HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence 1 GB (128 bit) DDR2 HDMI DL-DVI (HDCP) VGA PCI Express 2.1 16X Low Profile Video Card Retail (RoHS) H555HS1G
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ATI RadeonTM HD 5500 Series Key Features ATI Stream technology, Designed for DirectCompute 11 and OpenCL, Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT), Compliant with DirectX 11 and earlier revisions.
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support. Tessellation for real-time rendering with an incredible level of detail with 3D images. HDR Texture compression - intense visual detail. Multi-threading support. DirectCompute improves PC performance
- ATI AvivoTM Technology Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2). Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond and enjoy a more feature rich experience with enhanced Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
- ATI Stream Technology. Thanks to the ATI Stream Technology, developers can now leverage AMD GPUs and CPUs for enhanced application performance and user experience, delivering dramatic performance and power efficiency
- Microsoft Windows 7. Enjoy all the benefits of Microsoft Windows 7 with ATI RadeonTM HD 5500 Series GPUs which are designed to provide an exceptional experience for the upcoming operating system. Features AMD’s robust ATI Catalyst software
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Expand, Accelerate, Dominate.Now, more people than ever can experience real innovation in DirectX 11 gaming with ATI RadeonTM HD 5500 Series graphics processors. Loaded with advanced technology, these GPUs have the power and premium features you need for fully immersive gameplay. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first GPUs in this class to offer full support for DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition. Get unrivalled visual quality and intense gaming performance and for today and tomorrow with support for Microsoft DirectX 11. Tap into the massive parallel processing power of your GPU with ATI Stream technology and tackle demanding tasks like video transcoding with incredible speed.The HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence features efficient, fanless and silent cooling system, making this a perfect upgrade for your entertainment PC.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For shame, Amazon! I placed the order on Wednesday, and there is no reason that it shouldn't have shipped by Friday. I have generally chosen Amazon over Newegg or Directron, but if slow shipment is your current MO, I'll have to switch back.
I have Vista and the card specs say it is made for windows 7. It works fine in Vista or XP (from other online reviews). The reason it's made for Windows 7 is DX11 is best with Windows 7.
I have installed this video card for the following reason. My BFG NVidia 9800GT card kept crashing my system and the display drivers could not/would not update properly. No help found on the net was working to fix the problem. I realised I have always had great performance and little to zero problems with ATI. As soon as the Radeon 5550 was up and running, none of the display driver problems I was having with the NVidia card were happening any more.
Installation: One of the easiest cards you will ever install. Even though the directions say, "You need a 400w power supply minimum" there was no power plug on the card. Weird but hey, it just made it simpler. There is only the one 2 pin cable to connect and it is so easy a chimp can find it. Seat the card in the board and away you go. All that is left is installing the provided drivers from the cd (Restart now) and then after restart, going to the net to ensure they are the most up to date drivers. This may take a little time depending on your system but it's worth it!
As stated, no more crashes, I could watch vids and play games with no freezing, digital distortions, framerate problems, etc. I raised the specs in the Borderlands game to max and the game ran smooth as silk. Now, for Batman Arkham Asylum, raising the specs to max caused some framerate lagging and I had to lower some of the specialized eye candy settings but it played excellent.
Anyone viewing the card can tell it's a low-end card. It has no fan and is slimmed down but is a silent card and puts out far less heat. No fan, plus it being a shorter card than most, it takes up less space on my board. Thumbs up in my book.
-Reviewers giving the card bad reviews based off bad sales reps/customer service need to be ignored for the most part. HIS customer service has a rep for being aweful but giving a good card 1-2 stars is unjustified. You usually download the drivers and tech from ATI not HIS.
-Reviewers may read that you CAN use 3 monitors with this card but we find out that we must make some adjustments in order to use a 2-3 monitors IF...IF..you want to use the same type of cable. See the product picture. There are 3 types of ports. If you want to connect 3 monitors by HDMI, you have to buy extra cables/splitters. It's common sense. The guy upset that he felt misinformed was giving a bad review because he didn't view the card specs/images that it had 3 types of monitor outputs and not 3 of the same ports that HE was using.