to fix the issues.

I do not like the mechanical designs as it seems the HDMI interface is weakly constructed. It feels if one applies a little force, the connectors would break. I would recommend adding a splint to the in/out HDMI interface and using electrical tape to tape it all together to avoid mechanical failures.

All in all, it is cheap electronics made in China. You get what you pay for.
on September 22, 2013
I purchased this to support a second monitor for a laptop. I was not expecting much from any external adapter and had only planned to use it for webpages, possibly some video.

I hooked it up, adjusted the resolution and went on to see how well it actually worked. Webpages had trouble displaying graphics and when seeking video the screen would just go back. Not good and quite a letdown at first. This could not be right, the performance was too dismal and older adapters I had used in the past preformed much better at lower resolutions.

After updating the firmware, I tried it again. The performance is phenomenal. Webpages and video preformed as well as it would off of any standard video card. Out of curiosity I decided to try to throw an instance of Eve Online up on it. 10-12 FPS. Not bad for monitoring purposes. So I tried 3 instances on it, same performance. The only drawback was the understandably high CPU usage by the adapter. It used the majority of two cores out of eight.

I'm very satisfied with this adapter.
on November 2, 2012
The item was shipped quickly and arrived in good condition however the item name indicated Mac compatability. Perhaps this will come in the future, but as of now the newer USB 3.0 MultiView w/ HDMI does not support Mac OS X. I'm forced to return this unit and order an older USB 2 version which apparently does. Please don't call it a PC-MAC device if it doesn't support MAC at all.
on June 3, 2015
This item worked exactly the way it was supposed to on my MacBook Pro.For a USB device it streams to my TV with ease. Would recommend to any pc or mac users as a external video card. Perfect!!!

Bill
on March 3, 2014
Have not had a problem with this. Previously used Tritton USB 2 to VGA but they don't support this product in Windows 8 (major bummer there). The DisplayLink software is also great and updates with Windows Update - fantastic!
on November 17, 2014
LOVE this. Very easy to setup and works perfectly. Highy recommend.
on January 27, 2012
Received this today from Amazon and immediately bought new monitors to get it all setup. It didn't work. I called support. They were completely useless. They told me to download drivers from DiplayLink.com (they don't have them on their own website). New drivers didn't work. I tried it on 3 different computers all running Windows 7 x64, none worked. The tech support guy (other than talking down to me -- I know they talk to a lot of people that don't have a clue technically, but I get tired of it -- being one of those guys that could write the drivers myself given the hardware specs), finally just said "it must be defective, return it to the vendor." I'd only waited a few days to get it in the first place -- what's a little more hassle?!? It may be just that the never bothered to actually test the device or the drivers on Windows 7 x64, or maybe it really was a defective unit, but the amount of knowledge and effort the tech support guy put into it makes me know I'll not by from HIS again!

So, I found a local retailer that offered the IOGEAR USB to DVI - 1080p DVI External Video Card. It costs about the same, and you can get it from Amazon, and it worked right out of the box.
on May 15, 2013
The HDMI output makes this adaptor universally useful for both LED and TV monitors. HIS Digital has done it again with high performance products at a very reasonable cost. Just imagine you can play a downloaded movie directly from your laptop to the TV/Monitor even if the notebook computer does not have a HDMI output. There is no need to connect a separate 3.5mm cable to the earphone and separate VGA or RCA outputs. This adaptor is simply replacing all those audio/video cables. My notebook computer does not have USB3.0 ports.

I plug the adaptor onto a USB2.0 port and a LED monitor, and it works the first time after I set up the advanced screen display options on my notebook. The displaying speed somehow is a bit sluggish (not a con but an expected performance with USB 2.0 ports). Not to be disappointed with this lack-luster performance, I bought a 2-port USB3.0 ExpressCard at $15 for my notebook. As soon as I plug the Multi-View adaptor to one of these USB3.0 ports, the external monitor suddenly comes alive with flashing displays. Connecting it to my Sony 46" TV, and I could enjoy a movie on big screen with big sound - digital sound!

It is really worth the money to invest on this Multi-view video card adaptor with an HDMI output - because no more teeny sound on my 14" notebook computer screen. And I hope more offices will use this card on those desktop replacement notebooks for those second, or third, or fourth monitors.
on March 22, 2012
Solid product, have this running from a latitude laptop to a 22" lcd monitor and am pleased with the results. Super easy install (took no more than 5 minutes) basically a plug-and-play. I'm using the third display to work with spreadsheets and other similar applications and the quality is virtually no different than my other 22" connected directly to the laptop. Video on the other hand is not so hot... but that was to be expected given the nature of the device. Overall, an awesome alternative for getting 3 screens via a laptop.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
Pros:

Lightweight and Portable
Simple and Easy to use
The functionality is everything you could hope for

Cons:

No HDMI Cable Included
Picture is not 100% Perfect when using USB 2.0

If you would like a full, in-depth review, please visit our website. Thank you.

Sincerely,
DJ Dixon
Lead Writer/Editor Hardware Department
Go! Gaming Giant
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.